what was the last concert(s) u attended??

annabelle

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I havent gotten any tickets yet .. but im strongly considering foo/weezer and also the staind concert next week for the Hurricane Katrina aid.... just a bad night of the week for the first week of work.. so we will see.

I am going to the ProgPower festival in Atlanta again Sept 16 & 17. This year's lineup is:

Angra, Stratovarius, Conception, Therion, Orphaned Land, Pink Cream 69, Circus Maximus, Symphorce, Manticora and Stride.

Anyone in the area who likes that kind of music should go see Jon Oliva's Pain, Chris Caffrey's band, and Ripper's Beyond Fear at the Brooklyn Music Terminal on Sept 16. I am pissed I am not going to be able to check that out.

Just got back from Greenday at Giant Stadium. They did a great show. They really got the crowd into it. What really impressed me, with all the changes in tempo of "Jesus of Suburbia" it sounded exactly as the record did. They reproduced the song perfectly. There was a nice fireworks show as the finale. They had the fireworks going up from the 3rd level of seats behind the stage at Giants Stadium.

Edited by Rock

Just got back from Greenday at Giant Stadium.  They did a great show.  They really got the crowd into it.  What really impressed me, with all the changes in tempo of "Jesus of Suburbia" it sounded exactly as the record did.  They reproduced the song perfectly.  There was a nice fireworks show as the finale.  They had the fireworks going up from the 3rd level of seats behind the stage at Giants Stadium.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's cool, I had tickets to that show but gave them to two of my friends since they really like them and I don't. Sounds like they probably had a good time.

Just got back from Greenday at Giant Stadium.  They did a great show.  They really got the crowd into it.  What really impressed me, with all the changes in tempo of "Jesus of Suburbia" it sounded exactly as the record did.  They reproduced the song perfectly.  There was a nice fireworks show as the finale.  They had the fireworks going up from the 3rd level of seats behind the stage at Giants Stadium.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was there as well and had an awesome time! They're pretty entertaining live and definitely do get the crowd going a lot. All of the special effects were nice too. It was a lot of fun! I think anyone who likes Green Day should go see them sometime.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's cool, I had tickets to that show but gave them to two of my friends since they really like them and I don't. Sounds like they probably had a good time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Eh I talked to them and they said it was the exact same show as the one last year they went to. :P Oh well.

Last bunch of shows ive seen:

Anterrabae / My Bitter End

Chimaria / Six Feet Under / All That Remains / 3 Inches of Blood

Unearth / Chimaria / God Forbid / Madball / Six Feet Under / Nora / The Banner

Rise Against / From Autumn To Ashes / Stretch Armstron / Emery / Comeback Kid / Bedlight For Blue Eyes

40 Below Summer / Blindside

Glassjaw / H20 / 30 Seconds to Mars / Alexisonfire / The Used

Upcoming Shows ill most likely be at, all different shows:

The Juliana Theory

Cold / Smile Empty Soul

Emery / He Is Legend

Ill Nino

Trophy Scars

40 Below Summer / Black Market Hero / Ecotone

Boys Night Out

Our Lady Peace

The Spill Canvas / This Day & Age

Bloodsimple

Black Dahlia Murder

Ill Nino

Bleed The Dream

Meshuggah / God Forbid

Mest

Senses Fail

Emery

Mindless Self Indulgence

Trapt

Armor For Sleep

Thrice

A7X

Hawthorne Heights / Aiden

Over the summer I saw U2 in May at the CAA. I saw them again in Madrid, Spain, and may go see them next weekend in Toronto. I also Dave Matthews Band, Barenaked Ladies, Robert Randolph and the Family Band among others at Randalls Island. Also saw Robert Randolph the night before in Sayreville and last weekend here at school. They played with Ozomatli and Dashboard Confessional. I saw Buddy Guy in Sayreville, and also Howie Day at Town Hall in NYC.

I'm forgetting something.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Pearl Jam last night and I must say the show was fvcking awesome. Great intensity from the band who were out for just about 3 friggen hours and played over 30 songs. Two Encores including, finishing the show with "Harvest Moon", followed by "Keep on Rocking in the Free World" and then "Yellow Ledbetter". The highlight of the show for me had to be "Black". Wow. I have heard from numerous people who have been to most of the concerts on the Canadian tour and they said this was the best one.

Bruins4777, I know you might be interested so here is the setlist from the show.

Ed Solo - Last Kiss

Set list: Wash, Go, Hail Hail, Animal, Brain of J., Corduroy, Immortality, In Hiding, Don't Gimme No Lip, Even Flow, Green Disease, Insignificance, I Got sh!t, Jeremy, Black, Better Man, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Bee Girl, I Believe in Miracles, Sleight of Hand, Small Town, Crazy Mary, Alive

2nd encore: Given To Fly, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater-Kinney), Daughter, Harvest Moon w/Sleater Kinney, Leaving Here w/S-K, Rockin' in the Free World w/ S-K, Yellow Ledbetter/(Led Zeppelin's Over the Hills and Far Away riff in guitar solo)

Next up: Sigur R

Edited by devilsrule33

I saw Pearl Jam last night and I must say the show was fvcking awesome. Great intensity from the band who were out for just about 3 friggen hours and played over 30 songs. Two Encores including, finishing the show with "Harvest Moon", followed by "Keep on Rocking in the Free World" and then "Yellow Ledbetter". The highlight of the show for me had to be "Black". Wow. I have ehard from numerous people who have been to most of the concerts on the Canadian tour and they said this was the best one.

Bruins4777, I know you might be interested so here is the setlist from the show.

Ed Solo - Last Kiss

Set list: Wash, Go, Hail Hail, Animal, Brain of J., Corduroy, Immortality, In Hiding, Don't Gimme No Lip, Even Flow, Green Disease, Insignificance, I Got sh!t, Jeremy, Black, Better Man, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Bee Girl, I Believe in Miracles, Sleight of Hand, Small Town, Crazy Mary, Alive

2nd encore: Given To Fly, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater-Kinney), Daughter, Harvest Moon w/Sleater Kinney, Leaving Here w/S-K, Rockin' in the Free World w/ S-K, Yellow Ledbetter/(Led Zeppelin's Over the Hills and Far Away riff in guitar solo)

Next up: Sigur R

Edited by bruins4777

The highlight of the show for me had to be "Black". Wow.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im not a big fan of Pearl Jam however, Black is not only my favorite song by them, but also would make my top 50 favorite songs list (if i thought one up)

• 2 months later...

Well the big U2 concert here in Ottawa is this Friday and I am jacked up. I have been waiting for this for years it seems but tickets did go on sale about 8 months ago.

I know a few people on the board has seen them. How would you rate the show? What songs that they haveplayed, sound the best.

The last few weeks, the setlists have been amazing. I can't wait.

Edited by devilsrule33

wow forgot bout this thread.

2 saturdays ago i saw jeff tweedy of wilco solo and glenn kotche the drummer here in messiah collge. Tweedy did 17 or so songs on his own then brang up glenn to do some encore.

Amazing concert. I'm a wilco fan, but have only really listened to a ghost is born and yankee hotel foxtrot. But jeff did all these non ghost songs, namely sunken treasure and was i in your dreams...absolutely blown away. Being there is one hell of an album.

He made a number of funny and interesting quips about religion. We met him afterwards, cool guy.

The tuesday of htat week i saw springsteen in philly. The first night.

Best concert i've ever been to. It was just bruce solo, but i loved it. He has continued to do these weird "sing through harmonica" accapella versions of songs, i heard "reason to believe" earlier and he played "Born in the usa" like this at mine. Its a different sound, i just don't like the repeating of it.

Other than that, it was amazing highlight after amazing highlight. Early in the set was "ties that bind" acoustic. and i love that song. "so you been hurt and you're all cried out you say, walking down the street pushing people outta your way..." He sung some more, then made some funny comments referencing "what its like to be the boss" and the hillarious "the message in every rock n roll song is, so take your pants off?" speech. Then he played "incident on 57th street" solo on piano that was mindblowing. "Fade away" blew my freaking mind. I heard he was playing that all tour, and i was praying he'd play that one, and he did. Amazing. Highway patrolman came shortly after, and damn, i never get tired of that song.

But undoubtedly through all the enourmous amount of highlights..."Drive all Night" bar none. First time played in 25 years or something. You could see the emotion, and even more powerfully, the voice he was singing with on that song.

the next night in philly i found out he played "thundercrack", "santa ana", "Spare parts", "growing up", and a lot of other songs i would have loved to hear. But o well, an amazing concert experience. Now hopefully the rumors about bruce and the band wanting to do one last world tour and album are true, so i can see them before, as a band, they hang them up.

Well I saw U2 last night and it was easily one of the greatest nights of my life seeing my favourite band of all time. Bono and the gang puts on a fantastic show. The crowd started off slow but got really into it for the most part. All in all the crowd was pretty bad for a U2 concert so I have heard. I'd imagine that.

The setlist was fantastic from start to end. The first encore had Until the End of the World, Mysterious Ways, and With or Without You. It really can't get better than then that.

Hearing Sunday Bloody Sunday, Pride and One live was quite special. '40' closing the show was the clincher.