Dvorak Anyone?

Nedved 4 President

Dvorak should be a perennial 30 goal scorer. This guy has been in the league since he was 18, has quick skates, and decent hands. He should be an excellent two way player in the Jere Lehtinen mold.

Unfortunately his heart has always been questionable.. the Sharks essentially dealt him for Todd Harvey.

Brian Gionta will be just as good as Dvorak will ever be. And with twice the desire.

30 goalscorer Tri? Are you sure about that?

Dvo drives the fans nuts. He doesn't get the object of the game. He'd rather skate around like the Ice Capades than shoot the puck. And half the time, he makes blind backpasses to nobody at the point. It happened again last night.

Honestly, if Lundmark does well in his recall (yes, by miracle it happened), I think the Rangers should pack Dvo's bags and ship him out.

The guy has the talent to be a 30 goal scorer Derek, but he doesn't have the head to do it. Even without that, he still had a good season as a 1st line right wing when he scored 30 goals.

Dvorak should be an excellent 2 way winger if he's not going to be a 30 goal scorer.. do what players like Rolston, Lehtinen, and Sundstrom did..they made themselves very effective at both sides of the puck.. but I don't think Dvorak will do that.

rolston, sundstrom, and lehtinen were all defensive minded forwards that bettered their offensive games.

dvorak is an offensive player with no defensive ability (and really limited offensive ability as well).

he's like every other 2nd and 3rd liner we have. if he cost us $1M and cost us a 7th round pick, i suppose i'd give it a shot.

Not true sundstrom. Rolston and Sundstrom were both taken top 15 in the NHL draft. That doesn't happen with defensive players. Rolston and Sundstrom might have been expected to be two way forwards, but Sundstrom's offense still hasn't developed as expected, and Rolston's finally did after 6-7 years and 3 teams.

I would not want him on the Devils. I can't believe that anyone would.. he's the same player that we have in spades.. guys who are all speed and no shot. Friesen is probably better than Dvorak.. has a similar career arc too.