Wow

NJayDevil

was NONSTOP hitting. It was really awesome. Everyone was seriously going after everyone.

This is awesome hockey. When you got a terrible defense team (Rags) and a struggling team with scoring (Flyers) that hate each other, its always fun.

Going to be a fun game to watch these 2 kill each other. thats good for us, haha.

Is it just me? Or was that a ridiculous call on the OT penalty shot? Annoying announcers calling for a P.S. all night, and oops, here's a big call in the final 36 seconds of OT. Regardless what you think of the teams, having an official decide a game like that pretty much sucks. That really was a game meant to end in a tie based on the play and all.

Looks like Holik is over his depressing injury thing though, eh?

I root for a Flyer win in regulation...but when it gets to OT I root for a tie. Why? I don't want those two teams combining for THREE points. I could have done without the penalty shot in OT (sad to say it WAS a bad call, the Flyer clearly dove). But it could have been worse; could have been the Rangers winning in OT.

That was a disgusting call!!!!! For all the complaints I see about NJ getting screwed, it's equally as putrid for the Rangers. I'm sick of officials deciding games.

Unibrow, I'm curious as to what those Flyer asskissers said on that penalty shot :puke:

At least Holik and Lindros played well and I heard the Rangers had them on their heels the final 25 minutes.

I am happy with that news.

Derek, the Rangers dominated the final period, but Cechmanek came up big.

The first period and a half though, they looked like a mess at times, and it was all Philly.

OT should have ended on a 2-on-1 by the Rangers, but Cech came up with another huge save.

Gotta admit, I feel bad for Blackburn. He played a great game, and got hung out to dry on that penalty shot call. Wonder what effect this'll have on his confidence.

The thing with the ESPN announcers... earlier in the game there was a very similar penalty on a not so break-away break-away, and of course no penalty shot was called. The guys calling the game were screaming for a penalty shot on that one and said something to the effect that they'd like to see about five penalty shots a game, laughing it up. It was annoying then. When the PS was actually called, they did a really brief replay, where it clearly showed it was NOT a good call, and had nothing to say but, "there's the hook" or some such thing. It was irritating. And of course they switch Center Ice off immediately, but there didn't seem to be any post-game of any kind anyway.

Thanks for the replies. Some people believe the call was typical because the game was on ESPN.

And we all know how much they love drama.

As bad a call as that was with the penalty shot, the officials were even worse tonight. I am not a homer and I don't like blaming the refs but tonight was a joke.