what was the last concert(s) u attended??

annabelle

Forgot this thread existed. Was going to post this in NLD, but...

Saw Meat Loaf in Saratoga tonight. Kicked ass as usual, but then again, I'm biased. He announced a September '06 release for Bat Out Of Hell III (real original title there :P). Apparently he cleaned up at the track yesterday too. :evil:

Sheeps, have you ever watched The Glen Slingerland Situation on UPN4? If you have, then you'll know what I mean (and you'll be the only one, too :lol:) when I say that during his first song, his backup singers' choreography was such that they looked like Situation Girls. (The rest of you are just going to have to wonder what I'm talking about. :P It's hard to explain, but this article makes an attempt.)

And I could've sworn I saw Barry Melrose standing outside the gates on my way in. I didn't want to stop and talk because 1) there was enough of a chance of me being wrong that I didn't want to make an ass of myself and 2) he looked like he was with family and/or friends and I didn't want to bother him. It would make sense if he was there; he lives in the area when he's not doing anything for ESPN.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think you'd get a kick out of it. The first time or two through it you'll probably be sitting there thinking "what the hell am I watching?", but once the WTF factor subsides it's actually an enjoyable show. Good chill-out music with some pretty interesting visuals. It airs Sunday nights at 10, Thursday nights at 11, and Friday nights/Saturday mornings at 12:30. (I'm guessing they run the same show all week.)

Sounds of the Underground Tour, beginning of June

Clutch (ok)

Poison the Well (totally sucked)

Opeth (eh)

From Autumn to Ashes (my farts sound better than their music)

Unearth (good)

Norma Jean (ok)

Every Time I Die (eh didn't really like them)

Chimaira (ok)

Throwdown (awesome)

Strapping Young Lad (eh they were alright but he said our hockey team sucks)

High on Fire (i liked them, nobody else seemed to)

Madball (awesome)

A Life Once Lost (sucked)

DevilDriver (awesome)

The Red Chord (was still getting in while they were playing)

Gwar (amusing show)

Lamb of God (incredible)

Last show I saw was at Starland in October: Bad Religion and Rise Against.

Prior to that, my last show was 2001 at Birch Hill: Fear Factory / Puya / Primer 55 / some other opening act that I just drank through and can't remember.

Last show I saw was Pearl Jam in State College. It was the best show I've ever been to, and they just kept playing encore after encore. It was their last stop for a while, so they didn't have to leave.

I bought the live album from the show a few months later, and it was on repeat in my car for about two months.

Get to a concert to see my brother-in-law play for country singer (well not band) Stoney LaRue. Some country fans can reconized the name. Saw them at good ol' Billy Bobs' Texas on my new hometown of Fort Worth Texas. lol Oh and I plan on seeing a local band here Thursday but I don't think that really counts. lol

Last concert -- 311 at the Starland Ballroom parking lot. Amazing show.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was there That concert rocked, it was the fifth time ive seen them and i can never get enough. I was at sounds of the underground with DF26 i agree with him about all the goos bands, but i like from autumn to ashes, everytime i die, and a life once lost.

Hell, When I was in high school, Cream appeared at JP Stevens High in Edison. that was the way it was then. Things got warmed up soon. I went to see The Band at the Arts Center on the Parkway. Apparently nobody who ran the place had any idea who they were. Thousands came hoping to buy tix at the gate. Of course it was sold out. People just jumped the snow fences they had around the seating area. After that, they started to check for tickets before cars came into the parking lot.

Saw Seals and Croft at the Great Auditorium in Ocean Grove. The only thing not cool about that was the crazies who lit matches because they were bored waiting for the performance to start. It was a little scary. The Great Auditorium is wooden and about 100 years old- ie, a tinderbox.

I've still got my Woodstock tickets. Never got there. The crowds were such a zoo and the roads were ful of cars a week before the thing started. I didn't bother to leave home. the movie was just fine. And I didn't get any of that brown acid that was "not so good".

Well, I have tickets to a Gwen Stefani/Black Eyed Peas show at MSG in November...not exactly excited to go but I'm going with some friends and it was a free ticket so who am I to turn it down?

In October I'm going to a Matchbook Romance/Gatsbys American Dream/Armor For Sleep show at Starland and then another at Starland with Thrice/Underoath/The Bled/Veda. Should be good times.