Best And Worst Devils Trades?

devilsrule33

Here are a lost of Devils trades in the past years. Which ones do you think are the best and which ones do you think are the worst?

Devils get Malahkov for Souray

Devils get Mogliny for Morrison and Pederson

Devils get Quint for Odelien

Devils get Gilmour for Steve Sullivan,Jason Smith and the rights to Ottawa 67's superstay Alyn McAuley

Devils get Langenbruenner and Joe Nieuwendyk for Jason Arnott, Randy Mckay and a first round pick

Devils get Claude Lemieux for Brian Rolston

Devils get Arnott for Geurin and Zelepukin

Devils get Friesen and Tivo for Sykora, Damphousse, and Commodore

Devils get Zyuzin for Goc, Boumedienne and But

Devils get Vanbriesbrouk for Chris Terreri

Devils get O'donnell for Mitchell

Devils get Terreri nack after Minnisota picks him up in the expansion draft for Brad Bombadir

Devils trade Vladimir Sharijanov for seventh round pick

Devils get Odelien for Stephane Richer

Devils get Stephane Richer for seventh round pick.

Any others I am missing?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Devils get Gilmour for Steve Sullivan,Jason Smith and Alyn McCauley...

Devils get Zyuzin for Goc, Boumedienne and But

I didn't like these two particulary...

Gilmour was good, but looking back , anybody would do this trade to get those three...

I didn't like Zyuzin from day one, and we lost him for nothing .... Id rather just play my chances on one of the three surprising me... rather than see Zyuzin waste his shakey talents.

Best deal the Devils made is not on your list.. it was dropping Kevin Dean and Sergei Vyskedevich on the Thrashers so they would not take Sergei Brylin. Dean and Vysked are out of the NHL, and losing Dean was addition by subtraction. Keeping a player who can fill in on any line at any position, play the power play and penalty kill, and put up 45 points was a huge boon.

Worst deal would have to be Richer for Odelein. I know no team really wanted the brooding malcontent Richer, but Lou could have done better than Slodelein.

And to comment on other people's comments.. Boumedienne and Goc are gone, we knew they stunk; But is leading the Russian League in scoring, odds are he will not come over at this point.. rumor is that the Russian League is highly corrupt and that players are receiving huge salaries from the Mafia, so who knows how much that means. Getting Zyuzin was the right move, and it looked like it was going to pay off until a West Coast swing when Zyuzin started looking awful.

Sullivan is overrated, and while he is a nice addition, I suspect he will never end up being a cog on a playoff team.. he scores too much to slide back into a Brylin type role on a 3rd line, but he's too small for the playoffs. McCauley wasn't going to sign with the Devs, and the Devils aren't the only team to toss away Jason Smith, although he is the one player I would like back from that deal. Lou made a mistake in assuming that the addition of Gilmour would make guys like Guerin, Thomas, Holik and Rolston step up in the playoffs and none of them could.

I think the deal that brought Darren Quint here for about 1 day until Lou kicked his a$$ to the curb $ucked. I don't remeber the trade. It very well may have been a good trade but the Darren Quint expulsion had always been a mystery to me.

Quint was traded from Phoenix for Lyle Odelein around March 8, 2000..

Quint was suspended by Lou after two games, and then dealt to Columbus for Turner Stevenson on expansion-draft day.

Columbus did not give him a qualifying offer this summer, and then they signed Lachance and Richardson... the Coyotes picked him up again.

Sullivan isn't a great player, and McCauley was never going to be signed by the Devils, he had concussion troubles before he even made it to the NHL and aside from his playoff run last year, he has looked like an average player.

To this day i really still dislike the O'Donnell for Mitchell trade. Sean absolutely sucked while here, and if we still had Mitchell there would be no albelin and Dano would possibly be the 7th. Zyuzin probably wouldnt have been traded for. Alot would have been different.

Best deal the Devils made is not on your list.. it was dropping Kevin Dean and Sergei Vyskedevich on the Thrashers so they would not take Sergei Brylin. Dean and Vysked are out of the NHL, and losing Dean was addition by subtraction. Keeping a player who can fill in on any line at any position, play the power play and penalty kill, and put up 45 points was a huge boon.

Thank you Tri...I was gonna post this one if it wasn't in the thread by time I got to the end...Timex Rules!!!