Devils have acquired F Paul Cotter and Vegas third in 2025 for Alexander Holtz and Akira Schmid

MadDog2020

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

They had 3 picks in the 1st round in 2020 and Mercer is now the only player left on the team. They did use Muk to help land Timo, but that’s still pretty brutal. Kind of 2015 Bruins territory. 

Another reason that Fitz is on the hot seat this season. That was his first draft in charge. He's definitely feeling the hot seat this season and absolutely must be fired if we somehow don't make the playoffs. 

• Like 2

The McLeod situation is just bad luck from the organizations standpoint but it kinda sucks that all we are left with from two 7th overall picks and an 11 is Erik Huala and Paul Cotter.    We watched a lot of sh!tty hockey to earn those picks.   

Just now, Lateralous said:

The McLeod situation is just bad luck from the organizations standpoint but it kinda sucks that all we are left with from two 7th overall picks and an 11 is Erik Huala and Paul Cotter.    We watched a lot of sh!tty hockey to earn those picks.   

True; but we also watched a lot of sh!tty hockey for Nico, Jack, Luke, Nemec, and now Silyaev. So not all is lost lol

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Zacha was actually #6OA. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Vomiting 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I wanted Rossi. Jarvis would have also been a great pick. 

Same, wanted Rossi at the time

• Like 1

I wish we could have held on to Schmid. If there was one of the young goalies I wanted keep around, it was him. It's okay though, just need to hold out hope for Yegorov.

I still think Holtz has a chance of figuring it out. We will see how a new setting impacts his ability to find his game.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nessus said:

I still think Holtz has a chance of figuring it out. We will see how a new setting impacts his ability to find his game.

He’s going to pretty much the best possible destination for reclamation projects. 

36 minutes ago, nessus said:

It's just bad value for what he gave up. Schmid for Cotter straight up would have been a disappointing return.

I hate to break it to you, but Schmid and Holtz aren't well thought of around the league.

If Fitz got a bag of hockey pucks for the guys, he did well. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I hate to break it to you, but Schmid and Holtz aren't well thought of around the league.

If Fitz got a bag of hockey pucks for the guys, he did well. 

I’m sure people said that about a bunch of the guys Vegas won that Cup with…

Mike Rosati is a really good goalie coach (and Sean Burke is director of goaltending). I will not be surprised at all if Schmid ends up having success there. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m sure people said that about a bunch of the guys Vegas won that Cup with…

Mike Rosati is a really good goalie coach (and Sean Burke is director of goaltending). I will not be surprised at all if Schmid ends up having success there. 

We will see how it goes.

It is simply addition by subtraction according to Fitz and the Devils with this move.

A gritty player for the bottom 6 isn't a bad thing. 

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

A gritty player for the bottom 6 isn't a bad thing. 

Right, but those are not terribly hard to come by. They acquired Lazar for a single 4th round pick. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Right, but those are not terribly hard to come by. They acquired Lazar for a single 4th round pick. 

Lazar isn’t 24 and doesn’t make the league minimum for the next two years.

Edited by MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Lazar isn’t 24 and doesn’t make the league minimum for the next two years.

Lazar makes barely above league minimum. In fact, he makes less than Fitz just gave the other Kurtis…

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Lazar makes barely above league minimum. In fact, he makes less than Fitz just gave the other Kurtis…

I thought Lazar was making around 1, 1.2. I do think Lazar and Cotter together have the makings of a pain in the ass line to play against. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I thought Lazar was making around 1, 1.2. I do think Lazar and Cotter together have the makings of a pain in the ass line to play against. 

He makes $1 mil a year. With league minimum being $750K I think that counts as barely above. 

Anyway, what’s done is done. I hope Cotter is a total pest for opposing teams, and goes out there and hits everything in sight. 

• Like 2