GDT: Devils @ Philly 5:00 PM MSGSN

MadDog2020

One more game of Groan.

One more game of Smith.

Pretty sure if he gave me the jersey off his back, I’d ask him for lighter fluid and a match.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jagknife said:

our team is coached by incompetent morons

Nico and Timo have been playing together effectively for weeks, so what does Green do?  He replaces Timo with Palat, which leads to Nico having his worst game of the year.  So many of this team’s problems will be solved by getting these moronic coaches out of here.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

15 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Nico and Timo have been playing together effectively for weeks, so what does Green do?  He replaces Timo with Palat, which leads to Nico having his worst game of the year.  So many of this team’s problems will be solved by getting these moronic coaches out of here.

Some of the decisions are so bad, you wonder if it’s fvcking sabotage.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, jagknife said:

our team is coached by incompetent morons

I don't get how to read that chart. Both the purple and green lines say above average...... For offense and defense......So everyone's performance was above average?!

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Some of the decisions are so bad, you wonder if it’s fvcking sabotage.

I was thinking about that the other day.  Sometimes, it seems like this organization struggles to see the forest for the trees, and I wonder if the inability to do so is intentional.  I don’t like watching the Devils lose, but I can accept it if I know that the team is at least trying to win.  What I find completely unacceptable is the apparently deliberate emphasis on things that don’t contribute to winning, like putting players through the lineup blender for no reason or selectively enforcing discipline for poor play. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't get how to read that chart. Both the purple and green lines say above average...... For offense and defense......So everyone's performance was above average?!

Bars in the negative part of the graph signify poor performance.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I was thinking about that the other day.  Sometimes, it seems like this organization struggles to see the forest for the trees, and I wonder if the inability to do so is intentional.  I don’t like watching the Devils lose, but I can accept it if I know that the team is at least trying to win.  What I find completely unacceptable is the apparently deliberate emphasis on things that don’t contribute to winning, like putting players through the lineup blender for no reason or selectively enforcing discipline for poor play. 

They've got some stats person talking in their ear about some crap instead of using their eyes. No reason to split up what's working. Anyway, whatever.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They've got some stats person talking in their ear about some crap instead of using their eyes. No reason to split up what's working. Anyway, whatever.

The stats geeks run the organization. That's who Fitz and the coaching staff listen to most likely.

• Angry 1

2 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

The stats geeks run the organization. That's who Fitz and the coaching staff listen to most likely.

I’ve never agreed with that approach.  While I think analytics has a place in sports, it should never be the driving force behind decisionmaking.

11 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Bars in the negative part of the graph signify poor performance.

But all of the light green bars for "offense above average" are at zero or lower, aka the negative part of the graph....  So that means everyone had below avg or poor performance when it comes to offense? 

I guess that makes sense since we were shut out, but just seems a little weird still.

• Like 1