Lost

Nieuwy25

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack told people to talk to his Dad twice I think in the episode. I took it as either confused ramblings to show us how screwed up he was or that somehow the place they came back to after leaving the island was not the same place they had left.

ya I remember him doing it when he tried to get the prescription but i thought it was because he didnt think she would really call..as soon as she picked up the phone he walked out. And same with saying it wa his dads signature on the prescription.. I just thought it was him desperate for meds and lying. I didnt take that part as him saying his dad was alive in rpesent.. i thought it was just a junkie doing what he had to do.

YEah -- when he asked about the perscription I thought he just used his dad's old perscription pad. but when he said go get my dad and see if he's not drunker than I am that was when I thought actually that it was the future and he came back to a different reality :noclue: and when Kate was all dolled up in the end and saying she had to get back to "him" that last time she looked like that it was for her cop fianance (I figured she wouldn't look that done up for the likes of Sawyer).

My latest thought is that, like the old lady told Des, no matter how you escape it, if you're meant to die, the universe will fix things so you do -- so i was thinking maybe the lost folks who were rescued are starting to die one by one as they should have in that time line. That's how Jack rescuing them is responsible for their death.

Maybe they're all there on the island because they were somehow inadvertantly responsible for the death of someone who was not supposed to die...

That new surgeon guy, I'm pretty sure, had the position that Jack's father had.

I'll have to find the article, but time and time again the writers have said that he's really dead.

Yeah I know on the lost podcast the Carlton Cuse (one of the writers) said he was definitely dead...I don't think it was bad writing but tried to do two things....help make people think they were looking at a flash back...and two offer the subtle hint that Jack was losing it....but in doing so and people realized that it was a flash forward they took it as a hint or clue that it probably wasn't intended to be....that's just my take on it...