Would anyone think less of me

Darwindog

If my post totals dropped were Stevens to retire?

or would it be worse if they stayed the same and I waxed Mrs Robinson all over Parise?

The problems I confront every day would boggle the average mind I tell you...

They would be cute!

Man he is just waaaaaay too young for me. I mean he's like AN INFANT!!!! I can't even deal! So I guess teh question is am i an awful person if I stop writing (s much) after Stevens retires? I mean I just htink it's al going ot be too annoying for me with our sucky D. Rafalski is all I have to look forward too and I dont want to be disappointed, you know? No one is perfect enough for me. I suppose Stevens tightlipped ... shinanigans are his saving grace with me as well as his fatal flaw -- seems that's always the way in doomed love :wub: **sigh**

Anyhow -- I don't want to just come here and bitch -- I won't like myself that way. :saddevil:

No, that doesn't make you a bad person at all! I think you won't, I think that as part of the community you'll stick around. But we do come to these turning points, things happen and people sometimes take the fork in the road.

Like Ally!!! I still miss her like the dickens though, I hope she's doing great and I get to see her some in the near future, at least at CAA.

I feel like I'm talking in circles here. Bottom line ... PK oops I mean DD, a bad person? No way, fun person yes. Bad person, nevah!

Edited by Elias Sports Bureau

Yeah - I didn't mind losing the little Captain..I expected Nieds to depart...

It's losing the real one that bugs me - ;) add to that the way in which he's going about the whole thing just BLAH... a really lame start to the season. and taxing on the Devils - he gives them no time to prep for life without him. He should respect the fact he earned a place in their hockey mindset and honor it.

He's being a real dickhead playing it this way - I'm believing a lot of the talk around the league this way now... yeah hockey players blab to fans and fans blab to puckbunnies especially if it's as amusing as they find a Stevens puck bunny <_< I just think now isn't the time aloofness is called for - whatever though. I can't change a thing and they're his own regrets he's creating so :noclue: not that big a deal at the end of the day.

I kind of agree Has... he wont ever make a genuine decision.

The man is LAZY and INDECISIVE.... that's why he's the kind to just throw himself into things headlong, you know. Maybe just pure LAZY.

Seriously! I think it's takes too much effort to even make a decision _ I don't think he's tormented I think he's not in the mood to think about it so he's not going to -- because HE'S LAZY!

he'll regret this too at the end of the day -- despite the fact he'll say and KNOW in his heart of hearts it's pointless to regret anything becuas eit's done -- so carry on--- he'll nonetheless still feel bad about it. but manage to avoid thinking on it so no big deal

What was a talking about -- regretting not sayign anything? I think that's what I meant.

well...

I'm glad he said something.

I approve of everything he said. I don't know if it's true but it makes good sense to me -- it's the only thing I could relate to -- obviously :P

I like it was a phone thing too actually. I liked and hated that TSN had some of the audio. He's such a very real person. It's always kind of poignant when I grasp that - because I like him more. Nooooooooooot LIKE "woowoo" like!

I really hated watching to video of his playing and stuff. really hated.

I dunno I always wanted to see him go out "Rollerball" style you know... everyone dead on the ice .... fires in the corners..... Stevens just skating around the rink .... dead quiet except for the crakling of the burning wooden sticks, and the murmuring of the crowd just starting to repeat his name.......... JONATHAN...err.... . CAPTAIN KRUNCH....CAPTAIN KRUNCH...... just as the organ begans to bellow Bach's 'Toccata and Fugue in D minor' ......

:hail::hail::hail::hail::hail:

TRAUMA! That would be one hell of a finish huh?

So what will I do when in a year or so when I crash into Stevens in the new arena like I did to John MacLean last season played?

That was actually one of my friends reaction: Retired huh? So .. that means he's got a lot of free time...

Do you think he'll play in silly alumni games in a few years? :lol:

So what will I do when in a year or so when I crash into Stevens in the new arena like I did to John MacLean last season played?

That was actually one of my friends reaction:  Retired huh?  So .. that means he's got a lot of free time...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I guess the idea that you might end the Stevens-worship and find another Devil (or even ex-Devil) to stalk has been put on hold, PK/DD? Or is this just what is happening during your period of mourning for the Stevens retirement?

What happened to the Ms. Robinson-type thing with Parise? :evil:

Oh forget my liking anyone else -- who was i kidding? It'll fade and all and that will suck...

like tonight sucks as the retirement posts fall off the page replaced by - whatever -- the future I guess... it's just not fun. anyhow I hear my baby girl padding around upstairs with her daddy so - I LOVE those teeny feet! I have to have another one. How weird I'm such an old fvcker and still trying to squeeze out the pups. Hope it adds ten years to my life.

• 3 weeks later...
If my post totals dropped were Stevens to retire?

or would it be worse if they stayed the same and I waxed Mrs Robinson all over Parise?

The problems I confront every day would boggle the average mind I tell you...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DD/PK, I dearly hope you can find it in your heart to embrace the MILF aesthetic and fixate on a younger player. Your obsessive psychologizing brought puck-bunnyism to new heights (or is it depths?) God bless you please Mrs Robinson.

:P heehee.

Well... we'll see. I admit I have a soft spot for Foster. and I really was sure i wouldn't like him at all when he was drafted. I'm a detrimentally unsympathetic person. but the guy works his ass off and it just seems like he's got something... he DOES have something. But other things appear to be missing... :noclue:

I'm really glad they didn

Edited by Darwindog

OK so would you think less of me if I said Doesnt Scott Stevens look like Jeff Bridges sometimes? I hate those Howie Long comparisons... <_<

sepatbirth2.jpg

I was trying to figure out why they remind me of eachother.. I always figured it was the voice but then I thought I'd just goof around after wasting most of the afternoon searching for info on numb cat tongues...

this wasn't that easy -- first i ahd to find Stevens making a Jeff Bridges face... THEN the real hard part was finding a picture of Jeff Bridges that actually looks like Jeff bridges.. of course poor Jeff is fat and old all of a sudden now... and weird as ll hell... but I love him still... the dude abides... he can play such the classic assh0le! I always fear that's what he's really like. I like him in his nerdy roles best.

Edited by Darwindog

Whatever did happen to MaddDog?  I saw her in some political threads and then never again.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Very busy work schedule and also went on vacation seven weeks ago to visit a penpal in Australia for 10 days. I'd like to go there but man that flight would be tough :blink:.

I did get a postcard from her a while back.

Wow, Australia!  That kicks ass.  I'd love to go there one day.  Long flights are not a problem for me.  I just take some motion sickness pills, booze up and sleep most of the way. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It looks like an awesome place. I saw enough pictures from the Australian Open coverage back in January.

I would probably need to be knocked out to do that :lol:.