GDT: Devils vs Presds 4/7/24 7:00pm MSGSN

NJDfan1711

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The ECHL went to an extended 7 minute 3-on-3. I wish the NHL would at least try that if they don’t want to do a full 10. 

Shootouts are like outdoor games. They lost their novelty a long, long time ago. 

Shootouts detract from the team concept on which hockey is based.  After 65 minutes of mostly 5-on-5 and then 3-on-3 play, the game is supposed to be decided by 1-on-1 theatrics?  Give me a break.  Just because a shootout was the climax of D2: The Mighty Ducks doesn’t mean it works in real life.

Edited by ButlerBulldog
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Shootouts detract from the team concept on which hockey is based.  After 65 minutes of mostly 5-on-5 and then 3-on-3 play, the game is supposed to be decided by 1-on-1 theatrics?  Give me a break.  Just because a shootout was the climax of D2: The Mighty Ducks doesn’t mean it works in real life.

It was fun for like the first year or two (or maybe I just thought that because Viktor Kozlov was automatic and the Devils were good at them LOL) but after that... bleh. 

• Like 2