GDT: Not Atlanta Flames @ NJD - 8 Feb @ 7p -Jack's Back!

jagknife

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That would be egregious. 

What do you want him to do ideally? I don't even think trading a prospect like Casey is even worth Markstrom and he's the best option "available" right now. The Todd Cordell post is spot on. We're up sh!ts creek.

NJ was at least weary on Blackwood in the Holtz draft and they had 3 picks in the first round. That was a great opportunity passed up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

What do you want him to do ideally? I don't even think trading a prospect like Casey is even worth Markstrom and he's the best option "available" right now. The Todd Cordell post is spot on. We're up sh!ts creek.

NJ was at least weary on Blackwood in the Holtz draft and they had 3 picks in the first round. That was a great opportunity passed up.

Casey, next year’s first, this year’s second and another prospect for Markstrom and Tanev. I don’t care anymore. Just get a damn goalie. If that isn’t good enough for Calgary, they can fvck off. That’s a good package.

Edited by MadDog2020

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Casey, next year’s first, this year’s second and another prospect for Markstrom and Tanev. I don’t care anymore. Just get a damn goalie. If that isn’t good enough for Calgary, they can fvck off. That’s a good package.

That's a massive overpay for Markstrom and I hope that's not actually what's on the table. 😉

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

That's a massive overpay for Markstrom and I hope that's not actually what's on the table. 😉

I’m to the point of not giving a fvck anymore. We can afford to part with all of it. You’d also be getting Tanev.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • EvilHeart 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m to the point of not giving a fvck anymore. We can afford to part with all of it. You’d also be getting Tanev.

This fire and passion is why we love you on the board and also why we love that you're not calling the shots hahah

• Haha 3
  • EvilHeart 1

The thing is, Fitz doesn't even have to sacrifice the house to make an upgrade; eerily similar to 2021-22, the Devils' goaltending has been so bad that even a below average goalie would be a substantial upgrade. But I agree that something needs to be done if they want to salvage this season, and time is running out.

Edited by nmigliore
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Maybe it is just the way you worded it, and God knows I hate it too, but I have to believe that Fitz and team that get paid a lot more than I do have done their jobs and have weighed all the options. No one wants to suck, but Fitz has shown us he doesn't get made a fool in trade talks and, like I said, I gotta believe if a move made sense he would have done it. Other GMs are probably trying to bend him over and he's not going for it.

It's time to face up to the liklihood, as much as we all hate it, that we're ride or die with what we got this year. Not saying things can't change but it's hard to perform miracles...especially on decent goalies.

Oh no, I meant what I typed, he’s comfortable with the way it is now, unfortunately. Its, in my opinion, 100% “the answer is in the room” season.

the asks are insane, as are pointed out later in the thread. Fitz needs to say no more VV, though, he cannot be in the crease. Period. Risk him on waivers and send him to Utica 

Everyone wondering why Washington sold Vanecek so low can now really reflect on the obvious answer.

I have seen bad goalies, but at this point I would take Domingue with two bad knees over Vanecek.

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Me too.

I've only listened to about the first 20 minutes of the newest Devils Insiders podcast today but they seem to have hit their breaking point as well last night.  A lot of frustrated F bombs flying around for two dudes who are usually pretty measured in their comments.    

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I've only listened to about the first 20 minutes of the newest Devils Insiders podcast today but they seem to have hit their breaking point as well last night.  A lot of frustrated F bombs flying around for two dudes who are usually pretty measured in their comments.    

And this is why Fitz has frustrated me so much -- his crappy leverage has only gotten exponentially worse as VV continues to circle the bowl.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lateralous said:

I think last night was the last straw for the fanbase. I know it was for me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I think last night was the last straw for the fanbase. I know it was for me. 

I’ve not given up hope on the Devils making the playoffs, but I’ve accepted that any postseason appearance will likely be brief.  Lindy is the glass ceiling against which this team keeps bumping its head.

• Like 2

On 2/8/2024 at 3:41 PM, ButlerBulldog said:

It is.  An article referencing the series’ bizarre ability to predict the future explains that the real-life Mattingly incident happened after the episode was produced.

The real question is if it written before the actual incident.  The air date was after the actual real-life situation as that occurred in 8/91 and the episode aired in 2/92.

• Like 1