Yankees lose. THHHHHHHHHHHEEE Yankees lose!!

MadDog2020

How old are you, six? Sorry but you come off like the typical Mets fan. P.S. I'm not saying every fan is that way but let's be honest. Most Mets fans care more about how the Yankees do than their own team.

You're entitled to your own opinion. I'll respectfully disagree and here's my reasoning:

How many times do you turn on the radio and hear a giddy Mets fan talking about when the Yankees lose a game? You could almost see the smile on their face. It's almost like it's not enough that their team finally might be on the right track. I truly believe the Mets can contend for the NL East.

I think some fans are this way because of the amount of attention the Yankees (substitute your example if you want) receive. No matter what the Mets do, they're always going to be in the shadow of the Bombers as long as Steinbrenner owns them. The only instance when this wasn't the case was in the mid-80's when the Mets won and could have won again in '88. Back then, it was a Mets town. Over the past decade, it has been the other way around. The only way for the Mets to get out of that shadow is to win their division and make a run at the World Series. This would put the focus back where it's supposed to be. They're on the right track.

Now, if you applied this to say a team that plays in Manhattan and one that plays across the river, no matter how great that other team is, they're not going to get the same exposure as that NY team. You've seen it over the years. Location. Location. Location.

And I believe that ticks some fans off. You see it in some of the posts. Some people are already floating "conspiracy theories" on how that rival will wind up getting the first pick in the draft.

Notice I am not saying every fan. But there's definitely some resentment that no matter how good their team is and how piss poor the one in NY is, they will never get the same amount of coverage.

This is my take on it. You can counter the argument if you like.

How old are you, six? Sorry but you come off like the typical Mets fan. P.S. I'm not saying every fan is that way but let's be honest. Most Mets fans care more about how the Yankees do than their own team.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not a Mets fan. I just despise the Yankees. And I'd watch it there- Yankee fans are pretty well-known for being the most immature morons on the planet after Ranger, Flyer and Jet fans. At least in my opinion.

A few idiots chanting "Rangers suck" doesn't mean the majority of Devils fans are more concerned with the Rangers than with the Devils, it only means you're focusing on a vocal minority. Personally I started liking the Mets to distance myself from the Yankees, hating the Yankees was getting boring.

Curt Schilling. Johhny Damon. Manny Ramirez. I could go on.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you a Boston fan? If not, please dont think you have a "right of pa$$age" to bring that up. The Mets arent the Red Sox the last time I checked! :D

If not, I hope you take $ati$faction that your Mets lost to a 87 win Yankees team in 2000, I think only 1 team in MLB history won the WS with fewer wins (The 1987 Twins I believe) Money or no money, that Yankees team was very beatable. Turk Wendell said before the series "Clearly we are the better team", then there was the Benny Agabanyi "Mets in 5" comment...oops :doh1::lol:

Edited by LOTCB

So?  Most of the Yankee fans on this board are civil.  Just as most of the Devils fans are.  So there's no reason to post crap like this.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with the Mets fans too, I think for the most part the mets fans here are level headed as well.

I just cannot resist some smack talk back to a bitter baseball fan like MadDog2020 :D

I'm not a Mets fan. I just despise the Yankees. And I'd watch it there- Yankee fans are pretty well-known for being the most immature morons on the planet after Ranger, Flyer and Jet fans. At least in my opinion.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you aren't a fan of anyone, you are just a hater. I feel sorry for you. You will never feel the real joy that comes from following a baseball team and seeing it succeed. Rooting against a team and seeing it fail is a hollow victory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay. You are not even a Mets fan. Could have fooled me by your post saying you hoped they swept. But this is exactly what I was talking about. How many fans out there just root against a particular team?

Out of curiousity, do you like any baseball team?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay. You are not even a Mets fan. Could have fooled me by your post saying you hoped they swept. But this is exactly what I was talking about. How many fans out there just root against a particular team?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe an E$PN fan, the reason for all the hatred would make $en$e then!

A few idiots chanting "Rangers suck" doesn't mean the majority of Devils fans are more concerned with the Rangers than with the Devils, it only means you're focusing on a vocal minority.  Personally I started liking the Mets to distance myself from the Yankees, hating the Yankees was getting boring.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's debatable. But you've said it yourself multiple times. How much those fans chanting that bothers you. I think you know why.

Secondly, you're a new Mets fan. Would you characterize your new allegiance as strong?

I believe it would be an extremely small minority who would rather see the Yankees lose than their own team win. I think this is a miconception Yankees and Rangers fans want to have so that they can make their team out to be as special to other people as it is to them when that just isn't the case.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you aren't a fan of anyone, you are just a hater. I feel sorry for you. You will never feel the real joy that comes from following a baseball team and seeing it succeed. Rooting against a team and seeing it fail is a hollow victory.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, no it's not. It's quite enjoyable actually. Seeing arrogant Yankee fans upset is is my victory. :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like the Mets because my mom is a big Mets fan, but I'm not a die-hard Met fan who lives and dies with every pitch. The Devils and Dolphins are my teams- those are the teams I live and die with every play. I like to see the Mets succeed and I root for them to do well, but when it comes to baseball, any year the Yankees don't win the World Series is a good year for me. :D

So you call Yankee fans immature moron and then start a thread like this!

:lol:

Get a life pal.  When you call people immature morons, don't have to look any further than yourself.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh-oh. Looks like I touched a nerve. :P