BREAKING: MEETING CONCLUDED, NO PROGRESS MADE

Devils30

I was just watching the news on channel 4 and they showed Damphousse being interviewed- he said "We didn't think it was a fair deal". HELLO!!!!!!! a$$hole ALERT!!!!!!!!! HAVEN'T YOU FIGURED IT OUT?????????!!!!! YOU'RE NOT GETTING A BETTER DEAL THAN $42.5!!!!!! WHAT ABOUT THIS DON'T YOU JERK-OFFS UNDERSTAND???!!!! WHAT???!!! MOTHERfvckER. :argh::argh::argh:

Sorry for the outburst, but it had to be said.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

(A) The only STUNT pulled today was a continued negotiation. Nobody, besided a screwed up media, promised that this was a sure deal.

(B) That's fine by me. Ticket prices may be so low I can afford season tickets. Next game they are on the ice, I'll be there. And I think the same will be true across the country. If Americans want to kiss the game goodbye, I've been reading some of the Canadian team message boards and most people haven't written off the game like I've seen all over this board, so all the more for us. Maybe we can make it a real "NATIONAL Hockey League".

[C]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"The bottom line is, our understanding was that this meeting was for them to come forward with a new proposal but it never got to that point," NHL executive vice-president Bill Daly told The Canadian Press in an interview.

"We took a far different approach to this meeting than apparently they did," Daly said. "The media advisory they put out last night, all the leaks in the press about a deal being done at $45 million (salary cap), I don't know where those came from but I can tell you they didn't come from our side.

"So there was certainly a suggestion that they were prepared to make us a $45-million offer today, but that didn't happen."

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Looks like the NHLPA CALLED THE MEETING - Daly is saying that he was under the impression that the meeting was for *THEM* to present a $45M cap.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They're all retarded. End of story. It doesn't matter to me who called the meeting. This deal should be DONE. And don't be mistaken- I'm not excusing the media in all of this. The guy at THN should be looking through the classifieds tomorrow as far as I'm concerned, and If I was his editor he would be- same with Hradek. But with all the media outlets reporting the deal was a foregone conclusion - there had to be SOMETHING to it. But, as it turns out, nothing but a charade. They're all to blame. There are no sides to take right now Don. Just my humble opinion. I love this game like no other, and I ALWAYS will- as I said it's in my blood. I played, I coached. But these guys have really pushed me off the cliff with this one. Disgusting.

heh, and what he doesn't realize is that a better deal isn't going to happen.  $42.5 was as sugar coated as you are going to see.  A cap linked to league-revenue is all you can hope for now.  pray for 60%.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can't wait to see these schmucks have $25 mil and linkage shoved right up their ass. It'll be great to see their reaction. Stupidest bunch of tools on the planet. It's literally like trying to draw blood from a stone with these jerk-offs. They just don't get it.

wait long enough and the real nhl teams will put enough pressure on the florida's and nashville's of the world who along with bettman are nothing but obstructionists. The owners will cave once sponsors, season ticket, luxury box, and merchandising starts to tank. The ESPN announcement was just a sign of things to come.

The rest of the league will only hold out for the Florida's and Nashville's for so long.

25 million cap, where the hell are you going to find players? they'll make more in europe. the NHL will become the ECHL.

all Daly said was that he took a different approach, meaning the ham fisted thug and his cronies called them in and presented the same offer, which is an insult.

why was the meeting for them to accept the 45 million. Think logically, the NHLPA offered 52, the NHL 42.5, the NHLPA 49. Who's turn is it a$$hole? When you call the meeting, and it's your turn, MAKE THE OFFER! I'm sick of bettman trying to save face, the egotistical worm that he is.

Edited by '7'

I understand the principle 7' is pointing out regarding whose turn it was to come in with the next offer. But at some point, enough is enough. It shouldn't have mattered yesterday whose turn it was. One side should have had enough guts to say, "If we go to $45 million, do we have a deal?"

I don't understand the harm in asking. That's why it frustrates me to no end. These sides are acting like babies.

There has to be more than what we see. I can't imagine this is just a matter of neither side wanting to ask about the figure at $45. I think it was brought up by both sides. It had to have been. But none of us are flies on the walls at these things. Gretz did say ground was covered during these talks. We may see more over the summer and hopefully a deal is struck for a new season.

A day later I still think they can both go to hell. The owners have a lot of nerve DEcreasing their 'final' offer, the NHLPA's been ready to crack for a week but all the league does is reunite them in their collective disdain for Bettman. The players have a lot of nerve trying to get linkage ONE way and not the other. They don't give a crap how many teams go bankrupt so long as they get their money.

I hope there are replacements next year since that's the only hope I have of hockey, but these charades over the last week probably weakened the owners' case of impasse. Plus didn't one article say the NLRB doesn't want to get invovled in sports disputes and threw baseball's 'impasse' out of court? If that's the case then I don't see where the owners are automatically going to get THEIR deal unless they break the union. And with the biggest lightning rod in hockey leading their cause I'm not sure they can do that now that they've killed off the season.

I don't think anyone ever posted this, and this seems like as good a place as any other. Hockeyrodent opined about two weeks ago that the only way the NHL was going to get a salary cap was via collective bargaining due to anti-trust legislation. Therefore, even if the NHL was successful in getting the NLRB to declare an impasse, they wouldn't be able to get a cap forced upon the players.

http://hockeyrodent.com/R1162.HTM