Njdevs.com Fantasy Hockey

aylbert

my team sucks....i took a nap woke up when it started and forgot about it...bleh, my team was actually ok for the scenario....

i got freaking steve staois, vasiceck, anson carter, chris simon, and the bulin sieve, god damn...

at least i got nazzy...i did some dropping and such picked up hamrlik and markov...overall my team still sucks

• 3 weeks later...

BTW here is the standing for the other NJDEVS Fantasy Hockey League:

Rank Team Points Pts

1 Sarge's Squad 235

2 Dynamo Nation 226.5 (redruM)

3 Clawed Lemieux 220

4 CCCP 216.5

5 AHL Fodder 215.5

6 The Canadians 211.5

7 Ruff Edge$ 206

8 Bulgarian Sensations 176

9 halfsharkalligator 170

10 twisted rags 163.5

11 New Jersey Swamps 156.5

12 devilsrule33 150.5

13 Manta-Pens 144

14 Lukins 143 0 17 4

15 SWEETNICEAWESOMENESS 138.5

16 Feline Fanatics 130.5

17 tori spelling 117

18 Austin Avengers 115

19 Eyeball Tickler 114

20 Wolverines 110.5

Edited by redruM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I cant post the standings correctly... so Ill wait for funk to do it.

Key blockbuster trade occurred the other day though:

Mighty DoDo's send Jaromir Jagr and Alexander Frolov to the Sworn Defenders for Pavel Datsyuk, Henrik Zetterburg and PATRIK ELIAS.

DoDo's waive Steve Eminger to make roster room, Sworn Defenders pick up Chris Drury to fill void.

DM, why did you even bother to put Esche on IR in the first place, you don't even have a full roster as it is (I think you have 15 players and the roster max is 16, 17 if you have a guy on IR)?

I wouldn't mind knowing of an up-to-date site with injury reports too, god knows Yahoo! doesn't ever update things till the last minute and I've got quite a few people DTD on my roster in the other league.

Edited by Hasan4978

I suppose I'll give my secret away.

I go to TSN.ca's Ice Picks, they have the latest updates on who's playing and who's not. It helped me put players in the lineup that were on the IR, take players out that weren't going to suit up that night. It's really a great source of information.

Anyways, here's the link: http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

I suppose I'll give my secret away.

I go to TSN.ca's Ice Picks, they have the latest updates on who's playing and who's not. It helped me put players in the lineup that were on the IR, take players out that weren't going to suit up that night. It's really a great source of information.

Anyways, here's the link: http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=

I go with Hockey Informer. It has updates on players and tells you who is starting in nets for each team that night. I think it is the best site for fantasy hockey information.

http://www.hockeyinformer.com/

Could they please put Jovanovski on IR sometime soon? I'd sure love to use his roster spot.

Drop him :) or Chara!!!

Im hoping to rebound this week, I lost a lot of stats in trade transitions... but now I have Jagr who is due to come alive, and a question Knuble who feeds off the oft injured Forsberg.... buy Im a betting man, and I think they will do well.

Playoffs should be interesting with such a strong top 4.

I'm at work, so I can't go and look it up myself - how do the playoffs work here? How many teams go? I assume we use the last few weeks of the regular season for the playoffs, and do head to head elimination.

My team is finally looking strong and mounting a charge, but I'm not sure if I'm too far out of it at this point.

There's a strong top 4, and the next 5 are tightly bunched a little ways back.

Those byes will be important, because with the bunching in the middle of the pack, the 5 and 6 will probably be coming in on a hot streak.

That's what I'm hoping for! :evil:

Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
Sworn Defenders defeats Starscreams Brigade 5-2 on the strength of hat tricks by Erik Cole and Scott Hartnell (you'll never get that lucky again :P ).

You dont need luck when you draft a solid hockey club... my club is mostly a lot of solid grinders who work for their goals... with some offensive talent. I view the double hat trick as fate returning the favor of knocking Nagy out; which makes my previous trade for Jagr hurt a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

~~~JAGR for Trade~~~

With Nagy and Cole both out for the season, but awesome scoring depth has become devilish. I have plenty of well rounded players to trade with Jagr. Im looking to acquire 2-3 top 30 forwards for Jagr and others.

Edited by aylbert

• 1 month later...