SEASON WILL START JAN. 28TH?

overtime98

One of my buddies has put this into his forum... Appearently, he has heard from CAA security last night at the K rock Claus fest show, that there will be a season and it will start Jan. 28th....

This could be just a rumor or it could be true....

My reaction was we will see.

ATTENTION! There will be a NHL Season coming in January!

I(HELLS) have some good news to report as I and one of my buddies spoke to several security and workers that work at the CAA(I was at a concert @ CAA last night) and they told us that the NHLPA has given in and we will hear the news on December 9th meeting.

Had to change the title ever so slightly cause anyone that looked at the headline might think a miracle occured :lol:

I'm not sure how much the players have given in given that there's no cap in the proposal and the owners have been hell-bent on one. But who knows, the Brylin resigning rumor turned out to be true :)

Edited by Hasan4978

Well, of course, the security guards are the first informed. Not TSN or ESPN, but the security guards....:wacko:

EDIT: With that being said, I have an optimistic feeling there is going to be a season now as a result of this invitation meeting. I just don't believe CAA employees would get a notice this soon, way before the general public would find out. It's not like they need to know that bad..

Edited by NJayDevil

You guys make it sound like the janitors and security guards were the first ones told. Not saying it's true, but IF it is, some notice has to be given to someone so that venue dates aren't given to some other event, and eventually things leak out to lower levels. Maybe someone was told to prepare the ice equipment or something. Who knows.

If *ANYONE* received a notice to prepare for a season starting on the 28th that would SO be front page news on TSN. There are a LOT of people being paid to keep their ear to the ground.

I would have VERY, VERY, VERY serious doubts that this news would trickle down to the security guards before it trickled onto TSN.

But, instead, on TSN we have word that the NHLPA's latest offering is yet another luxury tax, just one with more teeth to it.

If this turns out to be true, I would have to say that all of TSN are completely inept that this kind of tangable news would come out on a message board and hours later there is still nothing on their website.

If *ANYONE* received a notice to prepare for a season starting on the 28th that would SO be front page news on TSN. There are a LOT of people being paid to keep their ear to the ground.

Exactly. If a security guard in Toronto was given a notice saying there will be hockey, wouldn't you think he would run to the media with it? If these notices were true, some big sports channel would have it by now.