Fantasy Baseball Season Thread

NJDevs4978

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW, I voted against red's trade as well, but oh well!

Smart move Petey. After I read the headline on TSN that Gagne could be done for the season, I went to Yahoo! to see if anyone had Brazoban. Good thing you had both guys. Nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw it on ESPN at aboput 830 last night, went right o the computer to see, when he waw on Pete's team I offered him a trade hoping he would not hear about Gagne first!!!

And what is wrong w/ my trades???? If Jones comes back healthy i get the worse end of the deal... but I at the tine I had 5 players on the DL so i had to do something, dropped 2 traded 1

I remembered Petey had Brazoleban, he's got like four relief pitchers and only one of them's a closer :lol:

red, it's like RD said it's not so much the trade itself (even though I heard it's more like 4-6 weeks in terms of Chipper's injury, and injuries sometimes linger longer than the stated period of time, as they have with two of my pitchers :P) as it was who was making it with you. I mean it was that team's first move of the year so that person doesn't have much of an interest in playing.

Wow, my team needed this week the way a dehydrated man needs water in the desert. If it wasn't for Scott Posednik I would have come within one K of a 10-0 win :blink:

Amazing how things can change in a short time, about a month ago I wanted to hang Westbrook from a sour apple tree, this week I bow to him after his two wins hehe. And the rest of my pitching was awesome too, not to mention my offense. Too bad my team hasn't had more weeks even approaching this good.

And I'll probably have a tough one next week against red's team, though it's too bad he lost last week - I was hoping he'd still be unbeaten (in week-to-week action) when I played him, oh well :P

Edited by Hasan4978

Wow, my team needed this week the way a dehydrated man needs water in the desert.  If it wasn't for Scott Posednik I would have come within one K of a 10-0 win :blink:

Amazing how things can change in a short time, about a month ago I wanted to hang Westbrook from a sour apple tree, this week I bow to him after his two wins hehe.  And the rest of my pitching was awesome too, not to mention my offense.  Too bad my team hasn't had more weeks even approaching this good. 

And I'll probably have a tough one next week against red's team, though it's too bad he lost last week - I was hoping he'd still be unbeaten (in week-to-week action) when I played him, oh well :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Has i had no idea... That i was unbeaten in week to week action before last week!! Thats a great stat though.. thanks!!

My pitching is hot right now... my hitting not so much, Soriano was like half of my stats!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny thing about that week, I was winning the entire week, either 6-3 or 5-3 on sunday morning... and the roof fell in!!

Guess it's back to reality this week :lol: I play Gibbons on Monday and he winds up being a DNP or I would have played Lugo, and he got a steal and a 3-5. I leave Lugo on the bench again against Unit, and he gets another steal tonight. I was going to bench Marquis for a start but saw he had two good starts against Cinci this year so I pitched him and he got hammered. red leaves Myers, one of his best starters this year, on the bench against the punchless Mets no less, and Myers gets racked around.

EDIT: And now a second SB for Lugo...WAAAH :P

Edited by Hasan4978

and so Gagne is going to have TJ surgery and is done for the year. I should just drop all my closers errr relief pithcers and pick up starters to try to get wins and strikeouts.

Quite the disaster for my sorry team.

I was going to sit Kazmir against the Yanks tomorrow but now.....screw it. Go out there kid.

Edited by PeteyNice

After a 20-run game and 8-run comeback? :lol: Kazmir did have an okay outing against the Yankees if I recall last year though, and Pavano's always capable of blowing up in any case.

I did actually see bits and pieces of the game, mostly of the Yankee comeback :P I did like Jeter's 5-6 at least :uni:

The darn comeback almost got overshadowed in the end considering how bad the drubbing got in the eighth inning. It really felt to me that Lou either threw up his hands and gave up after the Bernie hit or he left the kid (Harper) in out of absolute spite. Either way it was kinda sadistic to leave him in for all those homeruns after the game had already been lost.

And what the hell was Lou doing walking Giambi anyway??? Does he know nothing about Yankee history? Other than maybe Jeter, Bernie's the last guy you want up in a big spot. I know this and I'm not even a Yankee fan :P

Lou was up by 1 run and needed a DP. Only Matsui has grounded into more double plays on the Yankees than Bernie this year. Yes Giambi chas been known to strike out but with the way their pitcher was throwing he was more likely to make a mistake that Giambi hits into the upper deck. This isn't 1998. Bernie is hitting just .251 on the season.

It isn't 1998 but it isn't 2000 either (or whenever Giambi won his second MVP). When you got a s-itty pitching staff like Tampa does, you can't worry about walking someone to set up a DP if the better option to break the game open is waiting on deck.

Looks like your Kazmir gamble paid off, at least inasmuch as he pitched well in a tough spot :blink: Part of me wants to laugh and part of me wants to cry.

To stay on topic, I'm pretty much sick of about four or five guys on my fantasy team right now. Can Aubrey Huff start hitting now? Can Schmidt and Mulder stop pitching like they're competing for the #5 spot on the Colorado Rockies' rotation? Can Marquis stop pitching like a stiff? Will I need Rolaids for Keith Foulke the rest of the season? Buehrle and Smoltz are pitching their butts off week after week and the rest of my humptie-dumpties usually ruin it :P

Edited by Hasan4978

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Funny thing about that week, I was winning the entire week, either 6-3 or 5-3 on sunday morning... and the roof fell in!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well we'll see if this week is a role reversal I suppose :lol:

It is encouraging that Schmidt is finally starting to pitch like the pitcher I drafted in the second round though.

Edited by Hasan4978

Anyone out there with any interest in Beltre cause he is absolutely killing me. Thome has been too until very recently. The Unit is all over the radar as well. If my team would perform even a little closer to what i was expecting i might be able to climb past that third place plateau.

Oh well, the seasons been a good one so far, sorry ive been a bit out of the loop, just been busy with graduation and all. Im back though.

Good Luck to all down the stretch!

Anyone out there with any interest in Beltre cause he is absolutely killing me. Thome has been too until very recently. The Unit is all over the radar as well.  If my team would perform even a little closer to what i was expecting i might be able to climb past  that third place plateau.

Oh well, the seasons been a good one so far, sorry ive been a bit out of the loop, just been busy with graduation and all. Im back though.

Good Luck to all down the stretch!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what are you looking for in return for Beltre??

you have 4 starters this week that have given up no earned runs...  thats just not right!!  And they all seem to be pitching against my hitters which makes it even worse!!!

Looks like my run at the top is about to end...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well you still got a BOATLOAD of starts left this week while I only have like three or four, which should fatten your win/K totals and maybe lower your ERA/WHIP, and you're pretty close in the other categories.

As far as beltre goes, i dont know if i have anything in particular in mind. As long as it is a fair return, 2B, 3B would be the best but they are precious commotities. Im willing to listen to any offers.

Damn, where did Smoltz get this frigging bionic arm, two complete games in a row?! :o Not bad for someone that hasn't been a starting pitcher in years :lol:

And on the flip side, where the hell did all this offense from Yadier Molina come from? He was hitting like .240 with no power coming into the week, I was wondering what the world red took him for then boom, he gets 3 HR's and 7 RBI's and like a .500 BA :blink:

Edited by Hasan4978

Damn, where did Smoltz get this frigging bionic arm, two complete games in a row?! :o   Not bad for someone that hasn't been a starting pitcher in years :lol:

And on the flip side, where the hell did all this offense from Yadier Molina come from?  He was hitting like .240 with no power coming into the week, I was wondering what the world red took him for then boom, he gets 3 HR's and 7 RBI's and like a .500 BA :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Picked him up becuase he was hitting about 298 over the last month