Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

wait wait wait, i'm with you lizdevil i JUST saw this...I LOVE THAT SIGNING. Thats an incredible bargin.

i still think they should find some way to get a big center who can win faceoffs, which is the main reason they lost to detroit, but damn how could they have refused that deal!!!

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unrestricted free agent forward Paul Kariya has signed on with the Nashville Predators, TSN has learned.

The deal is worth $4.5 million US over two years.

And the Devs got McGillis for $4.4 over two years. Is it just me or is there something not quite right with this picture? :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't MCGills sign for only 1.1?

Unrestricted free agent forward Paul Kariya has signed on with the Nashville Predators, TSN has learned.

The deal is worth $4.5 million US over two years.

And the Devs got McGillis for $4.4 over two years. Is it just me or is there something not quite right with this picture? :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Didn't MCGills sign for only 1.1?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

4.4 over two years.

"but sir i was just trying to follow my dream!"

"a lot of people were just trying to follow their dream, hitler was just following a dream, MICHEAL BOLTON WAS JUST FOLLOWING HIS DREAM!"

i forget where that was from but every time i hear micheal boulton i think

1)office space

2)that line

karlovy vary, grahame is good...but he has yet to show himself a full season, i've been through this with you before :D

kariya to nashville...wow the team that injured him on the last game of the season when he was with the avs...wow. that came out of nowhere....very interesting...not sure what to think. Personally i think he's going to struggle a lot, he struggled a lot in the defensive ducks system, i don't know why he would go to a team that is bent on using its speed to play defense...they're not quite as "physical defensive" as ducks or devs, but they do play a heavy defensive style, which is a big reason david legwand hasn't put up great numbers...

i really thought they should have gone for a big center... now that i think about it holik would have been good for them, but kariya has such talent its hard for me to not like this signing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did Hitler ever get voted by the Times as the man of the year? If Khomeini did, Hitler definitely deserved it. Nevermind, Hitler was part of the 1939 issue.

How do you think backups become starters? Which backup plays 50 games a year? Not all goalies can play a full season on the first go like Ken Dryden. I think Grahame's going to be fine. And Tampa's stupid net trapping, caving in system will make the worse goalie look ten times better.

It's nice hear Kariya finally got signed. Nashville's probably betting on the fact that he'll return to the point a game player in 03. They got a good deal too, he should have asked for more than 2.25/a.

hey RD you might want to redo that signature since rafalski's name is mispelled.

edit: i forgot to post what i originally wanted to say.

kariya for 2.25 is a steal, and the fact that mcgillis makes 2.2 along with jeff friesen is slightly depressing. Especially since we all know lou had been a big kariya fan. In any case i remain cautiously optomistic once the dust clears, we'll like the devils team we see before us.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

I guess Nashville had extra money, but Kariya??? 

I hope Sullivan is getting paid higher because Kariya isn't worth it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

you really think kariya isn't worth what he got signed?

say what you will about last year, the talent is still there and 2.25 is remarkable. Remeber outside of that one year, he still has one hell of a career on his back.

Did Hitler ever get voted by the Times as the man of the year? If Khomeini did, Hitler definitely deserved it. Nevermind, Hitler was part of the 1939 issue.

How do you think backups become starters? Which backup plays 50 games a year? Not all goalies can play a full season on the first go like Ken Dryden. I think Grahame's going to be fine. And Tampa's stupid net trapping, caving in system will make the worse goalie look ten times better.

It's nice hear Kariya finally got signed. Nashville's probably betting on the fact that he'll return to the point a game player in 03. They got a good deal too, he should have asked for more than 2.25/a.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know backups become starters, aebi did it very nicely. But i just don't see it in grahame, but your right tampa's style of play make goalies look a lot better than they are so even if they don't pick up anybody as long as grahame's body can sustain a full 50 game season they should be fine.

There's just something about grahame...i dunno. We'll see.

Kariya is getting 4.5 a year for 1 yr, not 2.2 or 2.25.

Im not sure on Kariya, I think he will struggle with the Preds and particularly in the more physical EC, even with the rule changes.

Hes a good "fan frenzy" signing for them, sends a message to their fans and to the team itself that theyre trying to improve the team.

I also think he may have had few teams to go to at that price, dont discount the cap being a factor in deciding whether or not youll go somewhere, dont forget he only earned 1.2 with the DiveAlanche.

Im interested to see what else Lou does, I expect to him to make a trade withing the next couple of weeks.

Kariya is getting 4.5 a year for 1 yr, not 2.2 or 2.25.

Im not sure on Kariya, I think he will struggle with the Preds and particularly in the more physical EC, even with the rule changes.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nashville is in the Western Conference.

tsn disagrees with you.

also nashville is in the western conference.

"The deal is worth $4.5 million US a season over two years."\

ifjpewoijowaejf ok well 2 separate posts beat me too it, wahtever.

Edited by bruins4777

I was thinking of the Thrashers, my bad.

Better for him than in the WC.

Still, I think he would have been a nice fit on the Devs, but the money obviously wouldnt have been doable.

Paul Kariya on the Predators? another reason why the post cap NHL sucks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

god forbid upcoming teams pick up great players.

maybe we should watch the same NHL over and over and expect big name players to only sign on big name teams

yay wings are a top team again, avs are great again, devils make the ECF finals again, sens choke in the playoffs after dominating the regular season again, etc.

i'm sure that will be fun to watch :rolleyes:

Paul Kariya on the Predators? another reason why the post cap NHL sucks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

god forbid upcoming teams pick up great players.

maybe we should watch the same NHL over and over and expect big name players to only sign on big name teams

yay wings are a top team again, avs are great again, devils make the ECF finals again, sens choke in the playoffs after dominating the regular season again, etc.

i'm sure that will be fun to watch :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Regardless, the Bruins will always suck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.