Devils sign F Stefan Noesen - 3 x $2.75

1 minute ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

After the Mercer deal i think that only leaves us with roughly 3M

Don’t like that. That means they’re basically going to ask Jack to carry someone who has no business being in the top 6. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Don’t like that. That means they’re basically going to ask Jack to carry someone who has no business being in the top 6. 

Lets certainly hope not, i think they go after one more bottom 6 F and the team is what it basically is.. theres still a possibility to make a trade, so who knows, well see.

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Loved his playoff goal in 2018 and he had a solid playoffs with Carolina this year. 

The way he plays now is well-rounded. He shouldn't be a liability in our own zone. 

He goes to the net, deflects pucks. He really looked great for CAR. I like him as a 3rd line guy and maybe they are thinking he can play up in the top units for a pinch.

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I’m still hoping for Rico

Maybe for the 3rd line. But who’s playing with Jack if the first line is Timo - Nico - Bratt? I don’t really want it to be Haula or Palat. Mercer I guess for one, but you still need someone else. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m still hoping for Rico

The thing about Rico is that he can technically play the right wing if we need him to. He could center for Jack

Maybe a 2 year deal at 3.5 or 4 AAV year?  I guess my only really concern with him is you don't want to give Henrique 5 years. 

Edited by RizzMB30

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Maybe for the 3rd line. But who’s playing with Jack if the first line is Timo - Nico - Bratt? I don’t really want it to be Haula or Palat. Mercer I guess for one, but you still need someone else. 

True. Like I said Fitz has to get creative. fvcking vulture-ass Nashville swiping JM 😡

• Angry 1

Posted (edited)

Didn't see Nose Part Deux happening.  Wow the Devils are becoming Carolina North.

Yeah I'm guessing now that one of two things are going to happen:

Someone we're not expecting to get dealt (Siegs?  Haula?) might be moved to create cap room, and then Fitz uses that savings to try to snag a Top 6 forward.

OR

Fitz brings in a stopgap forward with offensive ability on a one-year deal (someone like Skinner or Duclair), and then looks to upgrade in-season.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Didn't see Nose Part Deux happening.  Wow the Devils are becoming Carolina North.

Yeah I'm guessing now that one of two things are going to happen:

Someone we're not expecting to get dealt (Siegs?) might be moved to create cap room, and then Fitz uses that savings to try to snag a Top 6 forward.

OR

Fitz brings in a stopgap forward with offensive ability on a one-year deal (someone like Skinner or Duclair), and then looks to upgrade in-season.  

Wouldn't love it, but I wouldn't hate it. When you have Jack Hughes, you have a lot of flexibility with who you might throw in next to him. It's like having a Crosby when he played with a max talbot, a DuPuis, or a Bryan Rust on his wing. I could see either of those players working on his right. Skinner could really create some magic. 

7 minutes ago, RizzMB30 said:

Wouldn't love it, but I wouldn't hate it. When you have Jack Hughes, you have a lot of flexibility with who you might throw in next to him. It's like having a Crosby when he played with a max talbot, a DuPuis, or a Bryan Rust on his wing. I could see either of those players working on his right. Skinner could really create some magic. 

It's more of a question of the amount of money that he has left to work with.  Like @MadDog2020 alluded to, Fitz will have to get creative because he's not going to have the money to go after the obvious guys (not even sure who's left on the board at this point), so he'll have to go for more of an "outside the box" type.  

• Like 1

Man Noesen got himself a hell of a raise...with Carolina he made $750k, $762.5k and $762.5k in his three seasons there.  Not knocking the signing in that he should help (given his skillset), but wondering just a little if Fitz could've gotten him for a little less AAV.  Guess there was some competition for his services.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Man Noesen got himself a hell of a raise...with Carolina he made $750k, $762.5k and $762.5k in his three seasons there.  Not knocking the signing in that he should help (given his skillset), but wondering just a little if Fitz could've gotten him for a little less AAV.  Guess there was some competition for his services.

Dillon and Noesen were both probably slight overpays. But how often do you get value deals in FA? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Dillon and Noesen were both probably slight overpays. But how often do you get value deals in FA? 

Oh for sure, comes with the UFA territory.  Usually only get bargains for guys who greatly manage to exceed expectations or are reclamation projects who manage to turn things around.  Dillon is making about what he made in AAV from his last contract, so that one is fair.  Noesen's deal isn't bad by any stretch, more wondering aloud if it could've been trimmed just a little, but he's coming off two solid years, and hard to think someone else wasn't in the hunt.

This one I don't quite get, seems like a pretty high cap hit for a fourth liner. 

I'm not going to whine or get too upset about it, relatively small dollars, but still seems like a lot to pay for the positioned and role