Marty's Class

devspage

I think we have a pretty straight-up goalie. He says what's on his mind, good or bad. Today he took the blame:

"You have to give our team credit,'' Brodeur said. "When your goalie doesn't make the saves he should make and you still come up with a tie, you really have to be pleased with the effort they made.''

W :o W. Some ego this guy's got :lol:

Reminds me of when during the 2001 Finals Marty coughed up the hairball against Foote and the Devs went down the crapper. I was probably as ticked off at him as I've ever been and ever will be. Then when I saw him crying into his mask after the game I was sorry that I was ever angry at the man. This man cares, does his best, and is honest with himself and with us.

Definitely a classy move. After acouple stoppages of play after the Nedved flutter from the blueline goal went in, you could see Marty constantly checking his glove and at one point he was re-acting his stance and how he reacted to the shot, haha quite funny.

And what Marty said is exactly what I said after the game. Well done Devils.

For all the times he has bailed us out this year (Buffalo, Ottawa, and Philadelphia come to mind) I can accept a bad game, even against The Rangers.  I think it's great that the team was able to pick him up.

Hey, he bailed HIS team's ass out in the Buffalo game so the least they can do is make up for his mistakes in the Ranger$ game :lol:

To be honest, one beef I've had with the Devs in the past is that it seemed the goalie was bailing out his team alot more than the team was bailing out the goalie. It's nice to see there has been a reciprocal relationship this week, where the team will try to score enough to make up for a "bad Marty night" as well as Marty helping the team when they suck.

Just watched the game and he had a piece of it with the glove, but that was it.

It's a hard goal to watch.

So Derek, how do you feel when you watch Rangers-Devils? Do you have any feeling of happiness when the Devils score or is it all just oh sh**?

I really was wondering that last night.

:lol: Listen to us all! Marty knows how to stay in the good graces doesn't he though! What is the truism I use... Rats! I can't come up with it -- but something along the lines of Acknowledging one flaw covers a myriad others!

:evil: What a lethal combo of talent, ambition AND manipulativity that Brodeur's got...can he teach some of that to Stevens?

Is manipulativity a word?

PK, TSN's broadcast had five questions with Stevens.

He was looking particularly scrumptious (if I may say)...

Let's see which do I remember:

Funniest player: Gomez

Hottest female: "I guess Anna Kournikova"

Best party town: "I have no idea."

Best dressed: Marty Brodeur. "He's got a suit for every game"

I forget the first one. Sorry, I do have the gene for Alzheimer's.

:lol: Listen to us all! Marty knows how to stay in the good graces doesn't he though! What is the truism I use... Rats! I can't come up with it -- but something along the lines of Acknowledging one flaw covers a myriad others!

:evil: What a lethal combo of talent, ambition AND manipulativity that Brodeur's got...can he teach some of that to Stevens?

Is manipulativity a word?

No. Ability to manipulate fits best with your wording. You might want to ask Dererk since he writes for a living...

LOL... Devspage, a resounding NO to any Devils goal scored against my team :lol: .

You should have seen me after Mess tied it. I was emphatic about the team playing D and hitting every Devil to make sure they got it to OT.

I am sure my Devils' pal I was there with thought it was funny.

LOL... Devspage, a resounding NO to any Devils goal scored against my team :lol: .

You should have seen me after Mess tied it. I was emphatic about the team playing D and hitting every Devil to make sure they got it to OT.

I am sure my Devils' pal I was there with thought it was funny.

A nice selection of a word if I may say so myself PK :D .

Devspage, I knew what it would be like when I attended the game last night. At least there were some knowledgable NJ fans in my section I was able to talk to about the game.

No. Ability to manipulate fits best with your wording. You might want to ask Dererk since he writes for a living...

or I might have been being facetious :P

And the writers of today are a far cry from top-notch grammarians! Don't get me started! :rolleyes: