GDT: 03-01-2024 Devils @ Ducks 10:00 EST MSGSN

Rock

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

"happy with how they are playing" Come on Bryce the defense and Nico can't be happy with how they are playing ffs

I’d rather be disgusted with how they were playing and that they had a two goal lead. 

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

Even with the breakdown, my eye test is showing the ducks are indeed fatigued. And historically the 3rd period has been the devils best period. I'm not ruling out a come back, but damn that's a tall order with how fast they've given up goals tonight. Do or die time, but try to give jack some support. He can't do it all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

Even with the breakdown, my eye test is showing the ducks are indeed fatigued. And historically the 3rd period has been the devils best period. I'm not ruling out a come back, but damn that's a tall order with how fast they've given up goals tonight. Do or die time, but try to give jack some support. He can't do it all.

Devs know the deal and they also are really going to be feeling it this period, and with the inevitable tightly-gripped sticks I would not be surprised if they don’t play to their talent. Hoping to be very, very wrong. 

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

"happy with how they are playing" Come on Bryce the defense and Nico can't be happy with how they are playing ffs

If he were solely talking about O-zone play, I could see that. But the defense/goaltending has been brutal. Daws gets a pass on the deflection goal, but think that's about it tonight.. maybe goal number 4 since the defense was sleeping. But the first 2 against were soft. Not to say VV or Akira would've done better, though

• Like 2

Just now, Oglethorpe13 said:

If he were solely talking about O-zone play, I could see that. But the defense/goaltending has been brutal. Daws gets a pass on the deflection goal, but think that's about it tonight.. maybe goal number 4 since the defense was sleeping. But the first 2 against were soft. Not to say VV or Akira would've done better, though

They would not have.  And therein lies this disappointment of a season 

• Like 1

Just now, Puckbuster said:

They are playing in the OZ well they suck in their own zone.  It’s almost, as if, there is zero emphasis on D.  That is culture which starts with the coach.

Rags fans tried to warn us. Lindy was a disaster coaching their defense in NY. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Rags fans tried to warn us. Lindy was a disaster coaching their defense in NY. 

Yup, if anyone knows hockey tactics it’s the average Ranger fan. 

Edited by smelly
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, smelly said:

Yup, if anyone knows hockey tactics it’s the average Ranger fan. 

Substitute Dallas then. They ran him out of town for the same reasons. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Substitute Dallas then. They ran him out of town for the same reasons. 

The Dallas fans didn’t do anything. And they are hockey savants also. 

Edited by smelly

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You don’t need to be a hockey savant to see Lindy Ruff is not a good coach in 2024. Our own GM admitted he still coaches the same way he did a decade ago. 

Good coach, bad coach, average coach - irrelevant when you have basically the worst goaltending in the league. Literally. 

As bad as you think he is even Lindy would have more than enough points to be safely in a PO spot with even slightly LESS than average goalkeeping. 

Is there a Camp David for Presidents of hockey franchises too?  Maybe that’s where Fitz is spending all of his time these days.

• Haha 1