Lindy Ruff RELIEVED Of duties, Green Temp Coach

Colorado Rockies 1976

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

He should never have been given so much freedom of maneuver, even with the injuries.

He is incapable of elevating a team nor managing talent.

its well beyond time 

Yet it STILL won’t happen this season.

• Like 1

If the media have any guts at all, they’ll ask Lindy the following questions every day for the remainder of the season:

1. Why are the Devils habitually unprepared to play, particularly against weaker opponents?

2. Why are in-game adjustments so difficult for this group of players?  Is it because of how they’re coached?

3. Why is the playing time of mediocre veterans (e.g., Smith) prioritized over that of promising youngsters (e.g., Holtz)?

4. Why are Jack and Timo playing out of position?

5. Are you going to retire?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

If the media have any guts at all, they’ll ask Lindy the following questions every day for the remainder of the season:

1. Why are the Devils habitually unprepared to play, particularly against weaker opponents?

2. Why are in-game adjustments so difficult for this group of players?  Is it because of how they’re coached?

3. Why is the playing time of mediocre veterans (e.g., Smith) prioritized over that of promising youngsters (e.g., Holtz)?

4. Why are Jack and Timo playing out of position?

5. Are you going to retire?

What media?  Ryan who's barely Holtz's age and a bunch of empty suits and team shills?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

What media?  Ryan who's barely Holtz's age and a bunch of empty suits and team shills?

Ryan has tried to ask tough questions at least. But I’d bet he’s probably been warned to stop or lose his access.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 4

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Ryan has tried to as tough questions at least. But I’d bet he’s probably been warned to stop or lose his access.

For a while, there was a rumor circulating that team officials threatened exactly that if he didn’t ease up with his questions.  It’s a shame their egos are so fragile that they can’t handle legitimate questions.

• Like 2
  • Shocking 1

11 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

For a while, there was a rumor circulating that team officials threatened exactly that if he didn’t ease up with his questions.  It’s a shame their egos are so fragile that they can’t handle legitimate questions.

What pisses me off is there seems to be this thing where the organization loves taking bows when things are good, but can’t deal with legitimate constructive criticism. When things aren’t going well, don’t ask tough questions or try to hold anyone accountable, or we’ll threaten your credentials. People PAY to read Ryan’s writing, and I’m one of those people, so it’s on the Star-Ledger to back their guy and push back on the Devils with this garbage. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What pisses me off is there seems to be this thing where the organization loves taking bows when things are good, but can’t deal with legitimate constructive criticism. When things aren’t going well, don’t ask tough questions or try to hold anyone accountable, or we’ll threaten your credentials. People PAY to read Ryan’s writing, and I’m one of those people, so it’s on the Star-Ledger to back their guy and push back on the Devils with this garbage. 

Yeah I don’t like this either.  The 2023-24 season is on the brink, and that was never supposed to be a possibility…you don’t get to duck the tough questions here.  Especially if they’re asked in a straightforward and respectful manner.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I don’t like this either.  The 2023-24 season is on the brink, and that was never supposed to be a possibility…you don’t get to duck the tough questions here.  Especially if they’re asked in a straightforward and respectful manner.

💯💯💯💯💯

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And what the organization fails to consider—or perhaps considers but doesn’t care about—is that someone like Ryan is essentially giving voice to many of the concerns and frustrations expressed by fans, who pay good money for tickets, jerseys, hats, etc.  Hockey is my favorite sport to watch in person, but if I’m going to spend my money on Devils tickets, I’d like assurances that the on-ice product will be good.  Fitz hiding in his mancave, or wherever he is, doesn’t provide such things, nor does it instill confidence that he’s working—however discreetly—to improve the team.

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

And what the organization fails to consider—or perhaps considers but doesn’t care about—is that someone like Ryan is essentially giving voice to many of the concerns and frustrations expressed by fans, who pay good money for tickets, jerseys, hats, etc.  Hockey is my favorite sport to watch in person, but if I’m going to spend my money on Devils tickets, I’d like assurances that the on-ice product will be good.  Fitz hiding in his man cave, or wherever he is, doesn’t provide such things, nor does it instill confidence that he’s working—however discreetly—to improve the team.

Spot on. Ryan IS our voice; he’s the only credentialed journalist there that isn’t a paid employee of the Devils. He’s asking the questions WE want asked. That matters. The Devils should respect that. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Ryan has tried to ask tough questions at least. But I’d bet he’s probably been warned to stop or lose his access.

That's kinda why I referenced his age.  He's just starting out, he can't afford to burn too many bridges no matter how edgy he wants or needs to be, especially considering his paper is also hanging on by a thread.  But yes he'll at least TRY on occasion and this organization is ridiculously soft when it comes to taking criticism.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That's kinda why I referenced his age.  He's just starting out, he can't afford to burn too many bridges no matter how edgy he wants or needs to be, especially considering his paper is also hanging on by a thread.  But yes he'll at least TRY on occasion and this organization is ridiculously soft when it comes to taking criticism.

The sad thing is Ryan hasn’t even being edgy or disrespectful. The only disrespectful a$$hole is Lindy who replied that Ryan doesn’t know the game. The question was the horrendously difficult, ‘can you explain your decision on Holtz’ ice time?’

• Like 6

I think at least a small part of the reason Lindy clapped back was Ryan making comments on Twitter during the game the way a fan on a message board would. Not saying that’s his fault necessarily, you have to use the medium to get attention and engage. I’m sure one of the hypersensitive a$$holes in PR or upstairs pointed out that Ryan was ripping Lindy about his Holtz usage on social media before the presser, ergo Lindy getting hyper and jumping him over an otherwise innocuous in-person question 

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I think at least a small part of the reason Lindy clapped back was Ryan making comments on Twitter during the game the way a fan on a message board would. Not saying that’s his fault necessarily, you have to use the medium to get attention and engage. I’m sure one of the hypersensitive a$$holes in PR or upstairs pointed out that Ryan was ripping Lindy about his Holtz usage on social media before the presser, ergo Lindy getting hyper and jumping him over an otherwise innocuous in-person question 

Good thing Lindy was never a head coach across the river, or Canada, a$$holes like Steve Simmons and Brooks would have eaten his sensitive ass alive

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Good thing Lindy was never a head coach across the river, or Canada, a$$holes like Steve Simmons and Brooks would have eaten his sensitive ass alive

He never would've lasted this long in those markets.  Imagine if he worked for Lou?  He would've been out during his second year.

BTW in Lindy's last 13 seasons as a head coach (not including this one, as the Devils are still technically not eliminated from the playoff chase), his teams have made 5 playoff appearances for a total of 45 games, missed the playoffs altogether 8 times, and won a whopping two series and 19 games.  Can Fitz stop acting like he's got Scotty fvcking Bowman behind the bench already?!  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He never would've lasted this long in those markets.  Imagine if he worked for Lou?  He would've been out during his second year.

Buffalo is a pretty serious hockey market, how the fvck did he last up there so long?! Maybe he had thicker skin back then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Buffalo is a pretty serious hockey market, how the fvck did he last up there so long?! Maybe he had thicker skin back then.

Cause anything resembling success up there earns you years. They made the finals in his second or third season, they believed. Then had medicore rosters he'd make just competitive enough to be in the hunt until like March and then fade away. They SHOULD have won the cup in 07 but Lindy couldn't adjust to Ottawa and got steamrolled, even with a monster lineup. The man flat out does not know how to coach a team with talent.

But add to it the Buffalo reporters love their team so they try to rarely disparage their own and instead attack oppositions and make excuses.

EDIT: The radio guys also LOVED to pick a player or two and throw them under the bus, but NEVER Lindy. They used to literally play the Mr. Softee song mornings after games Miller would have 50 saves, lose 2-1 and go 0 for 7 on the PP

Edited by jagknife
  • Like 3

Fire Lindy

Fire Lindy

Fire Lindy

Fire Lindy

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ringtwins said: