2024 Playoffs GDT Panthers win it all

RunninWithTheDevil

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

It's a very hard task. The guy is incredibly good, and Rags are so lucky offensively even when they are on their heels. Those SHG and tip ins can kill your confidence quickly.

Drive the net hard. Timo got under Shesterkin’s skin last year doing just that, and he tends to get mouthy with the refs when guys drive hard to his net and ‘accidentally on purpose’ make contact with him. It gets him thinking about something other than stopping the puck. That’s what you want. 

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Drive the net hard. Timo got under Shesterkin’s skin last year doing just that, and he tends to get mouthy with the refs when guys drive hard to his net and ‘accidentally on purpose’ make contact with him. It gets him thinking about something other than stopping the puck. That’s what you want. 

Tell this to the Panthers.

I think their hotline is…..

1-800-CATS-SUK

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

Tell this to the Panthers.

I think their hotline is…..

1-800-CATS-SUK

They are more desperate now and they need to play their game. I'm concerned more about Bob, than their offense. They have cold blooded scorers who have already exposed Igor in game 3, but Bob needs to do a better job. Both OT goals were stoppable for a goalie of his caliber. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Devs64 said:

They are more desperate now and they need to play their game. I'm concerned more about Bob, than their offense. They have cold blooded scorers who have already exposed Igor in game 3, but Bob needs to do a better job. Both OT goals were stoppable for a goalie of his caliber. 

Right before the playoffs began, just before FLA/TB series started, one of the TV networks showed a graphic about Bobrovsky's playoff record and stats - it was AWFUL.  His save % is horrible, GAA bad, and overall W/L is terrible.  He just seems like a difft goalie in the regular season compared to the playoffs. I don't think he's necessarily been terrible these playoffs, he's made a couple of key saves here and there, but by no means what I say he's been a stalwart.  Shesterkin, Otteinger, and even Skinner have all played better than him 

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Right before the playoffs began, just before FLA/TB series started, one of the TV networks showed a graphic about Bobrovsky's playoff record and stats - it was AWFUL.  His save % is horrible, GAA bad, and overall W/L is terrible.  He just seems like a difft goalie in the regular season compared to the playoffs. I don't think he's necessarily been terrible these playoffs, he's made a couple of key saves here and there, but by no means what I say he's been a stalwart.  Shesterkin, Otteinger, and even Skinner have all played better than him 

Skinner hasn’t. He’s been beyond terrible. Only goalie left in the playoffs with a sub .900 sv%. 

The game winning goal by Robertson last night was as bad as it gets. Just absolutely demoralizing. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Skinner hasn’t. He’s been beyond terrible. Only goalie left in the playoffs with a sub .900 sv%. 

The game winning goal by Robertson last night was as bad as it gets. Just absolutely demoralizing. 

I haven't watched the Oilers much in the first two rounds, but it certainly seems like he's playing pretty well this series. Dallas is loaded with talent in all phases and I've seen him make some key saves. Aside from the .81 stinker yesterday, he put up .939 in Game 1, and .917 in Game 2.

But yeah, that go-ahead by Robertson was weak. 

It's only one period, but Florida looks resigned to the fact that they can't beat sh!!tstain.

The Panthers had the mental toughness to get through the EC last year and the first two rounds this year and NOW they look like they are mentally defeated.

It can obviously change though. I hope so. 

I don't see them cycling and sustaining offensive zone time and pressure the way they did against Tampa and Boston. Which is strange, cuz we all know that the Rangers aren't exactly the best five on five team.

20 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It's only one period, but Florida looks resigned to the fact that they can't beat sh!!tstain.

The Panthers had the mental toughness to get through the EC last year and the first two rounds this year and NOW they look like they are mentally defeated.

It can obviously change though. I hope so. 

Right. On all three points.