Jump to content

GDT: 1/5/2024 Blackhawks @ MO-Hawks, 7:00 pm, MSGSN - Let's Beat a Bad Team in Our Building PLEASE


Recommended Posts

Sooooo in case some don't know...the Kansas City Scouts were originally supposed to be the Kansas City MO-hawks (spelled just that way, to represent the fact that KC is located both in Kansas AND Missouri, as well as to squeeze in a Jayhawk reference), and even displayed a home prototype jersey at a press conference:

image.thumb.png.44e42f4918612107c3588f34accc8925.png

One guess as to which franchise shot it down and why.

 

Anyhoo, I actually have a replica of one of these, and will be wearing it to the game tonight.  So time for OUR 'Hawks to beat THOSE 'Hawks!

 

And seriously, absolutely NO acceptable reason to lose tonight.  Blackhawks are knee-deep in a rebuild and are REALLY fvcking terrible.  They are getting absolutely squashed in most of their games.  They rank 30th in goals for AND in goals against.  Yes, like any rotten team, occasionally they'll win and will somehow manage 15-20 wins by season's end...but for fvck'S SAKE, NOT TONIGHT! 

JUST

CANNOT

fvckING

HAPPEN!

L G M F D!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

Hopefully we don't play as ugly as that jersey looks! Yuck! Lol

No excuses not to win today by a few goals, I want a gold medal win and 2 points at home.

LETS GO USA AND DEVILS!!! 

I actually like those jerseys, partly for the history (it was the very first one in this franchise's history), and also for the fact that all of those busy stripes actually make much more sense with the Native American head as the crest...the stripes were supposed to have a bit of a "war paint" feel.  The elements all tie in better together than they did with the hasty Scouts re-design; the Scouts jerseys looked much more garish. 

It's obvious that the KC franchise didn't have any real Plan B for a jersey design, once the Blackhawks shot down the MO-hawks prototype...I find that funny because how the hell could they not see THAT coming?  Even the proposed team nickname was absurdly close to one already in existence.  McDonald's "Big Mac" "Golden Arches" - McDowell's "Big Mic" "Golden Arcs" indeed.  They really should've gone back to the drawing board and came up with something completely different, but I guess they didn't feel like they had enough time (or didn't want to put in the effort).

 

1 hour ago, vincois said:

To my dearest NJ Devils, go, fight, win!  Overcome these midwest visitors with swift boating & clarity. Did I make myself clear? 

god save the queen.

Usually I'll take the two points however the Devils can get them...but tonight I'm feeling greedy AF.  Could we NOT have a game where it's somehow 3-3 in the third, and the Blackhawks come dangerously close to winning in regulation, and the Devils manage to pull it out in OT?  Or where the Devils are barely clinging to a one-goal lead and managed to get an empty-netter with less than 30 seconds left?  Sure, I can see an OT-winner goal being some thing of absolute beauty, and we're all happy that the Devils pulled it out...but for once, could it NOT come down to that?  Can we just have a good ol' fashioned legit laugher where we know it's over before the halfway point of the game, and can just enjoy watching some guys pad their numbers a little?

I want the Devils to take a 3-0 lead, and win this fvcker 6-1 or something like that.  Blow these guys out!  The Blackhawks have been outscored 70-35 over their past 18 games...15-2 over their past three!  Do what a good team is SUPPOSED to do...win this one and win it BIG.  Light them the fvck up!  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

 

 

I get it (give VV a game against a bottom-feeder and give him anything you can find for him to build on), but at the same time, man if he sh!ts the bed in THIS game...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I get it (give VV a game against a bottom-feeder and give him anything you can find for him to build on), but at the same time, man if he sh!ts the bed in THIS game...

You know if Bedard gets more than one goal it will be ALL OVER hockey media tomorrow AM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Sooooo in case some don't know...the Kansas City Scouts were originally supposed to be the Kansas City MO-hawks (spelled just that way, to represent the fact that KC is located both in Kansas AND Missouri, as well as to squeeze in a Jayhawk reference), and even displayed a home prototype jersey at a press conference:

image.thumb.png.44e42f4918612107c3588f34accc8925.png

One guess as to which franchise shot it down and why.

 

Anyhoo, I actually have a replica of one of these, and will be wearing it to the game tonight.  So time for OUR 'Hawks to beat THOSE 'Hawks!

 

And seriously, absolutely NO acceptable reason to lose tonight.  Blackhawks are knee-deep in a rebuild and are REALLY fvcking terrible.  They are getting absolutely squashed in most of their games.  They rank 30th in goals for AND in goals against.  Yes, like any rotten team, occasionally they'll win and will somehow manage 15-20 wins by season's end...but for fvck'S SAKE, NOT TONIGHT! 

JUST

CANNOT

fvckING

HAPPEN!

L G M F D!

That's pretty cool to me, mostly because I'm from the Midwest, and my high-school's team was "the Mohawks". They recently ended up changing the name like 3 years ago to avoid the whole indigenous mascot fiasco that so many teams have had to deal with. 

Not a very pretty jersey, but brought back some nostalgia!

Time to come out swinging tonight! Lgd!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

That's pretty cool to me, mostly because I'm from the Midwest, and my high-school's team was "the Mohawks". They recently ended up changing the name like 3 years ago to avoid the whole indigenous mascot fiasco that so many teams have had to deal with. 

Not a very pretty jersey, but brought back some nostalgia!

Time to come out swinging tonight! Lgd!

Here's my replica...some guy on ebay was selling them a while back.  It's actually a pretty well-made jersey:

MO-hawks.thumb.jpg.fdc0b1cf8ce981a8d32e5404477d2321.jpg

I'm sure a number of Devils fans in attendance tonight will assume I'm rooting for the Blackhawks...oh well...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

They looked solid last game, hoping this one is equally as fun to watch. Nice bounce back game for vv to build confidence on

The Devils are definitely trying every last thing to get VV going...the original 1986 Top Gun "Send him back up!" approach taken with Maverick, heh heh.  

All things considered, VV's teammates have done a hell of a job picking him up, more often than not.  His record is a respectable 13-7-1, and safe to say that he had his teammates to thank for that.

I think Fitz knows that the first name out of every GM's mouth whenever he scours the league for a potential upgrade (even just a mild one) will be "Casey".  And I don't think as far as the current names that we've heard go, that he has ANY interest in that.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Here's my replica...some guy on ebay was selling them a while back.  It's actually a pretty well-made jersey:

MO-hawks.thumb.jpg.fdc0b1cf8ce981a8d32e5404477d2321.jpg

I'm sure a number of Devils fans in attendance tonight will assume I'm rooting for the Blackhawks...oh well...

Pretty awesome. Thanks again for sharing. I had to send the jersey pic to a few buddies I went to school with, some who played on the hockey team, and a buddy who actually teaches at the school now. 

For years I've been asked why I picked the devils as my team, when the Wild and Blackhawks are the "local" teams of choice. Now I can joke and say because they were originally the Mohawks! Haha

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.