what was the last concert(s) u attended??

annabelle

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd pay to see 311. I saw them in Englishtown last year, they were fantastic.

I've seen 311 twice, this summer being my third. If I had more money, I would have gone to the Long Island, Holmdel, and Philly shows but I'm going to have to settle for just Holmdel this year.

I went on a Boat cruise around the boston harbor on Friday seeing 3 local bands (the Rudds, The Gentleman and Eli Paperboy Reed and the True Lovers)

The last bigger act I saw was Ted Leo a few months ago.

The last bigger than that act was Belle & Sebastian last year.

I don't like going to see really big bands.

Well saw LTJ, RBF supported by Streetlight Manifesto and Against All Authority.

AAA pretty much sucked....I hope they didn't do a sound check because if they intended to sound like that they suck.

SM were good, RBF were great as ever. LTJ was good but odd. They were doing a "Price is Right" kinda thang with 3 contestants had to guess things and the winner played "Plinko" or spun a wheel to determine from what album the next few songs would be played. Kinda meant they didn't necessarily play the best songs, but it was a lot of fun...and kinda made the set unique for us.

It was freaking hotter than hell though. Everything was dripping, I was sweating just standing still at the back early on....I couldn't get closer beacuse the air was just so think I kept almost fainting. In the end a fan was put on near the back and I just stayed near that and watched everybody else drip. Was definitely a fun time though.

Edited by ThreeStars

Well saw LTJ, RBF supported by Streetlight Manifesto and Against All Authority.

AAA pretty much sucked....I hope they didn't do a sound check because if they intended to sound like that they suck.

SM were good, RBF were great as ever. LTJ was good but odd. They were doing a "Price is Right" kinda thang with 3 contestants had to guess things and the winner played "Plinko" or spun a wheel to determine from what album the next few songs would be played. Kinda meant they didn't necessarily play the best songs, but it was a lot of fun...and kinda made the set unique for us.

It was freaking hotter than hell though. Everything was dripping, I was sweating just standing still at the back early on....I couldn't get closer beacuse the air was just so think I kept almost fainting. In the end a fan was put on near the back and I just stayed near that and watched everybody else drip. Was definitely a fun time though.

I went to high school with the alto sax player from Streetlight. That's amazing how big they've gotten.

Small house: Gaelic Storm at the Ramshead in Annapolis

Large house: Aerosmith & Lenny Kravitz at Verizon Center in DC

Upcoming: Genesis at Verizon Center in September

Best Concert ever attended: floor seats Springsteen 1999 at MCI/Verizon Center

The best seats I ever had were front row center at Tower Theater for the Foo Fighters acoustic tour, absolutely amazing show...

The absolute worst seats were @ MSG in a luxary box. They are great for hockey, but side view stage isnt very fun... and the Killers werent very good. Or MSG just couldnt work the audio right...

The best seats I ever had were front row center at Tower Theater for the Foo Fighters acoustic tour, absolutely amazing show...

The absolute worst seats were @ MSG in a luxary box. They are great for hockey, but side view stage isnt very fun... and the Killers werent very good. Or MSG just couldnt work the audio right...

They only play New Skin acoustically now.

They still play a lot of stuff from SCIENCE, just differently. They get bored easily.

For example, the song Vitamin used to have a 10-minute, 3-way drum battle (between drummer Pasillias, bassist Ben Kenney and Boyd on the bongos) and now it's back to normal.

Redefine is now a chill, 311 style jam song.

A Certain Shade of Green is played often, but usually with a DJ/Drum battle at the start, and DJ Kilmore playing a solo instead of the album middle of the song.

They play a decent amount of the old stuff, but they still can get a little too hung up on Make Yourself and Morning View. Hard to blame them. Have there been a pair of as well-crafted mainstream rock albums by the same band since?

There's a lot of sh!t that'll just flat out surprise you. That's how I plainly explain an Incubus show to casual fans.

They play "Green" Live at Red Rocks.

Dave Matthews Band in Hershey, Goo Goo Dolls and Counting Crows at Camden (boring), The Roots at Temple University, Bloc Party in Upper Darby PA and I'm going to DMB again Aug. 8th in Camden!

Woohoo!

Saw 311 and Matisyahu last night at PNC.

Matisyahu -- AWESOME.

311 -- worst time I've seen them. :saddevil: Every time I've seen them, they've played 22+ songs, this time, easily only about 16. They were GREAT, and they played some crazy different songs, but I was super bummed they didn't play Hydroponic, Freak Out, Who's Got the Herb, fvck the Bullsh!t, etc. Nice to hear Nix Hex and as usual, Chad's drum solo and the drum line was sick. I wish Nick would have given credit to Tim Mahoney during Nix Hex though, he always has a sick 10 minute guitar solo and he usually says something...last night, they just went into a different song.

Love Song was awkward with Matisyahu, I'm not sure if it worked or not. Eh.

Worst of all though, they didn't even do an encore! THEY ALWAYS DO AN ENCORE! Ah well. Still a good time.

dream theater at radio city music hall

april 1, 2006

im pretty sure that was the last concert ive been to

chances are ill see them again in a few weeks of i am in town.

i'd like to see tool but there tickets arent out for more than 5 seconds.

Edited by MrQuotes

I just saw Chris Cornell at the Starland last night. It was effen awesome! We thought it was going to be chill and he was going to play mostly new solo stuff. Well..... He rocked Soundgarden, T of the D, and Audioslave!!!! He did only did like 2 solo songs. It was so great.

BTW, Juliette Lewis and the Licks opened for him. She held her own. She really rocked.