More Scare Tactics From The Left

Jimmy Leeds

Simply because I'm completely lost.

If there is no draft, if there isn't going to be a draft, why spend the money on the SSS?

If you are not going to have a draft and it is a wrong evil thing, wouldn't you dismantle the SSS, not dramatically jack up its budget?

I didn't know they upped the budget.

All I remember is around my eighteenth birthday I got a card for the lottery that you had to fill out. That's it. I don't know how much of a budget they would need in order to send everybody a simple card on their eighteenth.

Simply because I'm completely lost.

If there is no draft, if there isn't going to be a draft, why spend the money on the SSS?

If you are not going to have a draft and it is a wrong evil thing, wouldn't you dismantle the SSS, not dramatically jack up its budget?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why don, cause in this world you never know what any of the whackos out there can do at any point. THey leave the Selective service lottery in place just in case there is ever a need for a draft once again. See my previous post for how the draft now works and how it and the Selective service registration are linked.

The fact is the world is an insecure place and the United States being the worlds dominant power is a target for many groups. If that isnt a good enough reason to keep the potential for a draft around i dont know what is. Someday we may be faced with the fact that our standing army just cannot handle a situation. And having the selective services around is a hell of a lot better then starting over from nothing like we had to do twice in WW1 and WW2.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.