2024 League wide FA Deadline thread

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

😳… first phone call Monday morning better be to stamkos agent

I think I saw they’d have about $6 million left under the cap after signing Pesce, Dillon, and Mercer to their estimated contracts. So they would definitely have room. 

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I think I saw they’d have about $6 million left under the cap after signing Pesce, Dillon, and Mercer to their estimated contracts. So they would definitely have room. 

Can you imagine him playing with Hughes… holy sh!t

49 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Devils could have found a way to convince Marty to stay. He left because the team didn't want him. I understand that Tampa wants Stammer to stay but the gap is rumored at like 1 to 2 mil a year. You find a way to make that work.

He was done. He was the only one not to know. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Not sure why winning cups with the team would make or break them making a deal they aren’t comfortable with? Thanks for the prior success but it’s a business if they don’t see it being a right mold moving forward.

You don’t see how winning multiple Cups as captain matters? Being a career Bolt? We’re talking about legacy. It absolutely matters. Stamkos is still good, he just scored 40 goals. You don’t let him walk.

Edited by MadDog2020

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I agree 100% but the team owed him a bit more time for him to realize it. They didn't do sh!t after he left anyway.

No the team didn’t owe him that. The team gave him enough time. This isn’t a charity, it’s a business. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You don’t see how winning multiple Cups as captain matters? Being a career Bolt? We’re talking about legacy. It absolutely matters. Stamkos is still good, he just scored 40 goals. You don’t let him walk.

Idk, I never thought I’d see Tom Brady in another jersey either. 

1 minute ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I agree 100% but the team owed him a bit more time for him to realize it. They didn't do sh!t after he left anyway.

Except let Cory prevent them from landing some exceptional players lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Idk, I never thought I’d see Tom Brady in another jersey either. 

It all depends.  Brady was done with NE and it felt like both parties simply wanted to move on from each other.  The idea of playing for one team sounds great, but a lot has to break right.  

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Worked out pretty well for Brady though. And Stamkos is the one who gets to decide. 

True; I think Tampa knows they shouldn’t let him walk though. And in the end, any extra money he gets in Detroit or NY or Toronto will be eaten up by taxes. It makes the most sense for him to stay for several reasons. 

• Like 1