Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Rob is way overrated anyway.  I would rather have and underachieving Friesen than Rob Niedermayer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Um, would you rather have Scott or Friesen?

Yeah, that's what I thought, do it now Lou!!!!!

I can't stand Friesen to begin with, but to keep Scott we have to try everything.

I like Rob too, I think he if used correctly can be an excellent addition to any team.

However Burke won't do it, he wants to sign Scott himself :blink:

Flyers pull a 'Hatcher' job

The Broadstreet Bullies look to return to their bruising ways, as they sign three wide bodies on defence.

Sportsnet.ca -- The Philadelphia Flyers weren't able to lure Adam Foote into the fold, but Bob Clarke has still managed to beef up his blueline.

Sportsnet has learned the Flyers have agreed to multi year deals with big defensemen, Derian Hatcher and Mike Rathje.

Both men are listed at 6'5, 235 lbs, so clearly it's the Flyers intent to get bigger.

But Philadelphia didn't stop there, adding a third towering defensemen in re-acquiring 6'5 Ottawa native, Chris Therien, the Flyers seventh choice in the 1990 NHL draft.

The Flyers have called a 1pm ET media conference to unveil their additions, with sources telling Sportsnet it will include a fourth player in forward Jon Sim.

Hatcher is 33 and very recently became available after becoming a casualty to the buy-out process at the hands of the Detroit Red Wings, along with former teammates Darren McCarty and Ray Whitney.

31-year-old Mike Rathje was drafted 3rd overall by the San Jose Sharks in 1992 and has played his entire career in San Jose.

Hatcher was injured for most of 2003-04 season, playing in just 15 games for Detroit and amassing four assists.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHA, they brought that pylon Therien back? Flyer fans probably are jumping off the Ben Franklin Bridge over that one. Hatcher is past his prime, but Rathje is a solid signing for them. You can count them out of the Nieds sweepstakes now.

The biggest suprise thus far, to me, has been that Sportsnet is kicking ass over TSN in regards to getting the information first.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who did the Flyers trade Markov to?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nashville for a 3rd rounder...and somehow last week Fedoruk went for a 2nd. :noclue:

Im fairly concerned that Lou may very well not be as trustworthy with this, as he may be letting himself get tailgaited into waiting for Niedermayer.

Lots of good players who could have helped the Devils are going off the boards.

This team easily could still use another center, scoring winger, defenseman.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.