Fourth Period/neverson Again On Avs-devs Deal

devspage

Fourth Period.com on home page again reporting the Devs-Avs rumor, quoting Neverson -- but I don't see that story at the Post site.

Mark (N)Єverson reports in today's New York Post that New Jersey Devils GM Lou Lamoriello may be considering a deal of Patrik Elias, Mike Danton and a second-rounder to the Colorado Avalanche for Alex Tanguay, Martin Skoula and Dan Hinote. It is speculated however that Colorado GM Pierre Lacroix will wait to see how the current roster performs under new coach Tony Granato.

At this point it'd be a pretty even deal. Elias isn't really producing that much and neither is Tanguay. Skoola and Danton are pretty much throw ins. Hinote adds a little something to the Devils but not much.

I can assure you that the Avs would kick everyone avs if this deal went down.

It's like akin to getting Drury back.

I don't see the Devils getting anything out of this (unless the ONLY objective is salary dump), and that's why I think it's either what the Avs WANT out of the deal or just a complete (N)Єverson fabrication. History leans toward the latter.

At this point it'd be a pretty even deal. Elias isn't really producing that much and neither is Tanguay. Skoola and Danton are pretty much throw ins. Hinote adds a little something to the Devils but not much.

Typical ranger fan...looks at stats to figure out if a deal is good... Sorry but no way in hell I;'m making that deal. ELias for tangauy??? NOT!!! ELias for Hujdek ....I think about it...