Jump to content

GDT: 2/27/2024 Devils @ Sharks 10:30 EST MSGSN


Rock

Recommended Posts

I now consider the 2023-24 Devils a dead team walking, but the only way that they can show otherwise is to basically win game after game after game.  For a WHILE.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If we lose this game and Friday in Anaheim they have to leave Lindy and the rest of the coaching staff at Disneyland. 

To signify that the Devils are a Mickey Mouse operation?  I’m okay with that.  LGD!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Rock said:

HEY!! YOU SUCK!!!!👈  oooops  I meant to say Let's Go Devils! (But I wasn't wrong! 😈)

Loved that our fans were doing the Rags whistle chant yesterday when the Rags were on a win streak and at the top of the division, and the Devils managed 3 shots on goal trailing in the 3rd in the most important game of the season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Loved that our fans were doing the Rags whistle chant yesterday when the Rags were on a win streak and at the top of the division, and the Devils managed 3 shots on goal trailing in the 3rd in the most important game of the season.

Yeah really wish fans would use some discretion with that one.  When the Rangers not only don’t suck but have smoked the Devils twice this season in OUR building AND are ahead of the Devils by a country mile in the standings…maybe save it for another day?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The Walking Dead: New Jersey Devils 

Sadly, they're on that "March To Irrelevance", that has clear steps, especially once you're no longer in a playoff spot:

 

"OK, if they can just become more consistent..."

"Alright, they have some games in hand, if they can just win those..."

"OK, maybe if they can play .700 hockey for a bit..."

"This is it, gotta go on a 6-7 game winning streak now, no more fvcking around..."

 

Iffy teams that simply can't get it together never do any of the above as needed.  We're at the "extended winning streak or else" stage of this season.  Anyone see it happening?  Nope.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

"This is it, gotta go on a 6-7 game winning streak now, no more fvcking around..."

6 or 7 game winning streak... lol. Team hasn't won more than 3 all year. It would be nothing short of a miracle if they won six games in a row before the end of the season. Hell, I'm going to go out there and say they're not going to win three games in a row the rest of the season. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

6 or 7 game winning streak... lol. Team hasn't won more than 3 all year. It would be nothing short of a miracle if they won six games in a row before the end of the season. Hell, I'm going to go out there and say they're not going to win three games in a row the rest of the season. 

That's exactly my point.  They're not suddenly going to now meet an even HIGHER standard to squeak in.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I'm more excited for a colonoscopy. 

At least they usually knock you out for one of those.

But of course there’s that sh!t that they make you drink to make you…well, sh!t.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

At least they usually knock you out for one of those.

But of course there’s that sh!t that they make you drink to make you…well, sh!t.

GoLYTELY, which doubles as an appropriate descriptor for how the Devils’ season will end.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Shutout by Blackwood, with goals from Zetterlund and Okhotiuk. 

I mean Blackwood is leading them in wins, and Zetterlund is leading them in goals... 
Maybe Timo can net a few.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.