Jack out for rest of season

John Wensink

Just now, Mitico12 said:

I think 6 months is a bit of an ambitious projection when it comes fo shoulder surgery. All depends what he needs done. 

Given the fact that he's a star athlete, probably will start rehabbing asap, he should be ready by training camp.

Fingers crossed.

Hence why he’s having it done today; maximize his recovery time. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Seriously...but even the Devils can't get away with total radio silence when it comes to their star attraction.

Shoulda just shelved him at the deadline after you cashed out by trading Toffoli and Miller.

The guess it was better for the GM to give up on the season at the deadline and let your star player continue to play.  

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

The guess it was better for the GM to give up on the season at the deadline and let your star player continue to play.  

Don't you think he gave up earlier by leaving Ruff to hang around as long as he did and not coming up with some kind of upgrade in goal? Not saying the long term answer necessarily but something? He got caught sleeping and when he wasn't doing that he was hiding. ~Midseason  when was the last time we heard from him - Jan 23rd, a day or two before McLeod and Foote took a leave of absence. I don't think that was coincidental.  I also think he fatally believed the answer was in the room and behind the bench.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

Don't you think he gave up earlier by leaving Ruff to hang around as long as he did and not coming up with some kind of upgrade in goal? Not saying the long term answer necessarily but something? He got caught sleeping and when he wasn't doing that he was hiding. ~Midseason  when was the last time we heard from him - Jan 23rd, a day or two before McLeod and Foote took a leave of absence. I don't think that was coincidental.  I also think he fatally believed the answer was in the room and behind the bench.

There's definitely reason to believe that Fitz might have let personal relationships cloud his judgement. I get treating people like family and believing in the group you put together but the writing was on the wall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, titans04 said:

All good points.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

That’s sort of the point…if you were gonna let Jack play hurt then why take crap picks to cash out at the deadline? Either go all in on waving the white flag or go all in on your ‘playoff hunt’…doing it this half assed way smacks of letting Jack play to sell tickets.

• Like 2