YANKEES / RED SOX

Guest Devsrule

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't make a prediction. On one hand I can see the Red Sox finally getting past the Yanks because the Yanks can't beat them ALL the time, just a majority of the time.

But. On the other hand I can NEVER count this Yanks team out. It doesn't matter if they are down 5-1 to the Twins or the Red Sox, they will always have a chance to comeback cause they are that damn good. Like the ESPN Announcer said tonight about the pitcher facing Jeter, A-Rod, and the The Shef 3 in a row: "You can get in big, big, big trouble very quickly...".

I say regardless of which team wins, I don't see it going 7 again.

Super glad the Yanks are the ones with Home Field Advantage though, extremely key in this series.

I am not going to make a prediction but I willpoint out a few things:

1) These Yankees always come back they are super resiliant and are never out of a game. They have the confidence you always saw from the Yankee teams of the late 90s.

2) The Red Sox, even if they won't admin it, carry the weight of 86 years of failure into every game they play. That weighs on you especially against the Yankees.

Until Boston beats the Yankees it is impossible to pick the Red Sox to win the series.

Until Boston beats the Yankees it is impossible to pick the Red Sox to win the series.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OK, well, I'll pick Boston this year, and you can pick them next year!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You claim about Yankee fans being cocky about the Curse, but then go and say a typical loser comment.

Hey, he's pissed cause Yankee fans keep mentioning the curse and then goes and makes a a$$hole-ish comment like that. Which is a very typical Boston Red Sox fan comeback/comment. There's a reason why they have choked for 86 years, and the demeanor of their fans is a nice part of that.

I mean until the Red Sox start winning something like the ALCS or the World Series, cool it down with those confident/a$$hole comments.

Hey, he's pissed cause Yankee fans keep mentioning the curse and then goes and makes a a$$hole-ish comment like that.  Which is a very typical Boston Red Sox fan comeback/comment.  There's a reason why they have choked for 86 years, and the demeanor of their fans is a nice part of that.

I mean until the Red Sox start winning something like the ALCS or the World Series, cool it down with those confident/a$$hole comments.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's kinda funny. NJay gets all pissed off when Devils fans DON'T talk confident and cocky, even when the odds are against us.

I'm taking Yankees in 6.

Not just because they impressed me with their comeback today, but because the Red Sox are like Charley Brown's baseball team.... every year they lose.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or as a Met fan I know put it a while back, the Red Sox are the Wile E. Coyote to the Yankees' Roadrunner. If it weren't for the uniforms involved I'd pick Boston, but you can't ignore the history, which is as one-sided as it can be including last year. I will say except for 1978 (and we all know what happened there), this is Boston's best chance to end the curse.

NJay no reason to get all stuffy, I thought it was just kind of a flip remark by sheeps. If he was serious, than hell give me some of what he's got, the Jet/Met fan in me could always use that kind of blind (some would say naive) optomism :) After all, it's pretty damn difficult to be optomistic as a BOSTON RED SOX fan :lol:

Guest Devsrule

Advantages:

Starting pitching: Red Sox

Hitting: Yankees

Bull pen: tie

Closer: Yankees

Still starting pitching is the most important than any of those.

Ah, blustery confidence from NJay.  Do you really think Red Sox fans' attitude has anything to do with the team? 

I hate the Red Sox as much as anyone, but this is their best chance so far to win the ALCS.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Of course it does. Teams feed off their fans. Especially in times like this. And you know that, we talk about it all the time when it comes to our beloved Devils.

Like someone just said in a post or 2 below yours, starting pitching is extremely important this time of year, so I agree this could be the Sox best chance to finallly beat the Yankees in the ALCS, but that isn't a guarantee. Yanks still have an edge over them. They have home field, they have their big name players red hot right now (especially A-Rod, you have any idea how pumped hes going to be for this series? He was spectacular against the Twins, now he's going to face a team that welcome him with open arms one day and now they think he's the devil a day later. That will get you pumped.), and history on their side.

I believe the momentum is canceled off between the 2 teams since both had dramatic type endings to their ALDS. Sox gave up a grand slam in the top of the 9th then they get a walk-off HR to win it in extra innings. Then the Yanks come back from a 5-1 deficit in the Top of the 8th with Sierra smacking a 3-run shot, and then A-Rod wisely stealing 3rd base and then finally scoring to put the Yanks into this series. Both very exciting.

But enough of this blah, blah, blah stuff pouring out of our mouths. You know it won't take us anywhere but back to square one. Let's just watch another exciting ALCS. GO YANKS!

Hey, he's pissed cause Yankee fans keep mentioning the curse and then goes and makes a a$$hole-ish comment like that.  Which is a very typical Boston Red Sox fan comeback/comment.  There's a reason why they have choked for 86 years, and the demeanor of their fans is a nice part of that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's kinda funny. NJay gets all pissed off when Devils fans DON'T talk confident and cocky, even when the odds are against us.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never did I say for Devils fans to get cocky. Good try though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You claim about Yankee fans being cocky about the Curse, but then go and say a typical loser comment.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh come on NJay, you should have known that was a joke, pure and simple.

My point was not that the Red Sox will definitely win but that it's kind of funny that Petey won't pick Boston to win until they win... I can see his logic behind it, but at the same time, it's kind of a funny statement.

I was debating putting a :P at the end of the statement but figured everybody would see it was a joke. Can I never joke about baseball because of your sensitivity to it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh come on NJay, you should have known that was a joke, pure and simple.

My point was not that the Red Sox will definitely win but that it's kind of funny that Petey won't pick Boston to win until they win... I can see his logic behind it, but at the same time, it's kind of a funny statement.

I was debating putting a :P at the end of the statement but figured everybody would see it was a joke. Can I never joke about baseball because of your sensitivity to it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's tough to detect sarcasm on the computer. I seem to always fail to pick it up. Next time just put that smilie and everything is peachy.

So, if I do a search of game threads, I shall not find a single post by NJay saying that we're going to win?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You'll find that, but you won't find me saying "Come on guys, get cocky" like you claim I did acouple posts ago.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shades of grey. How do you distinguish "we're gonna win" as "showing confidence" and what sheeps said as "cocky"?

You can say things such as:

"Red Sox are a very sorry excuse for a baseball team."

and

"Red Sox in September = Win about 1 game a week. Every year. :lol:"

and

"...the Sox will still be looking up at the Yanks in the standings by a wide margin...again"

But those aren't being a cocky fan, eh?

I bet 2/3 of those comments of mine were caused by a Red Sox fan saying a cocky thing that ticked me off. Plus as a Yankee fan, I can be alittle cocky, because my team always beats the Red Sox in the postseason. The team I root for has more championships than any other team in all of sports. Being a fan of a team that dominates until they play in big games doesn't really qualify you to be cocky. Qualifies as being a fan of a 86 year old choking team, but doesn't qualify you to be cocky.

But what's really pathetic is you actually wasted minutes after minutes of your life looking back at past threads. Don't have anything exciting in your life, or is looking into the archives of a online forum exciting for you?

Go do something with your life. Pretty pathetic, eh?