Free Agent/Trades Off-season 2005

NJDevs4978

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in the bloody blue hell is Pittsburgh getting this money from !?!?!?!?!?

Looks like Queen Maria is embezzeling from other places now then his team :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Either they have a new investor or they know that Sidney Crosby and Lemieux is gonna attract enough fans to bring in the revenue....Unfortunately, it looks like they'll be fine....

Grier accepts Sabres qualifying offer

Canadian Press

8/8/2005 12:11:15 PM

BUFFALO, N.Y. (CP) - Veteran forward Mike Grier has accepted a one-year, $1.4-million US qualifying offer from the Buffalo Sabres, the NHL club announced Monday.

Buffalo acquired Grier at the NHL trade deadline in 2004 from Washington. Grier had a goal and eight assists in 14 games with the Sabres after registering eight goals and 12 assists in 68 contests with the Capitals.

Grier, 30, has 105 goals and 139 assists in 612 career NHL games. He has scored 20 goals in a season twice during his career, both with the Edmonton Oilers.

This reminds me of some big dates coming up:

Wed/Thu (Aug 10/11) - when players/teams must decide upon salary arbitration.

Next Mon Aug 15th - when tendered qualifying offers expire.

If the team doesn't like the arbitration award, they can buyout the player.

Not sure of the details though.

What happens when qualifying offers expire?  Do the players become UFAs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt it. If they did then they wouldn't have that December 1st deadline since they'd be able to sign with anyone.

What happens when qualifying offers expire?  Do the players become UFAs?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, it means that the qualifying offer is off the table, and the team & player have to come to a different agreement. The team still retains the player's rights.

No one picked up this HUGE signing by the Devils?

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3206574

Kitchener, ON: The New Jersey Devils (NHL) announced recently that they have signed former Rangers winger David Clarkson.

During his 4 year career in the Ontario Hockey League with Belleville and Kitchener Clarkson captured a Memorial Cup Championship (2003) and recorded 130 points (74G, 56A) in 185 games. Clarkson also leaves Kitchener 12th on the franchise's all-time penalty minute list with 440.

Last season Clarkson led the Rangers in goals with a new career best 33. He also set career highs in assists (21), points (54) and +/- (+16).

Konstantin Koltsov. Can't go wrong with a name like that.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he's a punk i hate him.

he is fat as hell though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe its muscle.. i dont know him, so i am just giving speculation.. but their arent that many fat hockey players.. they are just big boned and stocky :)

No one picked up this HUGE signing by the Devils?

http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/r...ses/?id=3206574

Kitchener, ON: The New Jersey Devils (NHL) announced recently that they have signed former Rangers winger David Clarkson.

During his 4 year career in the Ontario Hockey League with Belleville and Kitchener Clarkson captured a Memorial Cup Championship (2003) and recorded 130 points (74G, 56A) in 185 games. Clarkson also leaves Kitchener 12th on the franchise's all-time penalty minute list with 440.

Last season Clarkson led the Rangers in goals with a new career best 33. He also set career highs in assists (21), points (54) and +/- (+16).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well the Devs do need a scoring winger.

And we know Lou's success with sleeper-projects.

I'm not saying anything, but ya can never tell !

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.