Ducks shopping 2nd overall pick

MadDog2020

I doubt the Devils would make a run for the number 2 pick. They are used to picking towards the end and always draft well grabbing guys that no one though of (Parise and Zajac). Also I bet the Devils like their position as they have a late first round pick with an early second round one compared to a real early first round pick with a late second round pick.

What if it could be the 23 overall, Pihlman, Khomutov, and Rassmusen?  I honestly have no idea what ANA wants to do with their team, do they want to get young and cheap or what?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Probably Hale, Gomer, or Martin. (something like that) I think Philly got a good one in trading for Pitkanen. It wont come cheap. But if lou/Cante think he's a stud, wouldn't be shocked if they pulled the trigger. There are however, quite a few other interesting D-men out there.

Can Johnson step past albany into the dev line-up? maybe lou thinks so.

He said he is looking for an ESTABLISHED player... he's got enough prospects. So we're talking Gomez. Not Bicek and a pick. :rolleyes: Why don't we throw in a roll of toilet paper and lifetime supply of paperclips?

Edited by Don

He said he is looking for an ESTABLISHED player... he's got enough prospects. So we're talking Gomez. Not Bicek and a pick.  :rolleyes: Why don't we throw in a roll of toilet paper and lifetime supply of paperclips?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don, obviously what Burke meant was our top pick, Bicek, Odelein, and Larionov (once we pull a sign and trade with the latter two).

Plus the puck that Danton sent back to the Devils. That's the topping on the cake.

Anaheim is not moving the pick for anything the Devils can offer.  Maybe Parise and the 23rd overall pick would spring Johnson.  But I don't think the board would be too happy with that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uhhh.... no. Zach's untouchable. I was thinking about a deal involving Sluggo, but we don't have enough depth on the wings to part with Sluggo right now.

I think we have better chance of convincing Anaheim that Phil Cole actually domianted the leauge for the past 3 seasons and no one even knew it...

I doubt Hrdina or Kozlov (if we qualify them or resign for cheaper) have enough weight to trade them to Anaheim... and Freisen certainly can't be traded back to Anaheim.

I think the only thing we can do is send over Madden and our 1st rounder, and thats only if we somehow signed Holik... in other words, its not happening.

If we are trading up in the draft, itll be a Parise move... if Staal, or another promising prospect, is still around come pick 12-15, look for NJ to try to move up giving up our late 3rd rounder or b grade prospect...

Edited by aylbert

Burke is too smart to make some of the really bad deals you guys are offering...

Burke is a genius at stealing other people's guys and turning them into stars...see bertuzzi and naslund.

I'm pretty sure if burke did trade it, it would be for at the least a fairly established star.

Burke is too smart to make some of the really bad deals you guys are offering...

Burke is a genius at stealing other people's guys and turning them into stars...see bertuzzi and naslund.

I'm pretty sure if burke did trade it, it would be for at the least a fairly established star.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you for the first time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey, who says Bicek isn't a future star? :P

bruins, Burke did not trade for Naslund or Bertuzzi. Pat Quinn (or Mike Keenan) did both of those deals. Burke's reputation is seriously overrated.

Suglobov is not worth a 1st round pick, please people. Let's be realistic. A number 2 overall pick is huge - a team would only deal it if they were getting a young star, but possibly one with less upside than the 2nd overall pick would have.

bruins, Burke did not trade for Naslund or Bertuzzi.  Pat Quinn (or Mike Keenan) did both of those deals.  Burke's reputation is seriously overrated.

Suglobov is not worth a 1st round pick, please people.  Let's be realistic.  A number 2 overall pick is huge - a team would only deal it if they were getting a young star, but possibly one with less upside than the 2nd overall pick would have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

keenan got bert, i'm not sure about nazzy.

Fact is he was a key figure in their ascension to greatness and he was the one who brought in the coach, made the right moves, and did a lot of smart things to help propel the franchise forward.

bruins, Burke did not trade for Naslund or Bertuzzi.  Pat Quinn (or Mike Keenan) did both of those deals.  Burke's reputation is seriously overrated.

Suglobov is not worth a 1st round pick, please people.  Let's be realistic.  A number 2 overall pick is huge - a team would only deal it if they were getting a young star, but possibly one with less upside than the 2nd overall pick would have.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

keenan got bert, i'm not sure about nazzy.

Fact is he was a key figure in their ascension to greatness and he was the one who brought in the coach, made the right moves, and did a lot of smart things to help propel the franchise forward.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Should have never gotten rid of Burke......

:doh1::doh1::doh1::doh1:

What smart things did he do?

Burke got the franchise financially stable. What he did not do was draft well, or trade particularly well. Getting Jovo for Bure was pretty huge, especially since Bure had been sitting on his ass all year. Hiring Marc Crawford? A no-brainer. Sticking with Cloutier? Also a no-brainer, in the other sense.

Burke did an adequate job. He did not do a great job, or else the Canucks would look much better now. He just didn't draft very well. The Sedin twins have looked dreadfully average - they have to have a big season soon or Daniel might be seperated from Henrik. But to come in with the talent he had on the roster to trade away, the talent he had there already, and the high draft picks he was sure to get - this team should be closer to a Stanley Cup.

What smart things did he do?

Burke got the franchise financially stable.  What he did not do was draft well, or trade particularly well.  Getting Jovo for Bure was pretty huge, especially since Bure had been sitting on his ass all year.  Hiring Marc Crawford?  A no-brainer.  Sticking with Cloutier?  Also a no-brainer, in the other sense. 

Burke did an adequate job.  He did not do a great job, or else the Canucks would look much better now.  He just didn't draft very well.  The Sedin twins have looked dreadfully average - they have to have a big season soon or Daniel might be seperated from Henrik.  But to come in with the talent he had on the roster to trade away, the talent he had there already, and the high draft picks he was sure to get - this team should be closer to a Stanley Cup.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Once again you patehtically demonstrate how little you follow teams other than the devils.