Devils sign D Brett Pesce - 6 x $5.5

Once Fitz dealt Marino we knew this was coming.  All good, checks some nice boxes, and not that much more expensive than the player that he came here to replace.  

4 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I believe this is a nice upgrade from Marino, i like it

Same.  I would have preferred to add Pesce and keep Marino, as I still believe we need another decent defenseman, but this is a nice signing at a nice term and price. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Same.  I would have preferred to add Pesce and keep Marino, as I still believe we need another decent defenseman, but this is a nice signing at a nice term and price. 

Signed Dillon. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Two problems:

The Devils couldn't afford to keep Marino's hit AND take on these new hits without hampering flexibility.

There would have been too many RHD on the roster.  This basically worked out like a Marino-for-Pesce + (2) second rounders trade.  Also, Fitz wanted Yegorov but didn't have a pick in the second round to take him.  He got that pick in the Marino deal.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jagknife said:

moveable in the late years if needed

It’s still nice to see ownership not afraid to pay up with that cash up front.   That hasn’t always been the case for this franchise and I just wanted to note my appreciation for it now.

• Like 2