2024 League wide FA Deadline thread

Re:  Marino, something I’ve read here and there about him…he makes a great first impression, then regresses.  Apparently that was the case in Pittsburgh and it appears to be the same thing here.  I do like him but sure seems like Pesce checks off some boxes that Marino doesn’t. 

28 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Okay. Make THIS happen Fitz. He slides in in two years when Markstrom is gone. fvckING DO IT. Marino, Holtz, #10.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • EvilHeart 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Okay follow me here: the two we just acquired hold down the fort for two years and then Askarov gets promoted from Utica. This is a succession plan. This is what smart teams do.

Or do you try to slide Allen somewhere else ?

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Okay follow me here: the two we just acquired hold down the fort for two years and then Askarov gets promoted from Utica. This is a succession plan. This is what smart teams do.

Allen is signed for one year…if all goes according to plan (if the Devils were to acquire Askarov of course), I can see Allen being allowed to walk and Askarov being given a shot to earn as much as a split with Markstrom in 2025-26, and then after that…here you go kid!  Fitz would then sign a solid vet backup.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Allen is signed for one year…if all goes according to plan (if the Devils were to acquire Askarov of course), I can see Allen being allowed to walk and Askarov being given a shot to earn as much as a split with Markstrom in 2025-26, and then after that…here you go kid!  Fitz would then sign a solid vet backup.

Works for me. Fitz better be in on this. I don’t wanna hear about the Utica guys. Askarov is and will be better than all of them. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Or do you try to slide Allen somewhere else ?

Possibly. It’s an option that we’d have down the road this year. I think I’d prefer starting the season with the two vets though. 

56 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Okay. Make THIS happen Fitz. He slides in in two years when Markstrom is gone. fvckING DO IT. Marino, Holtz, #10.

I've read that Askarov might not play a third season in the AHL so I suspect he might want to be in the NHL now and not wait two years. He's number nine on this list.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/preds-askarov-and-devils-marino-holtz-join-trade-targets-on-nhl-draft-day

7 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

I've read that Askarov might not play a third season in the AHL so I suspect he might want to be in the NHL now and not wait two years. He's number nine on this list.

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/preds-askarov-and-devils-marino-holtz-join-trade-targets-on-nhl-draft-day

That’s life. It’s not up to him.

14 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s life. It’s not up to him.

Wrost case scenario Allen is back in the same position as in MTL and Fitz moves him. Big dealleee-O

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1