GDT - 2/20/24 Devils @ Caps 7:00pm MSGSN2

NJDfan1711

Just now, Nicomo said:

Fitz needs to answer for that. It’s not just on Lindy like I mentioned earlier in the thread. 

Agreed.  Hatakka was playing well and is a huge upgrade over Smith.  Sadly, Smith tallying three points in two games means he’s earned enough Super Mario coins for yet another extra life.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Jack hasn't been the same either, playing with stiffs.

Which in and of itself should be a fireable offense.  Handcuffing the most gifted offensive player in team history by playing him with a pastry on skates (Toffoli) and a spaz (Haula) is beyond stupid.

• Like 4

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Which in and of itself should be a fireable offense.  Handcuffing the most gifted offensive player in team history by playing him with a pastry on skates (Toffoli) and a spaz (Haula) is beyond stupid.

Not to mention playing him out of position 

• Like 4
  • Angry 1

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

And not only that- playing him at fvcking LW 😡

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not to mention playing him out of position 

Another thing for which Lindy needs to answer.  I get not having Jack take face-offs, but does that preclude him playing center at all?  Whose idea was it to play him at wing?

• Like 2

And sorry Fitz, for once you need to come out of your bunker and answer for some of this sh!t.  Can’t always be about wanting to hear how awesome you are at cap management.  You backed the wrong horse.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Another thing for which Lindy needs to answer.  I get not having Jack take face-offs, but does that preclude him playing center at all?  Whose idea was it to play him at wing?

The di..k behind the bench knows, but it's a secret.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Were it not for the ceremony in Nashville last week, I don’t think we’d have seen him at all this season.  He’s habitually quiet when things go bad.

He’s invisible when things go bad. I’ve said it before, but Fitz takes full advantage of not working in a major hockey market and the lack of accountability that comes with it. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I just heard Sal say he likes this...that they are struggling and learning to win. What year is it again? We're really back to "future's bright though"?

I'ma go vom doods.

Meme Leaving GIF by MOODMAN

Why are you still watching? I turned it off the minute the game ended. I’m not listening to those idiots make excuses for this sh!tshow.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s invisible when things go bad. I’ve said it before, but Fitz takes full advantage of not working in a major hockey market and the lack of accountability that comes with it. 

I’ve always found it odd that the Devils don’t receive the same coverage as the Rangers despite being a car ride away.  Maybe I’d understand better if I lived on the East Coast, but does being a New Jersey team make that much difference?  I’ve seen plenty of Devils fans around Manhattan while visiting, even outside of hockey season.

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I just heard Sal say he likes this...that they are struggling and learning to win. What year is it again? We're really back to "future's bright though"?

I'ma go vom doods.

Meme Leaving GIF by MOODMAN

As far as Luke, Nemec, and Holtz go, Sal’s not entirely wrong, but given the talent that’s been here a while, can’t get smoked by a Caps team that’s been losing a LOT lately.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah selling time.

Toffoli and Smith…soyonara.  

Yes, this team is infuriatingly inconsistent. There's still time to get hot and become a team no top seed wants to face in the playoffs. I'd rather we be buyers, even with a coach who seems lost a lot of the time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Yes, this team is infuriatingly inconsistent. There's still time to get hot and become a team no top seed wants to face in the playoffs. I'd rather we be buyers, even with a coach who seems lost a lot of the time.

Markstrom? For Holtz and another asset? A coach who seems lost can't make the team hot.

10 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

They’re not going to get hot.  I wish it could happen, but they’ve had all season to prove that they can make a run.

They’re now 7-9-2 in their last 18.  Outscored 61-54.  Nothing suggests that they’re going to figure it out this year.  Especially with a complete nonentity of a head coach playing two forwards out of position, looking for any reason to give 20+ minutes to his favorite stiff while holding Holtz to some standard no one can understand.  It’s just not happening this year.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They’re not going to get hot.  I wish it could happen, but they’ve had all season to prove that they can make a run.

They’re now 7-9-2 in their last 18.  Outscored 61-54.  Nothing suggests that they’re going to figure it out this year.  Especially with a complete nonentity of a head coach playing two forwards out of position, looking for any reason to give 20+ minutes to his favorite stiff while holding Holtz to some standard no one can understand.  It’s just not happening this year.

Not to mention their highest paid forward relegated to the 3rd line.  This whole season is a disaster and a disappointment.  There is no chemistry, the system was tweaked too late in the season and other coaches already figured out how to beat them with the new system.  I’m disgusted with Ruff.  He needs to go.

Edited by Puckbuster
  • Like 1

Just now, Puckbuster said:

Not to mention their highest paid forward relegated to the 3rd line.  This whole season is a disaster and a disappointment.  There is no chemistry, the system was tweaked too late in the season and other coaches already figured out how to beat them with the new system.  I’m disgusted with Ruff.  He needs to go.

Something obvious to everyone except the Devils GM, who insists on viewing Lindy through Florida Panthers-colored shades.

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Luke Hughes and Tyler Toffoli with abysmal games.

Luke needs to be as far away from Smith as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

Luke Hughes and Tyler Toffoli with abysmal games.

Luke wasn’t using his brain, likely because of his proximity to Smith, and Toffoli is much too slow to play alongside Jack.  At least three scoring chances were squandered tonight because he was a step behind where he needed to be.

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Luke wasn’t using his brain, likely because of his proximity to Smith, and Toffoli is much too slow to play alongside Jack.  At least three scoring chances were squandered tonight because he was a step behind where he needed to be.

Toffoli does lead the team in goals, with 24…which means he’ll have trade value at least.  What we’ve found out about him is that he’s one of those guys who doesn’t really do much else at this point in his career.  But maybe other GMs who don’t see him play every game see the goal total and take a shot at him.

• Like 2