• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't Malakhov retire?

Malakhov+McGillis < Niedermayer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HALLELUJIA! :pray: Something miraculous HAS happened today: I can totally agree with ^7^ , no qualms, on a Devils defense related topic!

Edited by Darwindog

Raffy is my new second favorite player.  THERE is someone who shows true loyalty.  Lou brought him back from Europe and Raffy repays him by waiting for Scotty-poo to make his decision.  I doubt it's easy to know that you're second priority over someone else but anyways bravo Raffy! Of course my feeling will probably change if it turns out that Raffy will be making 5 mil/yr. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets find out how much $$$ he got before you praise him... assuking LL offered him the most $$$ loyatly had nothing to do w/ it

And the rest of us need to have seats reserved.... today is the worst day of sports in my life

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must be young... trust me, it gets much, much worse!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was worse. Losing to the rags in the 1994 ECF. Losing the Cup to the Avs in 7 games.

This is just a bump in the road.

LETS GO DEVILS! :evil:

And the rest of us need to have seats reserved.... today is the worst day of sports in my life

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah it does. A certain May night in 1994 was far and away my worst. Will be until I die.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It was worse. Losing to the rags in the 1994 ECF. Losing the Cup to the Avs in 7 games.

This is just a bump in the road.

LETS GO DEVILS! :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On a happy thought... Hey we are not the Rangers... We do have a great goalie.... And our fans are way cooler than Philthies

I LOVE LOU. I can't express enough what great signings these were. SOLID on the blueline. I am so psyched for the season to start.

If anyone had followed Malakhov not only did he play well for the FLyers he was also the Rangers best defensemen the past few years (really not saying much).

Larry is going to make Malakhov into the superstar he was supposed to be. I can see Rafi feeding McGillis on the PP and Mcgillis using that canon of a shot. Our PP just got much better.

WHITE is not going anywhere he is our new Dano. Brown will be cut and will have time to develop.

My take on the pairings:

Rafi- Matvichuk

White-Martin

Malakhov-McGilis

Hale/Stevens

Between Matvichuk, White, McGillis and Malakhov we won' get pushed around in the playoffs and if Scotty is healthy come April===Watch out.

Raffy is my new second favorite player.  THERE is someone who shows true loyalty.  Lou brought him back from Europe and Raffy repays him by waiting for Scotty-poo to make his decision.  I doubt it's easy to know that you're second priority over someone else but anyways bravo Raffy! Of course my feeling will probably change if it turns out that Raffy will be making 5 mil/yr. <_<

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets find out how much $$$ he got before you praise him... assuking LL offered him the most $$$ loyatly had nothing to do w/ it

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I LOVE LOU.  I can't express enough what great signings these were.  SOLID on the blueline.    I am so psyched for the season to start.

If anyone had followed Malakhov not only did he play well for the FLyers he was also the Rangers best defensemen the past few years (really not saying much).

Larry is going to make Malakhov into the superstar he was supposed to be.  I can see Rafi feeding McGillis on the PP and Mcgillis using that canon of a shot.  Our PP just got much better.

WHITE is not going anywhere he is our new Dano.  Brown will be cut and will have time to develop.

My take on the pairings:

Rafi- Matvichuk

White-Martin

Malakhov-McGilis

Hale/Stevens

Between Matvichuk, White, McGillis and Malakhov we won' get pushed around in the playoffs and if Scotty is healthy come April===Watch out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I like your attitude Manta. Now stop hogging the Kool-Aid and pass it around! :evil:

LETS GO DEVILS! :boogie:

Lets say we are squared away on defense.... what options do we have available, and would make a good fit.. on left, which we are weak at?

I LOVE LOU.  I can't express enough what great signings these were.  SOLID on the blueline.    I am so psyched for the season to start.

Larry is going to make Malakhov into the superstar he was supposed to be.  I can see Rafi feeding McGillis on the PP and Mcgillis using that canon of a shot.  Our PP just got much better.

WHITE is not going anywhere he is our new Dano.  Brown will be cut and will have time to develop.

My take on the pairings:

Rafi- Matvichuk

White-Martin

Malakhov-McGilis

Hale/Stevens

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Man, I'm drinnking the kool-aid, but I'm not THAT optimistic. Screw a glass- gimme the whole pitcher this time. Extra bourbon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets say we are squared away on defense.... what options do we have available, and would make a good fit.. on left, which we are weak at?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's my question: What's Lou's next move? I have a feeling he has something up his sleeve here. He HAS to. Is there anyone decent on the FA market left we can sign? If anyone has a list of the remaining FA's, please post it.

At this point I bet we don't have much cap space. Getting a consistent scorer will take a trade.

Too bad we have nothing to offer for Gagne (aside from the fact that Lou and Clarke won't deal with each other) that the Flyers would want.

Just to make it even MORE trivial.. orson wells' LAST ROLE EVER was to be that big fat planet, that was actually close to his real size :evil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"why...I did it right the first time..."

Obscure O&A reference of the day........ :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

fantastic reference. just great.

The Devils had to go elsewhere to shore up their defence and did so by re-signing unrestricted free agent Brian Ralalski to an $8.4 million, two-year deal-as well as getting veteran blue-liners Dan McGillis and Vladimir Malakhov under contract. Malakhov signed a $7.2 million, two year deal.

"We couldn't just sit there and brood over it," Lamoriello said. "We made a substantial offer (to Niedermayer) and did tie up a considerable amount of money, but then had another plan should that not work out. And we feel extremely comfortable with our defence right now.

"In fact we're excited with what McGillis, Malakhov and Rafalski will bring."

The Devils had to go elsewhere to shore up their defence and did so by re-signing unrestricted free agent Brian Ralalski to an $8.4 million, two-year deal-as well as getting veteran blue-liners Dan McGillis and Vladimir Malakhov under contract. Malakhov signed a $7.2 million, two year deal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that's a lot of cash for them but they had to do something.

both big, durable guys. Should help us greatly against the flyers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah... i did think that... :noclue: but you knwo... so? I just dont see where the heart of the teamis going to come from when push comes to shove. Nieds didn't step up when Stevens was out -- I mean we can blow sunshine up our buts and say sure he did and he has the Norris to prove it -- but this ... this... we'll see.

That's all. We'll see.

Edited by Darwindog