Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i go on vacation for a few days and i find f-ing gratton signed?!?!?!!?!??! god damn...

leclair on pens...why tell me why.

coldply this is a delayed reply but as for your comment about chemistry?

thornton and murray have chemistry out the wazoo.

Samsonov and bergeron showed incredible chemistry during the post season and were along with nylander the best line for the bruins in the playoffs.

Also about axelsson declining due to rolston? thsi may have been true 2 years ago, but no way now. Rolston is on a serious decline. The guy is so incredibly talented. A slapper that rivals the best, speed in the same regard plus the puckhandling to control it, defensively his sense rivals jere lehtenin(sp?), but for all that raw talent his passing ability is awful, he tries to pass, he's not a puckhog but he just can't pass. And his grit...he can range from a guy who is willing to do anything in sacrificing his body, to a guy who is scared to even go into the most basic corner. And his overall passion? So incredibly frustrating. He can be the best defensive forward and shutdown man for a few week streak where he is killing you on the penalty kill, blasting in shots from the point, getting breakaways only few others could and scoring goals on them, then once he stops scoring you see this pathetic man who skates around like crazy looking lost on the ice and fanning and flubbing shots galore and looking like colin white in handling the puck on breakaways.

and him in the playoffs? My god did anybody dissapear as bad as him consistently?

Axelsson is a great grinder and works his heart out EVERYNIGHT. Something rolston could never lay claim to these past 2 years. I and many other bruins fans were happy to see him go.

I take axelsson over him. He is a quite madden on the wing without the offense. He is underrated because he plays in beantown and people think rolston makes him look better, but in reality axelsson has covered up rolston consistently these past 2 years. Axelsson should gel fine with mchcrean, scatchard i'm not sure. But axelsson is one of the best players in the corners.

There is a reason axelsson is my favorite bruin.

Wow Pittsburgh is going nuts this offseason.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Absolutely crazy. I was excited for/tolerant of Pittsburg until the annoucement came that Mario Lemieux isn't going to attend Team Canada training camp due to "commitments to the Pittsburg Penguins". Crosby is doing the exact same thing to the U20 WJC team.

I hope Pittsburg gets creamed in their first game.

There is a reason axelsson is my favorite bruin.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:doh1:

:wacko: You can't help it bruins and I dont mean to talk down to you but your real-time hockey taste and your "Hey I've seen the classic games and games on tape" taste are pretty divergent -- more so than I'd expect from someone who can back up his "classics" opinion so well.

The old timers you are impressed with and the new guys you love -- they're just different. Some of the points you'll fight tooth and nail over just :blink: then PJ Axelsson -- it makes no sense to me - there is a MAJOR disconnect in your tastes... what is it? Dad? or some publication? Just public opinion in general?

come on folks does this not blow anyone elses mind sometimes? Derek? Is it just me? one is very specific party animal hockey taste too rich for my blood even -- and the other is spouting popular opinion, very well dont get me wrong but it's not the same taste ... is it just me?

yes yes -- i give :evil: it all boils down to it just makes no sense that this kid doesn't appreciate much less ADORE Scott Stevens... :huh: ... no big whoop - just weirds me out :noclue:

there's something about axelsson, i can't describe it well i can...but i jsut love the guy. Maybe the "he's my fav bruin" should have had more detail to it. He's my fav CURRENT bruin. Orr is my fav player of all time and always will be. but no doubt axelsson is my fav curent player...

ya its kinda weird but meh. I honestly REALLY don't like forwards much. I mean i like thornton, obviously, and i other forwards. But jsut forwards that score a lot seem "generic" to me. I mean there's kovalchuk who is another one of my fav scoring forwards, although if you look at a lot of the other guys i like it makes no sense cause of his attitude. And i like physical powerforwards a lot like neely, heatley, thornton, bert, and the such. but in general i find forwards dull.

thats why i love goalies so much, there's just so many styles. and they'er such personalities. I like defeneders a lot also, because typically they're great skaters. Like bouwmeester, my fav current player, who just skates like the wind. Niedermayer, lidstrom, johnsson i freakign LOVE finesse defensemen. But when it comes to forwards, finesse forwards seem silly to me. And i just can't get "into" forwards.

But there's something about defensive forwards like axelsson that really get me. I don't know. its weird i admit. maybe its his work ethic? i don't know.

I'm a big mike fisher fan as well, even though he's a sen. I like the guy a lot. Matt cooke i like too. I'd like madden if he shut up. But i just don't know. Something about these defensive forwards. rolstons first year in beantown when he got 30 some sort goals and 9 shorthanded goals i loved him. But then i just stopped once i saw how inconsistent and desire screwed he was.

agh, so much rambling. I love finesse dmen, but i hate finesse forwards. I love physical defensive minded forwards, but i don't like defensive defensemen. Goalies are the only thing i'm fairly consistent on....

Edited by bruins4777

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=133593

this probably isn't big for you guys. But as somebody who follows vancouver, i love the guy. He has a top 10 slapshot in the league. I still remeber in 03-04 when he RIFLED that slapper past leighton(? or was it anderson?) against hte b-hawks in OT for a 3-2 win for the nucks. He'll never be a top 2 guy, but he is a PERFECT 2nd pp, no.4, pk guy. He's so versitaile and is a very underrated dman.

He was great in the world cup if i remeber correctly.

I like salo a lot, and now that i think of it...he would be a great guy for the bruins to pick up...alas its not ment to be.

No one is arguing that Lou didn't overpay for Malakhov - but Hamrlik at 3.1 isn't exactly a bargain either. Hamrlik is not a Devils kind of defenseman. As for Malakhov's play in 2000, it's debatable how good he was. I think he did what he was asked to do. He sure made Colin White look good, while O'Donnell made him look like a train wreck the next year. When he's at his best, Malakhov can be an excellent shadow defenseman - something which Hamrlik will never be confused for.

Is Hossa's younger brother a real prospect?  Is he worth a UFA contract?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he sucks. he wears teh reverse number of marian. 81 i believe.

He has this incredible shot, all these amazing tools and other such things that could make him one HELL of a player. But he shows none of the intangibles or anything realy that would make me want to have him ever on my team. Add in the fact he's a low life hab, adds to the hatred...or maybe that makes the hatred...one way or another i don't like him.

Hamrlik's career plus minus is a gruesome -101 v.s. "Malacough up the puck" as some have reffered to him as has a + 57. That explains to me a least why Lou may have avoided him. Besides, obviously Harmlik was asking for more than 3.7 when Lou was hunting for defencemen. Why do u think its taken so long for him to be signed? He was probably trying to get elite money for the first week and change, and then saw that he was running out of time and dropped his price.

Also Lou hardly made a panic move. This was as he put it "plan B". This was planned out from the get go. He may have overpaid for Malakhov but its only a 2 year deal and if he really struggles and can't live up to Lou and Larry's high expectations i bet theres a strong possiblility he'll retire anyway.

Sabres re$ign a $lew:

At least there will be a full roster for the Sabres LOL

BUFFALO, N.Y. - The Buffalo Sabres announced Monday the team has agreed to terms on a three-year deal with restricted free agent forward Jochen Hecht. Hecht would have become an unrestricted free agent after the upcoming NHL season.

The team also announced the following ten players have accepted their qualifying offers: Daniel Briere, J.P. Dumont, Maxim Afinogenov, Henrik Tallinder, Tim Connolly, Milan Bartovic, Ales Kotalik, Jason Pominville, Paul Gaustad and Michael Ryan.

Jay McKee has yet to accept his qualifying offer and continues to negotiate with the club.

come on folks does this not blow anyone elses mind sometimes?  Derek?  Is it just me?  one is very specific party animal hockey taste too rich for my blood even --  and the other is spouting popular opinion, very well dont get me wrong but it's not the same taste ...  is it just me?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha...I knew that was coming :). I think bruins calling Axelsson his fave player is like the fans on this board who love Pandolfo. They're similar players who bust their asses every shift. And bruins, you're absolutely right about Rolston. The Bruins will not miss that guy.

So Pitt$burgh signed LeClair. Why not bring in Selanne next? I will say though that having a year off might benefit LeClair and he'll get to renew chemistry with Recchi. This team is really going for it.

For Clown: Sabres sign Hecht to three-year $6 million extension and sign 11 others. Only guy not signed is McKee.

Actually bruins explained his opinion pretty well... it's still fishy to me <_< I mean a complete player is a complete player - if that's your fancy than the some of these offensive defensemen and defensive forwards will seem lacking to you -- and goal tending... well Marty is the closest you can come to a complete player in goal. I consider that fact not opinion.

Ever notice every weekend warrior hockey player on this board is a goalie? What's up with that? It's really not the most interesting when you're playing... IMO defense is -- my brain isn't fast enough for forward though I can't let go enough to be a real forward. My focus isn't quite built that way-- of course then and there tells you I SUCK and I'm not playing defense right AT ALL! :P Hence my not playing in three years... :saddevil:

Actually bruins explained his opinion pretty well... it's still fishy to me  <_<  I mean a complete player is a complete player - if that's your fancy than the some of these offensive defensemen and defensive forwards will seem lacking to you -- and goal tending... well Marty is the closest you can come to a complete player in goal.  I consider that fact not opinion.

Ever notice every weekend warrior hockey player on this board is a goalie?  What's up with that?  It's really not the most interesting when you're playing... IMO defense is -- my brain isn't fast enough for forward though I can't let go enough to be a real forward. My focus isn't quite built that way-- of course then and there tells you I SUCK and I'm not playing defense right AT ALL!  :P  Hence my not playing in three years... :saddevil:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I consider both offensive defensemen and defensive forwards to be complete players, more so "complete" than your ambiguous definition of a "complete player".

The word defenseman obviously implies someone who plays defense; while an offense defenceman would be a player that contributes both defensively and offensively. I don't see how a player like this would be "lacking" in any way.

Marty Brodeur is a great goalie, but I wouldn't go as far to say he is the most complete goalie whatever that means. To have to consider your statement as a fact means that it is an opinion.

Ever notice every weekend warrior hockey player on this board is a goalie?  What's up with that?  It's really not the most interesting when you're playing... IMO defense is -- my brain isn't fast enough for forward though I can't let go enough to be a real forward. My focus isn't quite built that way-- of course then and there tells you I SUCK and I'm not playing defense right AT ALL!  :P  Hence my not playing in three years... :saddevil:

Why am I sensing some sort of abuse here ?? :P

Will we ever freaking play hockey again speaking of ??? (I mean with our lil group like we once did)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.