Nieda

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As Dick Enberg would say...

OH MY!

This team continues to find somehow, some way to get ties and wins they shouldn't get. And the offense bailed out the D for not the first time this season amazingly enough (though in fairness to the D I was surprised to see a 30-13 advantage in shots after regulation).

5 points out of 6 on this Western trip, could have easily been 6 of 6. Impressive.

hehe it was actually quite funny

story time!!!!

my friend DJ is a blues fan, he came online with 23 seconds elft in OT, i said, hey our teams r in OT, hes like wicked, how much time left, i told him 23 seconds, not even 10 seconds later devils score, we win, i make fun of DJ for 10 minutes!

WOOOOOOOOOO!

gotta love it

leave me aloooooone drew!

Yes, our offensive is really starting to kick into high gear.

I wholeheartedly agree that they were creating a great number of scoring chances tonight and got the short end on a few goals (both missed ones for and completed ones against) -- but to say that our offense is really starting to kick into high gear seems a little premature to me. Yes, they put up 5 goals in this contest, but they only managed 2 against Nashville.

I'm waiting to see what they do against a LeClair-less Philadelphia. I think that will show a lot about this team.

Though I DO hope they put on an offensive show against the Flyers. Maybe Nieuwendyk will finally convert on a goal (he's come so close....)

yeah 2 goals against the Preds. but 2 against the defending champs, 4 against the sabres and rags, 6 in 2 games vs the habs, 5 against the lightning in 1 game. they have scored 1 less goal then the "mighty" Flyers with 2 games in hand and only 10 less than the offensive powered Rag$ with 5 games in hand. I think our goal scoring is in high gear then it has all last year and this year.

That goal by Friesen was fantastic -- great deke by him, and a smart decision to hold it and wait for the goal to open up rather than immediately poke at it.

Created by a great starting rush by Rafalski, but then Nieuwendyk played a big part in the OT winner. Put it low, on net, created a huge rebound. Smart.

That Niedermayer goal was amazing. As soon as he started rushing up ice I felt that something was going to come from it... and what do you know -- he goes right through THREE defenders and beats the goalie five-hole. Yowza! He was playing inspired hockey tonight -- he was even throwing big checks. I forgot he was capable of doing that.

yeah 2 goals against the Preds.

Not good.

but 2 against the defending champs

Good, true, but could have been better

4 against the sabres (I should hope so) and rags (again, I should hope so -- home ice, against Blackburn)
6 in 2 games vs the habs

Heh, that's distorting stats a bit -- 5 goals in one game, then only one in the next....

5 against the lightning in 1 game

...and in the second game?

they have scored 1 less goal then the "mighty" Flyers with 2 games in hand and only 10 less than the offensive powered Rag$ with 5 games in hand.

That's really not saying much these days. The Flyers have serious offensive problems yet again, and the Rangers are still trying to figure out the concept of "solid hockey."

I think our goal scoring is in high gear then it has all last year and this year.

I'm definitely pleased with how our offense looks right now, and that contributions are starting to come from everywhere (which was one of my hopes for the team in general). I'm just hoping they don't slump in the next game. If they can keep this up, the Atlantic Division is not a problem, and the East won't pose much more of a challenge.

Really good game tonight, all in all. St. Louis is one of the best teams in the West. This has turned out to be a very good road trip. We should be glad the Devils managed to beat Nashville last night. They manhandled the Stars tonight. Don't know what it is about that team, but they give the Stars fits, and apparently have given the Devils fits too. So 2 really good wins and a point in Detroit. Way to go!

I thought Nieuwy's line looked particularly good tonight. They were +2. Man, Nieuwy is just sooooo close to scoring - I just don't understand why his chances aren't going in. But at least he's getting assists on his wingers' goals. Hopefully, Langenbrunner will be back up to speed and back in scoring gear Monday night. Marty was fantastic in OT!

Go Devs!

That's really not saying much these days. The Flyers have serious offensive problems yet again, and the Rangers are still trying to figure out the concept of "solid hockey."

The Rangers are an all offense team, Lindros, Bure, Leetch, Nedved, Poti, Dvorak, Messier, this team is built to outslug it's opponents. And while the Flyers have offensive problems, they are a first place team who's offense is supposed to be much better than the Devils.

Heh, that's distorting stats a bit -- 5 goals in one game, then only one in the next....

That is a distortion as well, the Devils beat Montreal so badly in the first game that the GM actually roasted the team himself, pile that on top of the fact that it was Larry Robinson night, and they resoponded with one of their finest efforts of the year, and it still took a superb effort from last year's Vezina trophy winner to win the game. I think the offense is doing what we thought it would do all year, get contributions from everyone. Being solid, not spectacular; keeping us in good playoff position so that either someone can emerge as a goal scorer or we can trade from a position of strength down the road.

pretty strange game. it's kind of funny to see people on here say the devils are playing like crap one second and, after they score, they all of a sudden are playing great. the fact of the matter is, from period 2 onward, the devils dominated the game. only off of freak defensive breakdowns were the blues leading or tied for most of the game.

I caught about three minutes of the game. But in those three minutes, I saw: Niedermayer's end to end rush, Demitra's goal.. then I happened to catch the last 30 seconds of the game, and Friesen's great goal.

Everyone's talking about Nieuwendyk, but doesn't he have 5 assists in his last 6 games? There's something positive.

Gomez, Stevenson, and Gionta will probably combine for 35-40 goals this year. The Devils can't rely on these types of guys to win them games.. even if it is against the wildly overrated Blues.

Perhaps this might sound strange, but I'm a bit worried about our defense of late. Sure, we're starting to score more, but it's because our defense is pressing too much. There needs to be a certain balence. Brodeur's save percentage is dropping, and is GAA of course is rising. I miss the 2-1 games...

These "freakish" goals were allowed because we leave open shooting lanes...

I never once thought NJ was doing "bad" or "struggling", but I know they haven't been "phenominal"... Perhaps on Monday they will return to a 1-0 NJ favour victory over the Flyers... I'll be in town for the game ;)

00-----

Flyers fans love the Red & Black filling there seats... just wish it was more than 10 people ;)

(Kinda hard to ask when they dominate our arena too)

Flyers fans love the Red & Black filling there seats... just wish it was more than 10 people ;)

(Kinda hard to ask when they dominate our arena too)

I will be there. 4 Rows from the ice behind the Flyers bench. Wearing my Sykie jersey and all!

Will have tons of pics probably.

GO DEVILS!

They will be too drunk to know whats going on anyway.

And when drunkards get confused, they wonder if they're being insulted, and then they decide they really are being made fun of, and then they find someone to take it out on -- someone wearing the opposing team's jersey, perhaps.

I know you'll most likely be fine, 'cause not all Flyers fans are looking to start fights. Even so, watch yourself.

Really bad idea NJay.. I convinced my brother not to wear his Devils jersey before Game 1, ECF, 2000..

If you remember that game, Niedermayer scored in the first minute.. my brother got out of his seat and screamed, and 3 sections were looking at him..

We left early because we saw what was going on around the arena.