Trivial Pursuit VI

Don

Men:

*(1) What is the longest side of a right-angle triangle called?

***(2) What Tolstoy novel teems with more than 500 characters took him six years to write?

*(3) What country contains the southernmost mainland point in South America?

**(4) What U.S. state is home to Valley Forge?

*(5) How many sides on a heptagon?

***(6) What is the only U.S. state that hast the right to subdivide, into as many as five states?

***(7) What is a saluki?

**(8) What is the rent for Park Place with two houses in standard Monopoly?

**(9) Who is the main character in "Catcher in the Rye"?

**(10) Who was the head coach of Team Canada in the 1984 Canada Cup?

Women:

**(1) What famous da Vinci masterpiece graces the wall of the refectory of Santa Maria delle Grazie in Milan?

***(2) What state has the telephone area code 602?

*(3) Name the three Canadian provinces that do NOT border the United States.

*(4) What company makes Scotch Tape?

*(5) What TV show featured "Pigs in Space"?

**(6) What is the world's largest tourist attraction? (I think that means most common destination)

***(7) What fictional character debuted in the 1933 "The Case of the Velvet Claws"?

***(8) What famous South Dakota aboriginal village is found near "Sprained Ankle"?

**(9) What is D divided by X?

**(10) Who is the Greek goddess of love?

Edited by Don

4. trick question i think... Scotch makes Scotch tape... Its just tape... we just call it scotch tape cause that was teh big brand who did it... im so rambling cause i think thats right but im sorta justifying it in case its not :)

5. the muppet show

9. 50 ..... 500/10

M6 - Texas, although the reason why escapes me, was it something to do with in case Texas wanted to back out of the Union?

M7 - Its a dog, similar to a greyhound, egyptian.

M9 - Holden Caulfield

M10 - I think it was the beloved Glen Sather?

I guessed on 2 cause we have guesses to burn, but I"m pretty sure they're right.

-Scott

Rowdy's 3 are correct.

W4 is not a trick question, Muppet Show is correct, and I need the roman numeral for #9 (but you are on the right track).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh ... 50 is L??? gosh if i get something else wrong i will be killed by the women.. can we have another guess for scotch tape...

scotch is brand name.. so thats what i thought u meant. Like long long time ago.. they werent all called scotch tape.. but scotch was the big brand and so other became called that.. so thats i guess what i thought u meant :) Its like 3M scotch tape.. but you can buy other brands of scotch tape that arent by them cause scotch tape has been sorta picked up as the name for that kind of transparent tape.. i say that cause i ahve a white box in my room that has a black line and says scotch tape.. but its not Scotch tape. :)

What is my thing with trick questions anyhow.. last time i was sooooo unsure i almsot didnt answer. teh Apollo one and it was a trick.. this time i dont hesitate cause i assume that its a trick.. and i F'ck it up!!

:( im gonna go to timeout corner now

Okay, 731 got all 4 of his, Hasan got War & Peace, df26 has Chile.

Langsgirl: That's a good idea!! If the other team blows their guesses, the other team gets to try it. Unfortunately, I can't do it this time because you already posted the answer to the scotch tape question. :)

See: http://www.3m.com/about3m/student/scotchbrand4/

And the guys blown question is the rent for Park Place which is $500.

Langsgirl has "L". IamCanadian has Aphorodite.

So the guys have their maximum 9. And the women have 3.

You would have been happy if I picked up the version I saw Thursday. It was in the bargain bin at Zellers. The Genus 5 version - all in french. I thought about picking it up since it was so cheap, but I didn't think I'd get many players (at home or here). :)

Yes, and there is a Canadian version of Monopoly as well... and questions about that version in my set of questions, but I'm filtering out almost all of the Canadian questions.

What combat sport did Trudeau play, what was Lester Pearsons middle name, what two provincail capitals fall between 62 and 64 degrees longitude, what is the only road in Ottawa that is a property in the Canadian version of Monopoly...