GDT: 12/27/23 Blue Jackets @ Devils 7:00PM EST MSGSN2

Rock

14 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

We win, and the players bailed him out. We lose, and Lindy sucks because he can't adjust. Same sh!t, different day. 

I find the lack of faith disturbing. 

I’m with ya brutha.  It goes beyond wins and losses to goals for and against.  Seigs screwing up was Lindy’s fault to many here.  It’s getting tired esp. since there’s no way Fitz will fire him. 

I get being happy with a "a win is a win" but we got blown out by the Ducks and Oil at home and barely escaped beating the Red Wings and Columbus. Starting every game unprepared and getting saved by your stars in the third period against sh!tty teams is nothing to get psyched about as a fan. We want more from this team. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I get being happy with a "a win is a win" but we got blown out by the Ducks and Oil at home and barely escaped beating the Red Wings and Columbus. Starting every game unprepared and getting saved by your stars in the third period against sh!tty teams is nothing to get psyched about as a fan. We want more from this team. 

Yea of course, everyone knows this.. 

6 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Agreed.  There’s no reason why a team with this much talent should struggle to beat mediocre opponents in its own building.  Part of becoming first a winner and then a contender entails beating the teams you’re supposed to beat.

2 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Yea of course, everyone knows this.. 

Lindy doesn’t.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Agreed.  There’s no reason why a team with this much talent should struggle to beat mediocre opponents in its own building.  Part of becoming first a winner and then a contender entails beating the teams you’re supposed to beat.

I mean we witnessed a ton of defensive breakdowns which has been the story this season the difference is tonight the goaltending was pretty damn solid and vv did a good job when he was needed. 

Edited by 2ELIAS6
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Definitely. That stuff doesn't last long in the playoffs, and that's where the team wants to be playing

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I guess they are trying to make us as angry and disappointed as possible and see how much they can turn it around and do a 180.  There's not really any other good way to describe it.

Nice to see Timo scoring somewhat regularly now.  Luke's goal was incredible. 

Team needs to shoot more often.  Siegs is awful.  Miller and Bahl looked good.  

Dude, the first paragraph sums up exactly how I felt when that game ended.  Of course, I’ll happily take two points however the Devils can get them…especially right now, as they don’t have the luxury of some cushion.

But godDAMN I’m so tired of this team having just enough talent to overcome the moron behind the bench.  It shouldn’t be THIS difficult damned near ALL the time.  They’re better than this.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Dude, the first paragraph sums up exactly how I felt when that game ended.  Of course, I’ll happily take two points however the Devils can get them…especially right now, as they don’t have the luxury of some cushion.

But godDAMN I’m so tired of this team having just enough talent to overcome the moron behind the bench.  It shouldn’t be THIS difficult damned near ALL the time.  They’re better than this.

This team is a cross between the 2001 Devils and the 2007 Mets. Not quite enough talent to be the former, but hopefully at least enough backbone not to be the latter. But the way this collection of players continues to underachieve as a team and only gets saved by individual efforts and 3-on-3 points is disgusting.

Edited by NJDevs4978

On the plus side…remember when Dawson was going pointless in his first 10 games?  He now has 17 points in his last 23 games.  Glad to see that he’s really left that behind him.

• Like 3
  • EvilHeart 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On the plus side…remember when Dawson was going pointless in his first 10 games?  He now has 17 points in his last 23 games.  Glad to see that he’s really left that behind him.

Him and Luke are now tied for 4th in points on the team. Took a while but they finally bumped Dougie out of the top 5. 

Would love to see Nico and Timo gain some ground on that front. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RizzMB30 said:

We win, and the players bailed him out. We lose, and Lindy sucks because he can't adjust.

Right.

He’s a problem and will continue to be, but at the same time I don’t kid myself…Fitz isn’t making a coaching change until the results demand it.  18-13-2 won’t be nearly enough on its own, even if a number of the wins have been tougher to bank than it feels like they should’ve been.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Luke says “you’re welcome!”  

What an ending to see in person 

We think that was their first win in person

The one twin went nuts for the GTG

His brother was jumping in my arms yelling “YES!!!” on the Timo goal and the entire walk out.

what an amazing memory I hope they keep! 

• EvilHeart 6

11 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

This team is a cross between the 2001 Devils and the 2007 Mets. Not quite enough talent to be the former, but hopefully at least enough backbone not to be the latter. But the way this collection of players continues to underachieve as a team and only gets saved by individual efforts and 3-on-3 points is disgusting.

I'd include the Jim Fassel Giants in there as well 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

What a fun ending, Dawson and Luke goals were absolutely awesome shots and was fantastic to see Timo coming alive more and more.

2 points is 2 points, at least it was fun! 

Definitely the guys who needed it. Hope the last few games are a sign of some more confidence that they grow on. That line has been awesome over the last 2 games

• Like 1