Sad news.....

CRASHER

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone. I'm Beth and I'm Claudia's sister. After reading all this I thought it appropriate to reply and give my thanks for all your compassion. It's great to know that Claudia was involved with such great people, she often would mention something someone would say on "the boards". One thing's for sure, the Devils and hockey were two of her greatest passions and would always make our family go to games often, we had even buried her with her Scott Stevens jersey folded at her side. She had even told me she planned to make my son, Jack, a goalie, saying hockey needed more good American goalies besides "damn Richter". She was a great person, almost like a role model even to me, despite me being 8 years older than her. She had had a rough life and really was waking up and getting things together. She had gotten on the honor roll for the first time since 5th grade, was applying for colleges, shooting for a scholarship in the field of psychology in drug and alcohol abuse counseling. She had grown up so much the past year and a half despite everything that was going on around her, the way she worked so hard everyday going to school, helping out our parents, taking care of my son, making dinner, cleaning, and the motivation she had- everything, you would have thought she was so much older than she really was...

But I'm absolutely sure she'll be rooting for the Devils in the stands once the season gets started, Lord knows she did so loudly in life (we had gotten quite a few noise complaints over the years).

Again thank you all

Thank you for sharing with us, Beth. I sincerely hope you stick around for a while. I'm praying for Claudia along with you and your family. She was a very upbeat poster, I wish I could have gotten to know her better but it's definitely comforting to know she'll always be rooting for Scotty Stevens and the Devils. :)

:pray:

Beth:

I truly am sorry for your loss.

Is there anything that I (perhaps we) could do to help out? Did you ask for any donations to be made in Claudia's name? It may be a small gesture, but I somehow feel the need to do something more than writing a few words on a message board.

I usually try to stay away from threads like this. I am a very emotional person and situations like this will eat right through me. In the current situation I feel I should show my respect. Death is allways an unpleasent thing, but when it happens to a child at the mere age of 17 it is devastating. My condolences are out to Claudia's family friends or any person she has ever touched in the world. I am truly and deeply saddened and hope the family will get through this rough time. I guess Billy Joel's lyrics are right.....only the good die young.

R.I.P Claudia

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

This is simply horrible news... I consider everyone here friends, and to loose one in such a horrble accident is not fair at such a young age.

My prayers and condolences to those who personally knew her, family and friends alike.

Rest in peace, Claudia. You will be missed by everyone. :(

I usually try to stay away from threads like this. I am a very emotional person and situations like this will eat right through me. In the current situation I feel I should show my respect. Death is allways an unpleasent thing, but when it happens to a child at the mere age of 17 it is devastating. My condolences are out to Claudia's family friends or any person she has ever touched in the world. I am truly and deeply saddened and hope the family will get through this rough time. I guess Billy Joel's lyrics are right.....only the good die young.

R.I.P Claudia

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Seeing Jason post this made me again realize how trivial we can truly be sometimes. It's so unfortunate that something like this brings us together. Some of us bicker about the stupidest of things, and it's just so silly. I know a few of us have our (monumental) differences, but at the end of the day we all share a common bond -- our love for hockey, and our love for this board. Thanks for chiming in, Jason.

:pray:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.