Warning

msweet

The admins of this site have decided that posting deliberately antagonistic or personal stuff will not be prohibited. Furthermore, posting for the intent of starting pointless arguments is not going to be allowed here in njdevs.com world.

A lot of posters are complaining about the way agruments are going on. It is detreacting from meaningful hockey discussion and is discouraging new members from joining. Many long time posters are sick of this stuff, including me. How many posters are afraid to post anything about say Scott Stevens, for fear of personal attack or starting a "Stevens Retire" thread? A trade Nieds thread is ok, once, maybe twice. Everyday is unacceptable.

If this kind of posting continues, the posters will be suspended or banned.

Think twice before you mention someone's name in a post, or you say a Devil's player sucks. It has to have a purpose other than to start a fight or be deliberately negative.

It is ok to post negative things about Devil's players. There just has to be a point to it. Remember, this is a pro-Devils board, open for MEANINGFUL hockey discussion.

The admins of this site have decided that posting deliberately antagonistic or personal stuff will not be allowed. Furthermore, posting for the intent of starting pointless arguments is not going to be allowed here in njdevs.com world.

msweet...help me out...why does the second sentence seem to contradict the first...are both prohibited or just one :unsure:

It is confusing and the sentences are incorrectly structured. I think he is trying to say that both won't be allowed.

It's like locking and unlocking and then locking, who's confused?

Or removing posts and allowing others to stay that responded to the post that was removed which then is hard to follow the context of the posting.

But he is trying, give him/her credit for that, as the board changes it's policies in mid stream, instead of starting a new board, which no one wants.

He or she should use the Holik example which he or she was so much a part of, which looks like a double standard today with the changing policies.

I conmend the effort for a better board with people that will talk hockey both positively and negatively as it pretains to the Devils and other teams. Let's start with the removing of the homer attitude as well. Be open minded when discussing the Devils cause there is a lot to discuss about this season's team both positive and negative.

I think the point is not having the same arguements posted in every thread. Like lets say someone really is in a mood where they are pissed the Devils aren't bigger. Then in every thread, regardless of the meaning of the post, they start posting how the problem comes back to the Devils lack of size. This would now be considered abuse because we don't need to rehash the same arguements every day over and over in every post.

-Scott

Let's start with the removing of the homer attitude as well. Be open minded when discussing the Devils cause there is a lot to discuss about this season's team both positive and negative.

In my opinion you SHOULD be a homer if you're posting on this board...does that mean the Devils can do no wrong? That you can't complain about poor play (i.e. Saturday)? Does that mean the "enemy" shouldn't post here? NO. If you're going to bash the team keep it objective and factual. Enjoy this forum and keep it clean and we all will have a good time.

I see some of you are deliberately not getting it.

Everyone understands the point I was making, but instead you point out a typo (which I've fixed) in order to attack personally or ridicule what was said.

You all know what I mean, and if you want to post here, you need follow.

with personal stuff, is off-topic still open game?

like if i wanted to post about something interesting i did this weekend, could i use off-topic? i wouldn't post it in hell obviously but sometimes i feel like sharing...

hopefully you'll agree with me and let off-topic be of any topic... thanks for the warning, i think this board really needs it.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is WAY too funny (and ridiculus).

Here's what I think (if anyone bothers to read it). I don't know how many of you guys go to letsgokings.com. That is a great board, you know why? cause there isn't such this as this. People post their what they want. Wether it's postivie, negative, a personal attack, whatever. Those kinds of things make a board FUN, if you admins censor every single peice of negative posts, the board will get ruined. You might lose people just for the fact that the board may lose interest. I don't know how many of you guys take this board seriously when you leave the computer, but come on guys. Stop crying/analysing everything so in depth. Sure, if you take this board too seriously, you'll get hurt.

You guys are no fun, take a chill pill, and step back from the screen.

Okay, I've had enough of all of this.

Stop looking for reasons to fight with each other. Why is it that everyone has the need to bitch and moan about something every single day?

Msweet is an admin. If he says something, you better believe you all should follow.

This board is a priviledge, and many of you are abusing it.

You want to get to the point where people need to be suspended and banned? You want it to get to the point where no one wants to post anymore??? Other boards have gone under, and this one has the potential if some of you don't shut your mouths and learn a thing or two.

I applaud the Admins on their efforts. Here's hoping that we as a group adhere to these new guidelines, which I feel will make this board more enjoyable.

I've been to other sites (including the Kings one) where it's "anything goes" in the forums, and while that is fun, it makes serious discussions about hockey very difficult because people will just divert the topic by using a popular counter-point such as, "Oh f*ck off, you don't know sh*t."

Yes, this board has more rules than others might, but I think that's because the admins (and many posters, myself include) want this board to be more... professional? Is that the word I'm looking for? Something like that; I think the meaning is clear, even if the word choice is poor.

Agreed, IG, and msweet.

Take away the standards from a message board, and it becomes awful.

A lot of people are here from the NJO board, and they know what happens to a board without rules.

My one addendum is that people aren't starting Trade Niedermayer threads every day, it just happens to come out of every discussion. I'll try to stop, but it's so tempting, heh.