Devs get Johnathan Kovacevic from Mon for a 2026 4th Rounder

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Re:  Marino, in fairness it’s not that hard to understand.  Fitz wanted the 2nd round pick this year so he could take a specific goalie in the draft, and he didn’t have one of his own, and obviously can’t wait until after the draft (and after Pesce is signed) to make such a move.  And it’s clear that Fitz and Co soured on Marino…they wanted to move on.

Now we’ll see if Pesce happens.  

I hope so. Fitz will have a difficult time explaining himself if he strikes out or gets stuck overpaying. 

46 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Underrated observation, great call. 

Even with the cap rising like 4 million a year, the devils are still going to be facing a Cap crunch with both Luke and nebuch coming off ELCs in the not so distant future. 

Plus this lets fitz get a little creative now in free agency.

image.gif.fb9bf3d6f1e7c15d1cafb47af47b5a91.gif

• Haha 2

Too many injuries to our talented players from the Rempes of the league, Fitz is not messing around. Really interested in seeing what this guy can do on the Devils. They will not be a team to mess with. Hard not to like this move!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Fitz still planning a final push for Big Z.

Remains a long shot since he needs room for the fish man, but they haven’t given up entirely. 

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, smelly said:

Remains a long shot since he needs room for the fish man, but they haven’t given up entirely. 

Any chance on a winger? (DeBrusk, wink wink)

12 minutes ago, smelly said:

Is Fitz actively trying to put himself in a cap nightmare? Zadorov is a prime candidate to be significantly overpaid on his next contract, and Fitz still needs to work on finding the right winger for Jack. I would be perfectly happy with Pesce and Dillon, and using any extra money on a UFA forward.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, John Wensink said:

Any chance on a winger? (DeBrusk, wink wink)

Certainly doesn’t preclude it, but I haven’t heard anything about DeBrisk specifically. 

What I’ve been told suggests that Fitz will def be poking around the Fs and is likely to add one, but not at the top end. 

I’ve heard rumblings around Mantha, but that seems less likely now IMO after adding Cotter. 

Note that this was before Stamkos going free became more certain.  

21 minutes ago, nessus said:

Is Fitz actively trying to put himself in a cap nightmare? Zadorov is a prime candidate to be significantly overpaid on his next contract, and Fitz still needs to work on finding the right winger for Jack. I would be perfectly happy with Pesce and Dillon, and using any extra money on a UFA forward.

That’s why it remains a long shot. 

Edited by smelly