GDT: Devils @ wsh Lower Cases, 7:30 pm, TNT - First Game of 2024

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Marino as well.  Luke’s speed was the only reason the Devils got the puck out of their zone on the previous play.

No, I didn't see Marino very well on that, but Daws has to close up the short side from that angle. That's a very stoppable puck, but I think Daws was worried about Ovie on the doorstep and thinking that it was going to be a low pass on the far side that was going to Ovie, but it was just a well placed shot from that angle. 

He's playing well, but that's one he probably wants back. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

2-0 if not for dumb ass Bastian. If Smith took a penalty like that people would lose their minds. So glad he’s playing over Clarke…

Someone from the media needs to ask Lindy why Clarke didn’t dress after his family traveled to see him play.

• Like 4

Just now, Nicomo said:

2-0 if not for dumb ass Bastian. If Smith took a penalty like that people would lose their minds. So glad he’s playing over Clarke…

I think it was between Smith and Clarke and Lindy probably thought Smith can bring something on the PK while Clarke would be squatted on the 4th line probably on his off wing with Tierney and Bastian. With how banged up we are and how the Caps play most of a game, I think we'll see him soon. 

3 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Someone from the media needs to ask Lindy why Clarke didn’t dress after his family traveled to see him play.

I'm not defending Ruff in this case, but no where in the contract does it say you're guaranteed to play when you get called up. It ultimately falls on the team properly informing the player ahead of time and not backing out. 

Maybe Clarke was penciled in, got told about it, passed it along to family and then maybe Palat draws out and it changes the plan. Idk. Let's see a real source on that before we go pointing fingers or god forbid, the media adds fire to some nonexistent drama. 

We don't know even know if the family traveled.

Edited by RizzMB30

2 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

I'm not defending Ruff in this case, but no where in the contract does it say you're guaranteed to play when you get called up. It ultimately falls on the team properly informing the player ahead of time and not backing out. 

Maybe Clarke was penciled in, got told about it, passed it along to family and then maybe Palat draws out and it changes the plan. Idk. Let's see a real source on that before we go pointing fingers or god forbid, the media adds fire to some nonexistent drama. 

*proceeds to defend Ruff* :P

Just got caught up.

Sucks that Bastian apparently has become addicted to Stupid Pills this year.

Happy to see Nico notch a pair of goals.

Lindy, the other team will make adjustments, so attempt to make some of your own.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

*proceeds to defend Ruff* :P

I said that because it wasn't the main point of my post, but yet you try to make it so. 

Just laid out a possibility. If Ruff told Clarke and his family tried to make it here, then yeah, he's responsible for that. I have no problem saying that and that's why I said I'm not defending him. 

Edited by RizzMB30

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just got caught up.

Sucks that Bastian apparently has become addicted to Stupid Pills this year.

Happy to see Nico notch a pair of goals.

Lindy, the other team will make adjustments, so attempt to make some of your own.

“Jack!  Jack, help!  I’m afraid!”

For those of you familiar with Lost in Space, Lindy reminds me of Dr. Smith.

8 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I heard that rolled my eyes.  Is it that hard to read up on the team whose game you’ll be calling?

I admit, I don't follow the AHL or prospects very closely, but I was pretty sure Nemec was doing fine in the minors, and when I heard the announcers say he wasn't, I had to start questioning myself.  Pretty odd that they would make statements like that, which just aren't true.  I mean, if you don't know, that's fine, just don't say anything.  But don't make up sh!t and say things when you don't know what you're talking about.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I admit, I don't follow the AHL or prospects very closely, but I was pretty sure Nemec was doing fine in the minors, and when I heard the announcers say he wasn't, I had to start questioning myself.  Pretty odd that they would make statements like that, which just aren't true.  I mean, if you don't know, that's fine, just don't say anything.  But don't make up sh!t and say things when you don't know what you're talking about.

Nemec’s AHL numbers don’t exactly scream “bad year”.  Not sure what the hell they’re talking about.

• Like 2

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I don’t pay that much attention to the AHL either, but I definitely have my ear to the ground when there’s buzz about prospects who might be called up.  Apparently, tonight’s crew can’t be bothered to do that.

• Like 1

Not ready to start a period. Where have I seen this before…

HUGE save. 

Just now, Aznjsn said:

Marino, what's up with you today bro

Today? He’s been bad most of the season. Him and Siegs dropping off so bad is a big part of the defensive woes. 

• Like 2