GDT: 12/27/23 Blue Jackets @ Devils 7:00PM EST MSGSN2

Rock

26 minutes ago, moustic said:

I will not go as far as seeing me as very intelligent but you seems to miss my point. And there i will not blame your smartness but clearly my broken english. My point wasn't about compare Lou & Ruff ... And if it's not relevant (as i will gladly admit it's not) let's scratch it from my message ! As it has very little to do with previous posters and Lou... Let's forget about it
My point was that the non stop hate toward Ruff is boring to me. And you may think that my use of the world " hate " is a tad too much but when i see constant messages asking for his head ... Hey ! smell like hate to me ... (and i admit, i'm not dealing that well with hate)

Once again, nothing personal from me.. And as @NJDevils1214 point out, I can totally go away from here. Duly noted and it was awesome the time it last right ?  He is right after all.. Why come if i'm not having a good time with this ? More than 21 years of fun being around here it wasn't that bad ! 

I hope you don't think I want you to go away because I certainly do not want that and I am sorry if my post came off hostile. Maybe try taking a little break if you're bored or frustrated? No one wants to chase away the long time posters that made this place great to come to...so many have left already.

This place has gotten so much better in the last year with the departure of certain folks, but as we all know when the team is not doing well things are not quite as fun here in general and a certain type of posters always come out of the shadows-- still it has gotten a million light years better than it was in prior years. While we don't always agree here, most of us at least try to engage in positive, meaningful, and thoughtful conversation before agreeing to disagree.

When the team comes out flat, which happened a lot last season too, and gives up the first goal in 72.7% of games the coaching should catch valid criticism. Even Lindy says it is his job to make sure the team is prepared and they frequently don't look ready. I understand you are frustrated with hearing about it but if it keeps happening....idk what to say 😅.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

I’m personally in the it’s tiresome camp (esp because we all know he’s not getting fired) but it’s actually worse in other forums.  But as others have said you can scroll on by …..  that said a minor move (e.g., Rogalski) is warranted 

The ironic thing is that I can probably come up with a better "pro-Lindy" argument than many of his true supporters:

"The Devils are 18-13-2 on the season and 10-4-1 in their last 15 games.  Lindy didn't have Nico for 11 games and Jack for five.  Timo also missed 7 games and clearly wasn't fully right when he returned; he's only just now starting to look like he's regaining his form.  He's also now without Dougie Hamilton and along with that, the guy who was largely supposed to supplant Smith in Miller missed a batch of games as well."

But the general lack of preparation and looking out of sorts in so many games regardless of the opponent...I bring up how bad teams will beat good ones over the course of an 82-game season (the bad teams gotta win their 20-25 games against SOMEONE, right?), but losing 6-3 to the Sharks and 5-1 to the Ducks at HOME when neither team looked like they could out of their own way coming into those games...and then losing 2-1 to the BJs at home earlier and needing a minor miracle of a highlight reel goal to help pull out last night's win...with those same issues on display...with a coach who's more known for enjoying puzzling longevity than any real success...it all does add up after a while.

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I hope you don't think I want you to go away because I certainly do not want that and I am sorry if my post came off hostile. Maybe try taking a little break if you're bored or frustrated? No one wants to chase away the long time posters that made this place great to come to...so many have left already.

This place has gotten so much better in the last year with the departure of certain folks, but as we all know when the team is not doing well things are not quite as fun here in general and a certain type of posters always come out of the shadows-- still it has gotten a million light years better than it was in prior years. While we don't always agree here, most of us at least try to engage in positive, meaningful, and thoughtful conversation before agreeing to disagree.

When the team comes out flat, which happened a lot last season too, and gives up the first goal in 72.7% of games the coaching should catch valid criticism. Even Lindy says it is his job to make sure the team is prepared and they frequently don't look ready. I understand you are frustrated with hearing about it but if it keeps happening....idk what to say 😅.

Yeah, no one's telling him to go away, and that's really on him if he took it that way...I simply told @moustic where I was coming from, as he was clearly calling me out, which is fine...never once was I hostile or confrontational with him.  Part of the GDT experience at times is to vent, and when you get enough people venting, there's bound to be some disagreements, some more heated than others.  The Devils have turned in some very not-good games against some very not-good opponents this season, and like everyone else, obviously I'm glad the Devils banked a pair of points last night...but I just wish so many of these games weren't such a chore.  True "We Got This!" laugher-type games (or simply games that are tight but well-played) have been few and far between this season, even in a number of the wins, and with the overall decent record.

• Like 2

Ruff venting here is healthy, otherwise we bottle it up and take it out on our controllers/walls/couches

that being said: he sucks, rogolski sucks and McGill sucks too.

however the order of sucking is in reverse order there.

saw on Reddit someone pointed out how long rogolski has been here and how our goalies have not panned out… to put it kindly…

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, no one's telling him to go away, and that's really on him if he took it that way...I simply told @moustic where I was coming from, as he was clearly calling me out, which is fine...never once was I hostile or confrontational with him. 

@moustic called no one out. He made general comments abt how he feels and folks took it personal. He used Lou as example of something incessant and not comparing Lou with Lindy. When there's nothing to complain abt folks will find some reason to bitch abt. It's the nature of things, not just here but in life. :noclue:

I an NOT pointing a finger at you just quoted for context.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Ruff venting here is healthy, otherwise we bottle it up and take it out on our controllers/walls/couches

that being said: he sucks, rogolski sucks and McGill sucks too.

however the order of sucking is in reverse order there.

saw on Reddit someone pointed out how long rogolski has been here and how our goalies have not panned out… to put it kindly…

I saw that Reddit post.  Certainly didn’t fact check it but pretty damming if accurate.  We’re basically where goalies come to die ….. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

I saw that Reddit post.  Certainly didn’t fact check it but pretty damming if accurate.  We’re basically where goalies come to die ….. 

As long as Rogalski is coaching...yes. The guy has longevity that I cannot explain, other than Marty is protecting him..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is the kind of stuff that sort of supports the “winning in spite of him” narrative that many seem to have. 

This and the article you shared last week about the historical trends of Lindy’s teams.  When multiple iterations of teams across 2-3 organizations show the same patterns in first-period play and the head coach is the lowest common denominator among them, it’s damning.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

This is the kind of stuff that sort of supports the “winning in spite of him” narrative that many seem to have. 

For those fans who still have faith in Lindy as being the right guy, I'd like to hear where they're coming from.  Not to disparage them for that viewpoint, more to see if they're seeing something in Lindy that I'm simply unable to.    

• Like 1