HF boards

MadDog2020

Dude, I tried going over to the HF boards before and their server is overloaded. Seriously, that's a joke. I know today is the first day of FA, but there hasn't even been any real serious action yet. That site gets overloaded WAYYYYY too much. They gotta do something to handle all the traffic. I don't how many of you guys read those boards, but it's really frustrating.

i'm with you man, it happens all the time.

and about the people who post. it seems like for every really great poster there, there is some moron who has this retarded nationality bias, random bias, i won't go away even though i was banned 100 times thing, or just plain stupid. its worth looking for lots of smart opinions. but there are some really anal and sarcastic people there who think they are above the world. and lounge? those people think it stupid to post about hockey.

Edited by bruins4777

I can't make to many comments because HF is a good source for farm player knowledge. But imagine having all 30 teams plus the minor league boards on one server. It is no wonder they crash on any big event day.

On a side note, judging from all the guests I would say that we have a lot of visitors form crashed boards today heh, thank god for the mirrors!

Edited by DevilMinder

The HF Boards are a great meeting place for fans around the world.

And I used to respect them, too, before they annointed the Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) blog as an "official" source.

Actually, I haven't been to his site since the lockout ended. Who knew?

<JESTER>

I love HFBOARDS......alot do tend to overate prospects but when you know the masive chunk of respected posters and who to read you are way way better off. To say they suck because so many visit them on big events doesn't seem logical. They don't make people pay a cent for the info and their writers all get nothing. What they should do is force people to pay for the prospect resources then they could afford a server. Still allow everyone to post on the boards.

Edited by Jas0nMacIsaac

I love HFBOARDS......alot do tend to overate prospects but when you know the masive chunk of respected posters and who to read you are way way better off. To say they suck because so many visit them on big events doesn't seem logical. They don't make people pay a cent for the info and their writers all get nothing. What they should do is force people to pay for the prospect resources then they could afford a server. Still allow everyone to post on the boards.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jason, you TOTALLY missed his point -- he's not saying the board sucks, he's pretty much saying the server sucks and the way they handle the traffic sucks. How are you supposed to enjoy a board when it's always down or overloaded?

One annoying thing i just remeberd with the talk of them overrating prospects, is how they jarble on about the "next big thing" player. The one guy i really like there...vlad impaler, he made this perfect post about it. Basically a guy has a bad game o no he's not the best prospect ever any more so and so is.

bouwmeester had a rough AHL playoff, HE SUCKS PITKANEN IS THE NEW DMAN GOD!

Jeff Carter dominates the WJC, HE'S THE FORWARD GOD! Ovechkin is drafted HE'S THE FORWARD GOD! Malkin has upside HE'S THE NEW FORWARD GOD. etc.

The only constant i've ever seen for best prospect at a position is lehtonen.

Its really irritating to see people run around saying how malkin is better than carter because he has UPSIDE! Even if carter has vastly proved himself more.

And people seem to LOVE to discount AHL credentials unless its to bash a player. Apparently russia is this godly league and thats where all the best credentials come from :roll:

Its just very irritating how much the "hot new player" switches around.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Jason, you TOTALLY missed his point -- he's not saying the board sucks, he's pretty much saying the server sucks and the way they handle the traffic sucks. How are you supposed to enjoy a board when it's always down or overloaded?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly RD.

and... as the name says they tend to overrate young players. ALOT

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you ever look on the Rangers board, there are people who do want Naslund or Forsberg to sign because it will take away ice time from guys like Lundmark, Petr Pruca, Balej, David Olver, Jessiman. Some actually think the Rangers should re-build by playing Jagr, Nylander, and 10 kid forwards with little or no NHL experience. You would think Prucha, Immonen, and Korpikoski are the second coming of Gretzky, Messier, and Coffey the way some of these guys post.