Sykora/friesen Comparision

Yeah, I suck

Sykora - 13GP - 5G - 3A - 8P

Friesen - 11GP - 2G - 3A - 5P

Sykora's doing great without Arnott, infact, Sykora's doing better then Elias. Afterall, Sykora was supposed to be the one who suffered the most during the "Post A-Line days". I'm sorry, but this trade didn't help us. Sykora's 4PPG, 2PPA could've really helped the Devils struggling PP. I like Friesen, but I wish Sykora was back. Oleg is good but he ain't scoring. I watch MightyDuck games and Sykora plays great. He has SPEED! speed he never showed on the Devils.

Now, if you could get a second chance, would you still do that trade?

MAKE IT STOPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!! :evilcry::evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry: Seeeee? You're making me cryyyy!!!! :evilcry::evilcry: :evilcry: :evilcry::evilcry:

:lol: If we really got ripped offf, then I'm sure Louuuuuu will think something up...

What power of fate has me trapped here responding to KD's nonsense on a Friday night?

Who knows.

Do you even think before you post, KD?

First: Your use of if A, then B logic in this post is AMAZINGLY clear. You're saying that on the Devils, as a result of Sykora's presence, would generate enough power play offense such that he would have that many power play points? Talk about If A then B, this is the best example of it I've ever seen.

Second: you are declaring the trade to be worthless after 11 games. 11 games! Give it a chance.

Third: Your use of if A, then B logic in assuming that Sykora would've come to play this year is a nice assumption. Typical of you to do that. Fact is, you can't compare two players from different teams without putting them in the proper context. Not that you would know that.

Well, I wasted 10 minutes here..

I'm trying SBT. I REALLY AM.

Ever see Pulp Fiction?

Anyone remember that part where Samuel L. Jackson near the end says to those two nitwits who are busted when they were going to rob that diner:

"I'm trying REAL HARD. Now tell your 'honeybunny' to calm down. I want you to concentrate and find me the wallet that says 'Bad Motherf*****'. Do it cool. ..."

He then says that messed up saying he always said before busting a cap in someone's ass.

SBT... you get the point :lol:

Do you even think before you post, KD?

Sometimes I think that I'm the only one here who thinks before they post..

First:  Your use of if A, then B logic in this post is AMAZINGLY clear.  You're saying that on the Devils, as a result of Sykora's presence, would generate enough power play offense such that he would have that many power play points?  Talk about If A then B, this is the best example of it I've ever seen.  

No, I didn't say that. But Sykora is really good on the PPs, that way he definetly would've helped us in the PP catagory. Not necessarily 4 PPGs, but definetly would spark some offense.

Second: you are declaring the trade to be worthless after 11 games.  11 games!  Give it a chance.  

Where in that post did I say it was "worthless"? I am saying that it didn't help our offense. Sykora's doing great in Anahiem, while Friesen is Freezing. Read before you reply....

Third:  Your use of if A, then B logic ...

Jesus Christ Tri, can't you think of anything new...

Well, I wasted 10 minutes here..

I agree.. Damn Tri, you're getting easier and easier to stump every thread. Is it cause you're slipping, or you can't just admitt that I'm right.. I think it's both

If M, then Q logic, then R logic... give me a break...

Sykora - 13GP - 5G - 3A - 8P

Friesen - 11GP - 2G - 3A - 5P

Sykora's doing great without Arnott, infact, Sykora's doing better then Elias. Afterall, Sykora was supposed to be the one who suffered the most during the "Post A-Line days". I'm sorry, but this trade didn't help us. Sykora's 4PPG, 2PPA could've really helped the Devils struggling PP. I like Friesen, but I wish Sykora was back. Oleg is good but he ain't scoring.  I watch MightyDuck games and Sykora plays great. He has SPEED! speed he never showed on the Devils.

Now, if you could get a second chance, would you still do that trade?

umm yes.

Ok, KD.. you really 'got' me there.

I think Sykora would have helped on the power play. None of the current Devils has a great slapshot except for Rafalski and maybe Tverdovsky. The fact that the Devils have no one they can put in front, and no one with a slapper that can beat a goalie consistently from the high slot or blueline does not make for a good power play combination. But just because the Devils 'need' a player does not mean they should keep him around.. too many teams do this. Lou isn't afraid to deal himself into a weakness to get rid of a problem.

You say that this trade hasn't helped us on offense. Well what was it supposed to do? Was Tverdovsky's supposed to be a defensive defenseman, and Friesen a 2 way forward? No. These are scorers. They're supposed to score. So are all the Devils. But your purely statistical comparison doesn't notice that NO Devil is scoring particularly well. The Devs have one of the worst offenses in the league so far; almost every Devil has less points than expected. So, context, next time.

You can't even think of witty insults anymore.

It would be nice to see him actually construct decent arguments, though.. this one's got holes all over the place.

The biggest most glaring hole being the statement that Sykora is showing "speed he never showed on the Devils."

Hmmmm... me thinketh there's something wrong with that comment. About 10 things wrong with it actually. If he was back with the Devils he would suddenly show it? He saved all his speed to be a Ducky?

The fact that the Devils have no one they can put in front

But they do have someone they can put in front on the PP - his name is Joe Nieuwendyk! He's made a living out of that his whole career! So why doesn't Burns use him that way here????

Frustrating!

come on people you know you can't win when Kingdevil makes a statement. It is obvious that we don't have the intellect to properly anaylise or understand his anaylisis of the stats he presents. So i suggest the grin and nod method of replying to KD's posts. After all isn't it apparent it is the only way for him to maybe stop talking sooner.