Jump to content

Devils have acquired F Paul Cotter and Vegas third in 2025 for Alexander Holtz and Akira Schmid


MadDog2020

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, -27- said:

Wouldn’t  Holtz have been exempt from waivers? If that’s the case why not send him down to play on the top line and 

A. Hopefully increase his trade value and/or

B. Allow him to continue to work on the weak parts of his game

What was the rush on getting rid of Holtz at this draft? This trade just screams impulsiveness and desperation to show ownership you’re making the team grittier and keeping your word after a terrible season. In reality it’s just poor asset management. 

He just played a full NHL season, appearing in all 82 games…sending him down to a league where he has little left to prove wouldn’t have added much of anything to his value, and sending him to the AHL in the first place would’ve been a tough sell.  At this point I’m his career, he needs to work on the finer points of his game in the NHL.  And two teams that the Devils tried to trade him to apparently didn’t think he could do it…in addition to the Devils themselves.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, vincois said:

Schmido crapped the bed. Drafted in '18-  6 years you know what you have. He had a decent playoff's 22-23 & we ALL thought he was ready for prime time. Glad he's gone. 

This year was his chance.  He had kids behind him and Poulter more or less forced his way into the picture.  Poulter outplayed him in Utica.  In the end, can’t give everyone endless chances.  Sometimes tough calls due to numbers simply have to be made.  I still suspect Daws’ time is running short too.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

This year was his chance.  He had kids behind him and Poulter more or less forced his way into the picture.  Poulter outplayed him in Utica.  In the end, can’t give everyone endless chances.  Sometimes tough calls due to numbers simply have to be made.  I still suspect Daws’ time is running short too.  

Spot on. Similar to Clarke, he is a decent AHL'er & that's it. You gotta move on. If Allen or Markstrom go down, Daws will likely be called up. And he had better perform. Show us what you got! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, vincois said:

Spot on. Similar to Clarke, he is a decent AHL'er & that's it. You gotta move on. If Allen or Markstrom go down, Daws will likely be called up. And he had better perform. Show us what you got! 

Might be Poulter who gets that call now, but of course that will depend who’s playing better…and assuming Daws is even here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Might be Poulter who gets that call now, but of course that will depend who’s playing better…and assuming Daws is even here.

Daws is an RFA. I'm sure Fitz will qualify him. Unless traded? There are quite a few teams without goaltending depth. Devils are deep/heavy with prospects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, vincois said:

Daws is an RFA. I'm sure Fitz will qualify him. Unless traded? There are quite a few teams without goaltending depth. Devils are deep/heavy with prospects.

Yeah that’s what I’m not sure of.  Fitz may be looking to deal off Daws’ rights, as he did with Schmid.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, -27- said:

Wouldn’t  Holtz have been exempt from waivers? If that’s the case why not send him down to play on the top line and 

A. Hopefully increase his trade value and/or

B. Allow him to continue to work on the weak parts of his game

What was the rush on getting rid of Holtz at this draft? This trade just screams impulsiveness and desperation to show ownership you’re making the team grittier and keeping your word after a terrible season. In reality it’s just poor asset management. 

No and they've already tried A & B-  AHL all star-too slow for NHL.  When Hershey goes for their 546th Calder Cup he'll be on their top line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.