2024 All Star and Skills Comp Thread

NJDfan1711

I know many people don't seem to like either event very much these days, but anybody watching? To me the All-Star game is a bit of a vanity event, but I might check it out if nothing else is on. I do enjoy the skills competition particularly the nostalgic events that I hope they never get rid of - fascist gator, hardest shot, and accuracy. Those I love watching and I always go back to comparing today's guys to the greats of the past - Mike Gartner, Al Iafrate, Messier and Bourque. 

I don't know what events Bratt is in but I hope he does well. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I know many people don't seem to like either event very much these days, but anybody watching? To me the All-Star game is a bit of a vanity event, but I might check it out if nothing else is on. I do enjoy the skills competition particularly the nostalgic events that I hope they never get rid of - fascist gator, hardest shot, and accuracy. Those I love watching and I always go back to comparing today's guys to the greats of the past - Mike Gartner, Al Iafrate, Messier and Bourque. 

I don't know what events Bratt is in but I hope he does well. 

That one’s my favorite. Love watching fascist gators battle it out on the ice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

That one’s my favorite. Love watching fascist gators battle it out on the ice.

😂😂😂 Holy crap, that might be one of the worst talk-to-text auto corrects ever.  

If it wasn't obvious, I meant fastest skater lol. 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I haven’t watched a single second of any of this stuff but apparently Michael Buble was high on mushrooms? :lol:

He was high on something 🤣

9 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

The Kucherov parts were embarrassing. The Allstar game is such a clown show.

Kucherov wasn’t even trying. It was sad. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

I didn't notice Buble. In fact, I tuned out during the short musical intermissions because I thought it was random and weird. 

It was also weird that Kuch seemed pretty disinterested, but I guess maybe that's just who he is and he seems to get a kick out of it. 

I actually thought all the events they did were pretty cool, even the passing one which wasn't incredible, but I didn't find it boring and to me it demonstrated some different skill aspects of the game. 

Usually the NHL is guilty of putting in some cheesy and gimmicky event that really doesn't have anything to do with the game, but I don't think they did that this time which was refreshing. 

Why was Jack in the picture that all the teams took if he was replaced by Bratt? Is it because he was technically still named in All Star but he just can't play because he's injured? 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

He was high on something 🤣

Kucherov wasn’t even trying. It was sad. 

One of the commentators made a quip on him, said it looked like he had been digging in Wilson's cooler (had been drinking). Lol, I think it's the only time I've heard someone get booed at a skills competition 🤣 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, DevilMinder said:

The Kucherov parts were embarrassing. The Allstar game is such a clown show.

I loved it, he showed he cared as little as most of us do about this pointless garbage.

They wanna force these guys to go so that's what you're gonna get sometimes, I'd love to see all the players do it during the game and then enjoy watching the Bettman press conference after lol

21 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

😂😂😂 Holy crap, that might be one of the worst talk-to-text auto corrects ever.  

If it wasn't obvious, I meant fastest skater lol. 

So not this?

Screenshot_20240203_214934_Firefox.thumb.jpg.a22bfeace9f30bf29d394befbb7f122d.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5